Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 8th October 2010, 13:14   #1

Default On Team BHP and Loving it!!!!

Hello Everybody!!!

This is Rudradeep and I stumbled across this treasure trove of information while researching to buy a new set of wheels. I am a Consultant in the Commercial Finance Sector and am based out of Bangalore currently. I have a MBA in Marketing and Operations and an undergraduate degree in Computer Science.

Other than cars, my hobbies are photography, philately and going on long drives. I have driven extensively on a Nissan Altima as well as a Pontiac G6 while in the US and in India I am still awaiting the delivery of my new Honda City 1.5 V AT.

So glad to finally be a part of this great community and let me end this introduction here by wishing everybody 'Happy Revving'
Old 8th October 2010, 18:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Rudradeep, welcome to T-BHP.

It's great to hear that you're very much interested in photography. Yes,I'm looking forward to see your pictures in the Photography threads in the 'Shifting Gears' section.

And, I would recommend you to go through Announcements section before posting.

Amith
Old 8th October 2010, 19:32   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to tbhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudradeep
I am still awaiting the delivery of my new Honda City 1.5 V AT.
Nice choice there. I recently TD-ed both MT & AT versions of the City and loved the way it drives. Loved the MT more though, inspite of the paddle-shfts and all in the AT. If only they could spruce up the interiors to make it becoming of a 11lakh car.
Old 8th October 2010, 23:04   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Welcome to tbhp.

Nice choice there. I recently TD-ed both MT & AT versions of the City and loved the way it drives. Loved the MT more though, inspite of the paddle-shfts and all in the AT. If only they could spruce up the interiors to make it becoming of a 11lakh car.
I am planning to use this car for my daily commute to office and in the bumper to bumper traffic of bangalore, the AT would be a god-sent. But yes, I do agree that in highways the MT would be would be awesome to let rip. So thought that the AT with paddle-shifts would be a good compromise.

And regarding the interiors, I too felt the same and said it. According to the sales person they too have given the same suggestions to Honda in various dealer meets, but to no avail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Rudradeep, welcome to T-BHP.

It's great to hear that you're very much interested in photography. Yes,I'm looking forward to see your pictures in the Photography threads in the 'Shifting Gears' section.

And, I would recommend you to go through Announcements section before posting.

Amith
Thanks for the welcome Amith. Will be glad to post some of my snaps in the relevant threads.

Last edited by v12 : 9th October 2010 at 17:56.
Old 9th October 2010, 09:34   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudradeep View Post
I am planning to use this car for my daily commute to office and in the bumper to bumper traffic of bangalore, the AT would be a god-sent. But yes, I do agree that in highways the MT would be would be awesome to let rip. So thought that the AT with paddle-shifts would be a good compromise.

And regarding the interiors, I too felt the same and said it. According to the sales person they too have given the same suggestions to Honda in various dealer meets, but to no avail.
Hi rudradeep,
Welcome to club BHP and glad to know about the ANHC AT that you are "waiting" for.
As for the "interiors" of ANHC, how about the Limited edition or rather more accurately "Leather Edition" that was recently advertised by Honda.
Of course it will set you back by several tens of thousands of bucks, but you will get leather seats and other such cosmetic upgrades.
By the way is there a waiting time for ANHC AT, or is it because of the color.
Waiting for your updates on the buying experience and initial use report.

HC
Old 9th October 2010, 19:51   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Hi rudradeep,
Welcome to club BHP and glad to know about the ANHC AT that you are "waiting" for.
As for the "interiors" of ANHC, how about the Limited edition or rather more accurately "Leather Edition" that was recently advertised by Honda.
Of course it will set you back by several tens of thousands of bucks, but you will get leather seats and other such cosmetic upgrades.
By the way is there a waiting time for ANHC AT, or is it because of the color.
Waiting for your updates on the buying experience and initial use report.

HC
Thanks for the welcome HC. As you have rightly pointed out, it is only the Leather which is of interest in the Limited Edition. I did not like both the Chrome Sash Molding as well as the Chrome Trunk Garnish. So I am sticking to the normal V AT as I plan to upgrade to leather later once the beige gets a bit old and used.

Also, as per the dealer, there was no production of the V AT in September and he has promised to get me the first Red V AT and has given me a tentative date of end-October. (I had booked on 17th Sep, 2010)

I will certainly type down my experience on the buying experience post delivery. So waiting with anticipation for 'THE DAY' to come finally...
Old 9th October 2010, 21:16   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudradeep View Post
So I am sticking to the normal V AT as I plan to upgrade to leather later once the beige gets a bit old and used.

Also, as per the dealer, there was no production of the V AT in September and he has promised to get me the first Red V AT and has given me a tentative date of end-October. (I had booked on 17th Sep, 2010)

I will certainly type down my experience on the buying experience post delivery. So waiting with anticipation for 'THE DAY' to come finally...
Hi Rudradeep,
My ANHC is also red and you can see my post at "Welcome Home Lady in Red" under the TD and Initial use experience thread. Your comments are welcome.
In the meantime you may go through the PRI and PDI check list and the experiences of several T-BHPians that are extremely useful during the buying experience.
I too plan to change to leather seats when the stock seats get dirty which may be very soon considering that I have 2 kids at the rear seat

HC
Old 10th October 2010, 12:25   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Hi Rudradeep,
My ANHC is also red and you can see my post at "Welcome Home Lady in Red" under the TD and Initial use experience thread. Your comments are welcome.
In the meantime you may go through the PRI and PDI check list and the experiences of several T-BHPians that are extremely useful during the buying experience.
I too plan to change to leather seats when the stock seats get dirty which may be very soon considering that I have 2 kids at the rear seat

HC
Absolutely. It was only such lists like the PRI & PDI that attracted me to this forum of car lovers
Closed Thread

« Hello | Hello »