Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 20th September 2010, 00:36   #1
BHPian

Default A Passionate Auto Mobile Enthusiast!!

Hi Fellows,

I am Rachit Kamal Dogra. I work as a System Analyst with American Express India Pvt Ltd. I am basically from Himachal (Palampur Distt Kangra). I have done my graduation from DAV College Chandigarh and my MBA from Symbiosis Center for Information Technology Pune.

Well my mother jokes that I was born with a steering wheel and I still very distinctly remember driving my tooth brushes around the wash basin first before actually brushing my teeth. My love for cars have been since childhood. It really became a passion when Car magazines started coming to India. I had a subscription for Auto India for 2 years and I even remember its first Edition. Literally used to remember each and every fact that got published in that magazine. Learnt driving cars in my dreams and by playing NFS (Need for Speed). I was a NFS junkie. Never actually needed anyone to tech me driving just learnt it by driving them in dreams.

First car I drove was Dad's 1979 model Ambassador. Then M800 and now finally I have my Dad's 6 years old Indica. It has been with me for the last 1 year. Still looks new. Me and my Dad have a thing for cleaning our own cars ourselves. He now has a Ford Fiesta. I an dreaming to buy a Vento Highline hopefully next year. (Needs to work on the Finances )

I am a Die Hard FERRARI fan. My heart beats for the Red Beauties and SBKs so much that My wife has just given up hope of me coming out of this insanity.

Some 5 or 6 years ago became a Biker also. I am just in love with Inline 4 SBKs. I also have a Hero Honda Karizma 2006 model. It is quite decently modofied. Some modifications:

K&N Aur Filter, Up Jetting, Free Flow Exhaust, Smaller Rear Chain Sprocket for Taller Gearing, Better Spark Plug, Engine Porting and an altered CDI with no Rev Limiter . It is my baby and after 4 years of riding it I still cant get enough of it.

I also happen to be BASS freak. Although I have a very humble ICE in my Indica but after reading a lot of threads in the ICE section of Team BHP I got to know about GYRO in delhi and went their for the system.

Hoping to order T-BHP stickers for my car in a couple of days.

Thank You for Reading and I really look forward to having a wonderful and learningful stay on this Forum with you fine people.

Regards
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2010, 08:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP Rachit, a lovely intro there ! Your initial experiences with vehicles is similar to mine, with the Amby and the 800, especially.

Hope you enjoy your stay here
Closed Thread