Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 18th October 2010, 21:52   #1

Default Love Cars. But Don't Know Much

Hi Team-BHP, I've been a long time lurker, and have found this forum very useful.
I finally became a member recently and great to be a part of this fantastic forum. I don't know much about cars, but I love them, have always loved reading cars and then driving them and finally owning them.

I am 38, a doctor, just moved back to Bangalore after 13 years away.

The first car I ever drove was a Maruti 800. It was red and even though it had a lawnmower of an engine, it was the best car I've ever driven.

(Which just goes to show, I suppose, that the relationship between a man and his car can never be captured by technical details. Of course, this happens between man and woman too - Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles is equally inexplicable. )

Over the years, I've owned a Mazda 626, a Mitsubishi Galant, and a Passat station wagon, but before I could buy my dream car, a BMW, I decided to move back to India, and now I don't think I can ever afford it again. :(

I crucurrently own a Skoda Octavia and a Honda Civic. I grew up in Bangalore, and it's great to be back but it's not easy to drive here any more!

Looking forward to many enjoyable hours on Team BHP!
Old 18th October 2010, 22:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

welcome to tbhp doctor - you would enjoy it here!

P.S: we both are ex Mazda 626 owners!!
Old 19th October 2010, 03:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome on board doc.

The forums are a treasure trove of knowledge. I am sure the 'Don't know much' clause would disappear soon.

I see, you belong to both camps! An Octavia and a Civic would provide great perspective on advantages of the Germans and the Japs.

We have a thread where all the doctors on the forum offer consultations. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ultations.html

Happy reading!
Old 19th October 2010, 22:16   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard, Doc! I can tell it's going to be fun reading your posts. Tell you a secret about driving pleasure in a metro : Leave Early!. Of late, I've switched my work schedule around a bit (after advice from Moderator Navin) and start the drive to work at about 0755 hours. Believe you me, I get to work in 1/3rd the time with 3X a grin on my face. In fact, from the time I wake up, I'm already looking forward to the drive. Nothing like some healthy early-morning revvs to charge you up for a long day .

Quote:
Of course, this happens between man and woman too
Hahaha, Priceless!!
Old 19th October 2010, 23:25   #5
BHPian

Quote:
I crucurrently own a Skoda Octavia and a Honda Civic. I grew up in Bangalore, and it's great to be back but it's not easy to drive here any more!
2 sedans from the same segment? So which do you prefer to drive? Ignore my question if your Octy is a vRS

Quote:
Tell you a secret about driving pleasure in a metro : Leave Early!. Of late, I've switched my work schedule around a bit (after advice from Moderator Navin) and start the drive to work at about 0755 hours. Believe you me, I get to work in 1/3rd the time with 3X a grin on my face. In fact, from the time I wake up, I'm already looking forward to the drive. Nothing like some healthy early-morning revvs to charge you up for a long day .
Talk about that My dad leaves from home at about 6:45 and returns back at about 10. The reason for such odd hours is that he prefers working in office rather than driving at snails pace from Andheri to Thane via Powai and then use the nearly empty EEH early morning and night.

Last edited by prateekm : 19th October 2010 at 23:32.
Closed Thread