Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 19th January 2011, 16:54   #1

Thumbs up Hi from Bangalore !

Hi folks!

I have been a silent listener to this wonderful collection of people from last couple of years. But this is my 3rd post to the forum.

I was working with Maruti Udyog Ltd earlier, but now in IT, 35 years of age, have made bangalore my home from last 11 years (wow, its one third of my life).

I have extensively driven all the maruti cars as I used to work in Maruti Udyog Limited before. In fact designed exhaust pipe and some engine brackets for Esteem deisel and Zen diesel earlier.

Over the years I have owned Bajaj 150's (technically my dad's), LML Vespa, Yamaha 135, Honda Accord 1993 model, Palio, Maruti 800. Off all these I have driven palio most extensively, almost 95k km's and driven almost whole of south india with it. \

I am planning to buy a people mover now, may be xylo, may be scorpio/innova... not too sure. But this should be a vehicle which can take me to interiors of garhwal and should be comfortable enough for my family to accompany me.

Happy to be here with you all..... cheers!

Blue
Old 19th January 2011, 19:03   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Hi from Bangalore !

Hi BlueJay: Welcome to T-Bhp and its always good to have people like you (Auto Engrs) on the forum. Please do go through the forum rules and enjoy your stay here.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 19th January 2011, 20:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post

I have extensively driven all the maruti cars as I used to work in Maruti Udyog Limited before. In fact designed exhaust pipe and some engine brackets for Esteem deisel and Zen diesel earlier.
Hi BlueJay,

Having designed engine mounting brackets for a diesel vehicle, you may be knowing a thing or two about Vibration isolation and transmissibility. Do share your experiences on the same.

Welcome aboard

Spike
Old 20th January 2011, 05:29   #4
BHPian

Hey Blue, welcome aboard.

Enjoy your stay. Do post us a ownership report of your Palio and few travelogues.

Happy and safe driving
Old 20th January 2011, 15:48   #5

Thanks Rajesh, Spike and Camchennai for the warm welcome, appreciate it!

Spike, you're right the vibration isolation, transmissibility et al do indeed need to be taken care of especially for diesel engine. There are hard rubber component inside the bracket to dampen vibration etc. Seems like you are either an offshoring enthusiast building your own jeep or an auto engineers yourself.

Rajesh, have gone through the rules several times already, this is probably my 3rd id in team-bhp but didnt use any of them earlier due to some reason or another. Thanks

Camchennai, will do. I myself want to right about my palio ownership story, which has been full of excitement.

Cheers
Blue
Old 20th January 2011, 17:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spike, you're right the vibration isolation, transmissibility et al do indeed need to be taken care of especially for diesel engine. There are hard rubber component inside the bracket to dampen vibration etc. Seems like you are either an offshoring enthusiast building your own jeep or an auto engineers yourself.
Hmm, good guess mate. You will figure out more of me on the 4x4 section of the forum.

Spike
Old 20th January 2011, 18:38   #7

Good to know about you spike... the jeep in your profile pic is simply awsome. I did visit Thar, and am already a fan. If it were 2 lacs less, it would have been parked in my garage.
Old 20th January 2011, 19:36   #8
BHPian

@BlueJay: Spike belongs to Jeeping building fraternity buddy, he works for one of the auto majors . Please dont start Thar bashing here as well, it has been on other threads.

Cheers,
Rajesh

Last edited by 2500cc : 20th January 2011 at 19:39.
Old 20th January 2011, 20:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Oh no, not again. Give me a break please.

Spike
Old 20th January 2011, 23:02   #10

Just wondering, approximately how many times do you guys open team-bhp in a usual day?
Old 21st January 2011, 10:09   #11
BHPian

welcome BlueJay. your earlier work was interesting. you should share your knowledge in "under the hood" section.

btw, why did you shift to IT?
Old 21st January 2011, 13:27   #12
BHPian

do we close it first of all ?

Quote:
Just wondering, approximately how many times do you guys open team-bhp in a usual day?
Old 21st January 2011, 13:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very less number of times actually. Only three - morning once on waking up and close when leaving for office. Then once again on reaching office and close while leaving office and third on reaching home and close when going to sleep

Welcome BlueJay to team-bhp way of life!! Nice handle
Old 22nd January 2011, 13:08   #14

mallumowgli... great reply! :-D

Unicorn, I moved to IT in 1999 because of the DoTNet bug which was causing rampage in those days. We started a company but then the bubble bust happened. Carrying on in IT since then... do not hate it though.

In fact manufacturing in those days didnt have much taste... we were just the production house with no R&D facility. We just used to design whatever it took to fit an engine of one vehicle into another... e.g. brackets, cooling/exhause circuits, etc etc... In my college days (IIT Kanpur) I worked on designing an aircraft (with twin bullet engines) along with a proff. of mine, hence was hooked to auto since those days. But after college, experience in car manufacturing companies was only a mere manufacturing and production control experience, no design activities in those days.
Old 24th January 2011, 16:41   #15
BHPian

Hey BlueJay.. thats a really interesting career right there. Will have plenty of questions dipping into your expertise in Auto Engineering! Hope you can make the time to answer them. And in answer to how many times a day, Im pretty much on it all day (at least at work)
Closed Thread