Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 2nd July 2010, 21:34   #1
BHPian

Default Hey all! :)

well, i didn't write an intro when i joined Tbhp.. but always wanted to write one.
i am 16 years old, passed 10th with a considerably satisfying result. From a punjabi background. Born in Delhi, Brought up here [till now].
Fascinated by cars since childhood.
I know quite a bit of driving which i did in my '99 OHC very car, probably that's the reason i love it so much.

We got this car in 2006 i suppose, at that time we had a Chevy Optra which we decided to sell off coz of high maintenance costs.! It was dad's client's car, and i must say, it was very well maintained. Exterior was a bit faded but the interior was OMG! so clean and stock. It had done around 1,06,xxx at that time but the engine was Smooth.. Super smooth rather!
It was non accidental, non scratched and all clean with service records and pollution checks [though they were nearly nil].

Wasn't quite happy with it 'coz of the downgrading from a 12 Lac car to a 2 Lac car wasn't a great decision [i wasn't mature at that time]..
This thought of mine proved me wrong.

I got to lay my hands on this ride 2 years back. Seeing all my friends driving so good made me feel that even i should drive a bit now [or atleast learn to use a clutch!].

I asked a friend to teach me driving, he was like ok. No traffic till the next 5 kms and the car was mine. In my first run, i touched 60 in 2nd gear.. did a bit of turns and stuff. The power in the engine was like . After 10 mins, my friend was like, "Dude, don't ever take me to a drive EVER in your life".

but then, i learn't driving, from that very friend whose still afraid of sitting with me [though i drive rarely now].

We've been enjoying this ride for years now, oh i forgot to mention, its a 1.5 Exi - S, gives out 103 bhp stock! [AFAIK]
Since the Paint was quite faded, we got the bonnet painted in the beginning only.
When you sit inside it, it feels like heaven. When you start it and give some gas, it feels like you have all the powers of the world. the feeling it overall gives is WoW!

So when i knew that yeah i can atleast change gears now and handle the car, i asked dad to let me drive it now to the markets and nearby places where you have to spend 30 Rs. on a rickshaw and if you take a car, it doesn't even cost you 15 Rs. and he was like, wait till your boards get over. I was like fine i can wait. Then it all got delayed to "Don't even think of LEARNING to drive before you are 17". I was seriously pissed off by his decision in the beginning but now i think he was right,
"underage driving is NOT cool at all."
'coz mostly the accidents happen due to either Drunken Driving or Underage Driving and then people abuse the parents of the kids who gave them a car to drive. I didn't want that to happen atleast. Don't wanna become a 'rich dad's spoilt brat' atleast.

So decided to wait till i am 17 and then Learn driving by some Driving School and then start driving by 18. Tbhp also plays a roll in this decision.
Thanks to our fellow members who guide you to the right way.

btw,

I drove a friend's OHC, 2003 one few days back, i felt it was underpowered and its clutch was quite hard, as in the car only moved when you pressed the accelerator, which is not the case in my car. Need to know things from fellow OHC owners about it.

I am not at all attached to the other cars our family has. I never felt that they were ever MINE. xD

I also have interest in photography and music. I know all the basics of DJing and i create mixtapes once in a month.

All this write-up was supposed to be a review for my OHC but then decided to do an Intro rather than Posting a review. ['coz this consisted things more about me and less about the car :P]

Currently, The car has a JVC vcd player, stock speakers and stock everything else. We're planning to restore it, as in paint it and stuff like that.

Currently, i am in class 11th, took commerce, could've also taken science but had no interest.

Posted some pics of my OHC in my garage, please check it and i hope you like it.

Last edited by mobike008 : 30th January 2011 at 11:31. Reason: Only 2 smileys per post. Do read the board rules before proceeding. Thanks!
Old 2nd July 2010, 22:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey djbasscreator

Welcome to Team BHP !

Advice: pleas do not drive without a Licence,by doing it you are posing danger to yourself and other divers/passengers on the ROAD ,you have two more years to keep your hands on the wheel. Just Kidding !!!!
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:02   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Hey djbasscreator

Welcome to Team BHP !

Advice: pleas do not drive without a Licence,by doing it you are posing danger to yourself and other divers/passengers on the ROAD ,you have two more years to keep your hands on the wheel. Just Kidding !!!!
LoL, thanks for the advice. i drive RARELY now, i just go to the parking lot 10 mins before we go out somewhere, just to keep the car ready to go. :P
Closed Thread