Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 16th December 2010, 20:28   #1
BHPian

Smile Hello

Hi friends,

I am Ajith from Cochin, working in the financial services, stock broking to be precise (not in the advisory side but in operations and back office).

Started riding during the school days, started with brother’s Yezdi, while in school, and when he upgraded to RE350 started riding the same. Four wheelers – started with good old Amby, have driven Premier Padminis, Mahindra Jeeps and a couple of Marutis too extensively.

I spent a good part of my working life abroad; Dubai, Mauritius and Singapore. Spent about six months in London too, fallen in love with those European beauties – I mean the cars, hence my user name AjiGTI.

I have owned the following cars during my stay abroad; Toyota Corolla (Dubai), Toyota Vitz (Mauritus) and Honda Jazz - 1.5 Vtec (Dubai). Came to know about Team-BHP during the Singapore days, been visiting the site regularly for the past two years as a guest. Some of the cars I admired during my stay abroad are Nissan Patrol (Dubai), Mini Cooper (Mauritius – plenty of them in various costumes in the island) and the iconic VW Golf GTI and Civic Type R (London). Not that I do not like those Porsches, SLKs, Bentlys or Z3s but I could have bought one of those Patrols or Golf if I really needed one, hence the choice.

Currently own an Opel Corsa 1.4 – (A sturdy good car for the highway driving, bought it for the family when they moved back here from abroad 5 years back).

Finally, I am back in India; those long hours at Team-BHP site has spoiled me and started looking for a good driver’s car which I will use for the next 5-6 years. Zeroed on VW Vento TDI, did not like the waiting period (hangover of those foreign stays) hence postponed the purchase till next year. Hopefully the new Fiesta or the new gen Civic (need to stretch the budget) will be out by then.

One more purchase planned within the next 2 years (provided my finances work as planned by then) – an HD, current favourite 883 SUPERLOW. Waiting for the Cochin dealership to open to get myself acquainted with the machine and the ride. Hopefully my finances also will work as planned by then.

Sorry for the long post and appreciate your patience.
Old 16th December 2010, 23:54   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Hello

Welcome to Team-BHP mate, good that you have come to a point of creating a account rather than being as a guest.

Vento was a good choice however you have dropped it now, you can also have a look at the etios but that too comes with a long waiting period.

Civic and new fiesta are good choice, there was also another new member who works for Ford, as per him new fiesta is on trial runs hope it should be out by early 2011.

happy motoring and safe driving
Old 21st December 2010, 10:34   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Hello

Thank you mate. I have gone through the excellent review of Etios sedan by GTO, still not like the car much. I have used Toyota vehicles in the past, though they are highly reliable there is nothing exciting about their cars. For the same reason I have skipped the Altis.
Closed Thread