Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 29th September 2010, 06:11   #1

Default G'day to all the BHPian members!!! pics included!

Hey there fellow guys and gals.
This is Dr Boom from Sydney Australia, I have much to contribute to your forums, I have been into car audio and electronics since the mid 80's and have done many custom sound system in cars. I have also moved into home theater installations including making custom active subwoofers for cars and home theatre as well. I have included some pictures of my current install (which I like to change every few years)

My audio gear comprises of Pioneer DEH 9600MP
Front speakers, Boston Acoustics RC61 splits, rear are Boston CX93 3 way 6x9 speakers,
Amplifiers are Precision Power Power Class PC450 X 2
Subwoofers are 2 X JBL GTO1202D in a sealed box, 1.3 cu ft per side.
Sound deadening is Dynamat on doors and boot area. I have entered SPL competitions and managed to get a reading of 136.9db in the STREET B class. The amplifiers have unregulated power supplies so they are churning out more power when the car is running, around 70rms x 4 for speakers and about 250rms x 2 for the JBL subwoofers. My system is designed for sound quality but I have tested its potential at the spl event. The 4 gauge power cable has a 120amp circuit breaker from 18 inches of the car battery. I have also upgraded the ground wire to 4 guage from the battery. All work shown is my own including the subwoofer box.

Looking forward to getting active in the forum thread! - Later - Dr Boom!.
Attached Thumbnails
G'day to all the BHPian members!!! pics included!-picture-058.jpg  

G'day to all the BHPian members!!! pics included!-picture-021.jpg  

G'day to all the BHPian members!!! pics included!-picture-060.jpg  

Old 29th September 2010, 07:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Welcome to the T-BHP family Dr Boom. That's some ear deafening peice of stuff you have in your ride. BTW whats your ride?

You will surely find many admirers in the "In car Entertainment" Section esp sound show off section and will have lot many questions to be answered. All the Best.
Old 30th September 2010, 13:49   #3
BHPian

Wow!
Welcome to teamBHP ,drboom
I am assuming that you are an ICE genius
I agree with Ghodlar that Dr boom will be the expert in ICE cection
Regards
SHK
Old 30th September 2010, 17:02   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

BTW whats your ride?

The A/C fixtures point it to be of Mitsubishi family. My guess.
Old 1st October 2010, 05:15   #5

Hey guys and gals.

The car is a Ford Laser 2002 model. I am still working on the final installation and will post pictures up in a month or two, hopefully. Glad you like the sound system, it was based on a "stealth" mode since the car is a daily driver. I do take it to shows and when the music is turned up the guys and gals start to gather, and take pictures. I still requre more sound deadening since the bass can rattle the rear view mirror completely off, and it has happened before. I generally only listen to music around 10 - 13 bars, anything more is just really loud and I cannot hear the emergency vehicles such as police, fire brigade or ambulance right behind me...opps!!!
Closed Thread