Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 26th June 2010, 15:39   #1

Default Hey Folks!!! Great to be here (Finally)

My first attempt to become a part Team-BHP was right after I read an amazing ownership review. I was neck deep in my first ever car buying decision, and I had a fixed budget of 5.1 Lakh ex-showroom, as my company allowance allowed only so much. Confusion would be an understatement. And the registration denial, did hurt a little.

But I kept coming back, kept reading reviews, tips, suggestions and evaluations, and believe it or not came to a decision. The formalities completed, the order was placed, the cheque cleared, and I awaited delivery with eager anticipation. I was told as the car was in great demand so I had to wait 25 days; the excitement was a little dampened. So close yet so far I guess. I came right back to Team-BHP and did some more reading on accessories and such to keep myself distracted, yet totally immersed in the car scene. This time was registration attempt not 4 I guess. Another rejection.

But exactly 5 days after booking the car, a call came. It was the end of the month, and my extremely resourceful sales rep, in an attempt to make his monthly quota and get me my car asap, had managed to procure a piece whose prospective owner had not made his payments on time. Knowing I would thus take deliver immediately, I rushed again onto Team-BHP and started reading up on taking delivery. The issues that come up, things to watch for, precautions to take and so forth. And this was also registration attempt no 5.

I drove my gorgeous new car home, taking care of it all the way, because irrespective of whatever the manufacturer said, I was going to run this baby in carefully. Joy knew no bounds, and yet, there was another little bit of good news for me. I had finally been approved, and I was officially a part of the community that had helped me so much.

So its great to be here guys. Thanks for all your help, and I hope to add my few cents as I live and learn everyday in the real world in my awesome new acquisition.

(BTW, I'll leave it to you to guess what car I finally picked up. I think the few hints sprinkled around should lead you in almost the right direction)
Old 26th June 2010, 22:43   #2
BHPian

Welcome to the forum!
Please go through the Announcements sections to know all the rules, regulations and know-how.
Congrats on your new purchase.
Old 27th June 2010, 12:25   #3
BHPian

You dont leave anything for us to guess. Its all in your profile.
Enjoy your Ford Figo. And welcome to Team-bhp.
Old 27th June 2010, 23:39   #4
BHPian

Welcome home, Prabh. Why don't you create an Ownership Report thread for your Figo ?

Looking forward to seeing you in 'Shifting Gears' (That's where I usually hang out, lol :P)
Old 28th June 2010, 16:30   #5
BHPian

Hi Prabh

Welcome. I knew it is difficult to get in here, but was lucky enough to get cleared the first time itself. Enjoy your car as well as your stay here.

Murthy
Old 6th July 2010, 19:39   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
Welcome home, Prabh. Why don't you create an Ownership Report thread for your Figo ?

Looking forward to seeing you in 'Shifting Gears' (That's where I usually hang out, lol :P)
After reading about all those ownership threads by experienced drivers, maybe I'll take your advice and make one too from the perspective of a new/first time driver/owner.

Thanks for all the love people. Cheers.
Old 13th July 2010, 12:05   #7
BHPian

Yea took me two tries to get in. But now that I am here, I am here to stay :-). welcome Prabh
Old 14th July 2010, 16:08   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabh1602 View Post
My first attempt to become a part Team-BHP was right after I read an amazing ownership review. I was neck deep in my first ever car buying decision, and I had a fixed budget of 5.1 Lakh ex-showroom, as my company allowance allowed only so much. Confusion would be an understatement. And the registration denial, did hurt a little.
Welcome to Team BHP prabh1602. Yes, it takes time, but its worth the wait to become a member. Tell all please about your Figo, if that is indeed your car of choice, esp. the alleged low GC.
Old 14th July 2010, 21:42   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaostheory View Post
Welcome to Team BHP prabh1602. Yes, it takes time, but its worth the wait to become a member. Tell all please about your Figo, if that is indeed your car of choice, esp. the alleged low GC.
Absolutely. Will try and put something together this weekend. The GC is interestingly enough a very mixed subject and I've had all kind of experiences with the car over the past month. Will try and address it properly soon.
Old 14th July 2010, 22:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hi Prabh,
Hi welcome on board to this Forum. It is a great write up of your attempt of Purchase of your car with the introduction. Do contribute on the use of your car.
Closed Thread