Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 01:06   #1
BHPian
 
buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 83
Thanked: 19 Times
Default The Buddha has smiled

Hello folks

This is Buddha radioing in for the very first time. I am a huuge car buff, 25 years old, male and based out of Mumbai.

I had heard about the site for about a year I guess, but it was only during the *long* search for my first car (April-June 2010) that I really got hooked onto the site. After months of addicted reading of any and every thread during the summer just gone past, I am happy to be finally here as a member!

The membership and the car have arrived at the same time - its a Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi (more on the car and the buying process in the correct forum very soon). But have to mention here that it was awesome fun reading about the experiences of almost each and every Fiesta owner-member out here.

<quickly checks Rehaan's guide to an intro post>
Ok, here is some more dope on me..
  • Am a strategy consultant by profession. (enough said on that front!)
  • I am particularly crazy about cars, but am also interested in anything else that moves on wheels - so that covers bikes, buses, trains, autos etc
  • The interest began with Automobile Design, but now pretty much covers all aspects of automobiles (from corporate stuff such as 'Why did Koenigsegg buy Saab', to daily ownership stuff such as 'How do I get the rain off my ORVMs?!' to philosophical musings 'Why do we dig automobiles so much?' )
  • Am also heavily into reading (mostly fiction so far, but increasingly getting drawn into history, autobiographies etc) and lightly into Rock (Metal, Hard Rock, Psychedelia, Country etc)
  • Ok, back to cars now! I learnt driving in my sister's battered 800, and boy was it a fun car! Absolute go-kart it was. Soon drove my family's Indica DLS, and thus began the torque addiction. Pop now drives a Skoda Octavia (1.9 TDI, of course) and I love it too. Which brings me to my very own car: the Diesel Fiesta I bought just last week. Hope it brings me loads of happiness in the years to come. Dream car? My current ascetic beliefs dictate that a Honda Jazz is all the car I will ever need (doesn't hurt that my heart is also fida over it!), but life (=the gf) has other ideas, so lets see!

Alright folks, I guess thats enough said; will spare you the yawns now. Just want to add, I would love to meet some of you in the real world as well!

Cheers
RR

PS: Oh, and its 'Buddha' as in Siddhartha/Gautama (the ascetic god), not 'buddha' the term for a generic oldie!
buddha is offline  
Old 21st June 2010, 13:34   #2
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 75
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Welcome along!

Your subject reminds me not of Buddha, but the 'smiling buddha': Smiling Buddha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


regards!
Positron is offline  
Old 21st June 2010, 17:28   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,446
Thanked: 707 Times
Default

Welcome board Buddha. Its good you are going through rules before posting so that you can attain nirvana here else you would reach samadhi only .
jacs is offline  
Old 24th June 2010, 13:57   #4
BHPian
 
SankalpDesai's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 227
Thanked: 51 Times
Default

Hehe. Yes Mr. Buddha, we get it right. A lot of us have benefited from this form on 'What Car' and have either bought our cars or are in the process of buying one. So now its time to pass on the benefits to others who are in that phase of life - like me. I am buying my first car pretty soon.

All The Best with the Fiesta. Looking forward to some pics and travelogues from your side.
SankalpDesai is offline  
Old 25th June 2010, 14:42   #5
BHPian
 
buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 83
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positron View Post
Welcome along!

Your subject reminds me not of Buddha, but the 'smiling buddha': Smiling Buddha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


regards!
That was the intention mate...'To arrive with a bang'! Glad that you got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Welcome board Buddha. Its good you are going through rules before posting so that you can attain nirvana here else you would reach samadhi only .
Hehe. But really, dont tempt me with talk about nirvana and samadhi - I am sure nobody wants to be treated to lengthy discourses on spiritualism and metaphysics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
Hehe. Yes Mr. Buddha, we get it right. A lot of us have benefited from this form on 'What Car' and have either bought our cars or are in the process of buying one. So now its time to pass on the benefits to others who are in that phase of life - like me. I am buying my first car pretty soon.

All The Best with the Fiesta. Looking forward to some pics and travelogues from your side.
Thanks - plan to write about my buying experience very soon. The travelogues will require travel first - and I just figured that my first weekend getaway plan is going down the drain :(. Hopefully next weekend...

But best of luck with your own purchase process dude!
buddha is offline  
Old 25th June 2010, 18:58   #6
BHPian
 
rnidumolu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 219
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Welcome to the forum Buddha! Drive safe
rnidumolu is offline  
Old 29th June 2010, 09:06   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,891
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

I thought you had written "Buddha has Mile'd", just like Leh'd, Civved, Swifted etc etc

Smile is indeed better than mile...Welcome

Quote:
The interest began with Automobile Design, but now pretty much covers all aspects of automobiles (from corporate stuff such as 'Why did Koenigsegg buy Saab', to daily ownership stuff such as 'How do I get the rain off my ORVMs?!' to philosophical musings 'Why do we dig automobiles so much?'
look forward to read your writings on these topics.
see you in forums.
StarVegabond is offline  
Old 29th June 2010, 13:10   #8
MX6
Senior - BHPian
 
MX6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: City of seven islands.
Posts: 2,882
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
Hehe. But really, dont tempt me with talk about nirvana and samadhi - I am sure nobody wants to be treated to lengthy discourses on spiritualism and metaphysics!
Don't be too sure. There are enough members who have similar interests here. So there are people who look forward to such discourses.
Welcome and congrats on your fiesta.
MX6 is offline  
Old 29th June 2010, 19:50   #9
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,233
Thanked: 21,895 Times
Default

Welcome aboard buddha,

By taking a quick look at your posting history i can see you are well on your way to enlightenment already

Nice intro thread title btw.

I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of you around the forums,
R
Rehaan is offline  
Old 30th June 2010, 12:55   #10
BHPian
 
buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 83
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
look forward to read your writings on these topics.
see you in forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Don't be too sure. There are enough members who have similar interests here. So there are people who look forward to such discourses.
Welcome and congrats on your fiesta.
Hmm looks like this place is really fab, interest in car philosophy and all that! Guess you will see some posts along such lines from me soon then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Welcome aboard buddha,

By taking a quick look at your posting history i can see you are well on your way to enlightenment already

Nice intro thread title btw.

I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of you around the forums,
R
Thanks!
buddha is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A trip to Bhutan that led to Nepal - Guns, Buddha and BHP buddha141 Travelogues 32 22nd January 2015 12:41
Has anyone seen the VW Phaeton need4speed The International Automotive Scene 51 3rd October 2012 08:35
How has my 1.4 litre FIRE FIAT LINEA (F. Red) has lived the 5000 kms run? A report. omar1310 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 29 26th December 2009 13:15
Wow, has anyone ever seen this or  know what it is _Crazi4Speed_ The International Automotive Scene 7 14th May 2004 23:44
Mighty Honda has Quality problems too! amit The International Automotive Scene 7 20th April 2004 11:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks