Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 3rd December 2010, 12:00   #1
BHPian

Default Joining you all...

Hi Team-BHPians,

I am Samit (a.k.a Sam), from Mumbai and probably the newest to join the community (Just got my approval email from the mods).

I've seen 30 summers (although inside i'll be 19 till i die) and earn my living professionally as a medico involved in medical communications.

My affair with bikes/cars has been more of a case of 'fall in love as you got to know them' types, since i am not from a typical car/bike owning family background. But personally, although not technically updated, i have an acquired love for the machines, try to understand them better and all this keeps getting better...

I learnt to drive a car at 18 (M-800 at training school) and riding a bike at 19 (on a friend's Yezdi 350).

I currently own a Tata Indigo GLX (5 yrs) and also drive a Hyundai Santro Xing (Younger bro's car). On two wheels, i ride a HH Passion (2 yrs) and the Mahindra Flyte (1 yr old).

I plan to own an RE (Std bullet/TB) sometime soon (Hangover form the Yezdi.. perhaps).

Hope to be involved a lot on the forums and be a part of this wonderful, exciting community.

Cheers!
Sam.
Old 5th December 2010, 21:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

welcome on teambhp Sam.

as far as bullet is concerned i would suggest buy second one.

reason old is gold & if you plan to sell it afterwords by any reason it will lighter on your pocket.

rgds,
Nikhil
Old 6th December 2010, 12:23   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
welcome on teambhp Sam.

as far as bullet is concerned i would suggest buy second one.

reason old is gold & if you plan to sell it afterwords by any reason it will lighter on your pocket.

rgds,
Nikhil
Hey Nikhil,

Thanks a lot!

Your suggestion makes a lot of sense! Also i enquired at the nearest showroom, they will give delivery for a TBTS in around 3 months.. So going for a well maintained used bike IS an option now. Thanks dude!

Cheers!
S
Old 6th December 2010, 12:39   #4
BHPian

Default Welcome!!!

Hey Buddy, Welcome to the family. I assure you that T-Bhp would keep you busy

As far as owning a RE is concerned, me a being owning one, i would bank on CI engines any day than the AL engines. Royal Enfield=Cast Iron. These days models are all about speed and looks, competitive industry out there, got to do it to hold a market share.

IMO, Bullets are all about passing it on to the next generation. Its not a bike, but a moveable property which is passed on and on and on...

But again, it all depends on the likes and looks i guess. But as someone mentioned above, second hand would be the best option as the RE matures as the year passes by and when it comes to RE the first question thrown at you would be "which model".

Own a RE (CI Engines) if you can take out time for it, develop a love for it, and have little cash in the pocket.

Rest assured, she will treat you like a King.

Take it easy and be safe!!!
Old 6th December 2010, 13:22   #5
BHPian

@Parashakthi,

Thanks for the suggestions. It seems all die-hard Bullet enthusiasts prefer the CI models. No arguments on that, but have a concern.. Since i am not a 'traditional' bullet rider/owner (U correctly mentioned about the ritual of passing it on) i would not be well aware of the maintainance aspects. Last thing i want would be stranded on a highway not knowing what to do??

Nevertheless, as i said in my earlier post, would definitely consider a well maintained beast and take time out to learn more..

Thanks buddy, will update you on the purchase (Early next year perhaps!).
Old 6th December 2010, 17:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

there is nothing to worry about old CI bullets as far as maintenance is concerned.
Old 7th December 2010, 10:08   #7
BHPian

@Nikhil,
Which model should i look for? Just did a quick search and there are models from 1975 onwards between 50-115k. Any specific model i need to try my hand on first before taking the plunge??
Closed Thread