Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 2nd November 2010, 12:49   #1
BHPian

Default Hello from a budding enthusiast!

Hello people,

I've been following this forum without registering, for about a year or so. Even after registering a few months ago, I've been a silent member, soaking in all the information more knowledgeable members here impart. An intro is long overdue!

I'm 28, I talk about cars to the extent that it drives my partner crazy. I currently drive a 2001 Maruti 800 Standard. There's a lot I want to do with the car, but so far, plans have remained plans. All I've done so far is give it a decent ICE 2+2 speakers, upsized 145-80/r12 bridgestones, besides treating her well consistently.

I recently got over my habit of trying and correcting bad drivers on the road. I would roll down my window and tell people not to block free left turns, not to cut across lanes, use the indicator, pull over to the left to talk on the phone etc etc. "telling" slowly transformed to "yelling". That's when I realized that there are way too many of 'em and I was just ruining my day.

I'm here to mostly understand my M800, put in more effort in its maintainance and upkeep, and keep an eye on new car launches. And yeah, I want to own a Jeep one day.

Cheers!
Ram
Old 2nd November 2010, 13:18   #2
BANNED

Welcome to Team Bhp Ram. You will surely learn a hell lot of Auto stuff here!
Old 2nd November 2010, 13:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reswaran View Post
Hello people,
I've been following this forum without registering, for about a year or so. Even after registering a few months ago

I recently got over my habit of trying and correcting bad drivers on the road.

I want to own a Jeep one day.
Welcome, Ram.
Why the change of mind after a year.

Nice to know you have gotten over the habit of correcting drivers, a futile exercise.

You are so much better of without one, you will have time for nothing else after that.
Regards,
Old 2nd November 2010, 15:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

welcome on team-bhp ram !!
Quote:
An intro is long overdue!
don't worry my intro was 2 years late.
Quote:
"telling" slowly transformed to "yelling". That's when I realized that there are way too many of 'em and I was just ruining my day.
cleaver move.
Quote:
And yeah, I want to own a Jeep one day.
welcome to wannabee jeepers club.
& please go trough rules here Announcements - Team-BHP & Team-BHP - Announcements in Forum : Announcements & Team-BHP - Team-BHP FAQ before posting on forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
You are so much better of without one, you will have time for nothing else after that.
fazal sir please don't scare him.
Old 2nd November 2010, 17:20   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Why the change of mind after a year.
Laziness comes to an end sooner or later.

Quote:
I'm not bold enough to buy a used jeep. Am hoping for a new launch in the next few years.
Closed Thread