Closed Thread

Old 2nd February 2011, 17:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Jai Hind from a Fauji

Jai Hind, welcome abroad mate.
Old 3rd February 2011, 12:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

You got to ride the Jawa when you were in VII std ? You are a very lucky man indeed.
That is not an easy bike to handle for a 13 year old. Welcome aboard. Care to share your LPG conversion details with us ? Sounds interesting.
Old 3rd February 2011, 13:07   #18
BHPian

heartiest welcome to you.

both of us are from the similar community. I am on the design side and you are on the end-user side.

good to see you here.

your hands on experience with aircrafts and such an enormous driving experience will be worth to listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatman View Post
I am an Aeronautical Engineer with expertise in military aviation engineering, specifically in the field of propulsion and aerodynamics.
which aircraft you have primarily worked on?
Old 3rd February 2011, 20:05   #19
BHPian

@Unicorn Sir, You in ADA or HAL?? OT though just interested since I am too from the same stream not in any Govt. organisations though! Just an aerospace engineer working with Pratt and Whitney and waiting for my call from ISRO.
Old 4th February 2011, 09:55   #20
BHPian

@AlphaKilo: i work for airbus.

i was working for RollsRoyce earlier. so you see, we were competitors
Old 4th February 2011, 15:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Jay Hind, Officer!
It's such a pleasure to read this thread!

Hope to meet you sometime.
Old 4th February 2011, 21:08   #22
BHPian

Default Jai Hind from a Fauji

Jai Hind sir,
Welcome aboard Sir. Good to see someone from same family( IAF ). I am an Aircrew flying Digital Delta now. Got lots of people presently posted in Hyd (AFA, Hakim) from my Sqn.

Have a pleasant stay
Happy Landings!!!!

Cheers
Old 11th February 2011, 11:14   #23

Wink Re: Jai Hind from a Fauji

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Welcome to TBHP and as BBlost said

Thank You with a Salute !

Wow, to start with Zen driven by your father, fitted with Aircraft Components and runs on LPG, what a combination? Are they flying around in a Zen?

Envy you and your dad!
Thankyou so much Sir for the salutations! Actually, it was the Maruti 800 in which I had fitted some salvaged aircraft components for mixture control (LPG/air) in the early nineties, that is the time when the well designed Italian LPG Kits were yet to be seen around. "Necessity being the mother of inventions" I had coupled a few salvaged aircraft flow regulator valves (electrically operated) for LPG flow control along with an innovatively designed and (locally fabricated in my fauji workshop) hole opening/closing gadget for air flow control. This air/LPG mixture control mechanism worked wonders, basically for making the mixture lean or rich i.e.so as to avoid adverse impact of LPG on the spark plugs (longevity) and ofcourse to set the ideal mixture at idling RPMs or long cruise. Believe me, I used to achieve +500 Kms per cylinder ...and with a cylinder costing approx Rs.100/cylinder, shall i say 20 Paise/km.
Old 11th February 2011, 14:38   #24
NFS
BHPian

Quote:
Believe me, I used to achieve +500 Kms per cylinder ...and with a cylinder costing approx Rs.100/cylinder, shall i say 20 Paise/km.
Wow, even today you have scope for this. 1000Rs/Cylinder (commercial rates) and 500Kms would be only 2 Rs per km.

vis-a-vis

63Rs/km for petrol to get 12Kmpl or 20Kmpl at the max - which works out to be 5Rs/km or 3rs/km. Need some motivation? Can we build a Team-BHP LPG/CNG kit? We can sell it like hot cakes.

All the best and good knowing you! Fauji saahab! Should meet up sometime when you get a chance to come to Chennai/Kerala.

Last edited by NFS : 11th February 2011 at 14:39.
Old 11th February 2011, 15:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

Deep Saab,

Welcome onboard TBHP and a big salute from me.

As another Hydera-baddie already stated previously, we do have regular meets and would love to see you in one of those and get regaled by your stories.

Till then

Jai Hind!!!
Old 11th February 2011, 15:26   #26
BHPian

Jai Hind Sir jee! Welcome aboard!!
Looks like the whole flying cadre with varing specialities have gathered in this thread
Old 11th February 2011, 18:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to t-Bhp Sir. </salute>

Please share as much stories/experiences automotive/non-automotive as your time allows. I love to hear from service men.
Old 11th February 2011, 18:58   #28
BHPian

Jai Hind !!

welcome aboard Mr. Fauji

we are looking forward to hear about one of the world's best Forces !! Please share your experiences and enlighten us about "The Flying Machine"
Old 11th February 2011, 19:36   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Teeennnn HUT! there's an officer on deck!

a very warm welcome to our community of petrol-heads! would love to hear your experiences in the force.

Old 11th February 2011, 21:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Team-BHPians,

I am Deep from the Indian Air Force. Iíve been serving the Armed Forces since last 22 years and am proud to be in Uniform.

A few months ago, while looking for some knowledgeable input/advice on buying a 4-Wheeler, I was totally captivated by this amazing site, so much so that since then itís become a daily ritual to pay compliments to this excellent community which updates us on so many fascinating automobile issues.

I am an Aeronautical Engineer with expertise in military aviation engineering, specifically in the field of propulsion and aerodynamics.

My interest in automobiles was kindled in the early eighties while I was in the school (Class VIII) that is when my father encouraged me to ride his 1969 model Jawa bike, as a means of conveyance from my remotely located village to school in the nearby town. (Except for a Horse driven Tonga, there was no other means of conveyance to school).
While the Jawa bike became the envy of my school-mates, yet it was my younger sibling (sis) who got to get the pillion ride everyday (one of the main reasons, which is why I got to ride this bike to the school).

In 1998, I graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and throughout my engineering college days, I had to live with a simple bicycle. Notwithstanding, as soon as I joined the Indian Air Force as a commissioned officer in the year 1988, I bought a Yezdi -Road King through my salary earnings and I continued my love for bikes until 1993 when my passion for riding bikes suddenly ended because of serious spinal injury I suffered in an aircraft accident.

This is when I was left with no choice but to switch over to a four wheeler and thus got my first car, a Maruti 800. After driving about a lakh Kms in the Maruti (which I had later modified into LPG fuel using aircraft components), I changed over to a hatch back ...Maruti Zen in the year 1997. After driving another 60K kms in Zen, I graduated to a Sedan and pampered myself with a Hyundai Accent GVS in the year 2003. Having driven Accent for more than 110k kms, I decided to pamper myself even more and recently got a new Silver Mica Corolla Altis AT in December 2010, which is why I am here as a newbie in this splendid Team-BHP family.

I am presently based at Hyderabad and am a keen enthusiast of renewable energy resources, specifically Wind Energy. I have taken up several DIY projects for young wind energy enthusiasts helping them make a small wind turbine for themselves (Green Wind Energy- Index).

My garage still holds the 22 year old road king, the 13 year old snow white Zen is now being driven by my father, and the 7 year old Accent is being presently driven by my Fauji Wife (she is a retired Wing Commander herself and drives Accent to her MNC office everyday) and of course the latest addition being Altis AT and Iím yet to stretch her legs on the runway, just waiting for a no-Jet traffic day.

Cheers!
Hi Deep, I am Iqbal from Mumbai, after reading your introduction and love for automobiles I felt good.

My brother in law is a retied Wing Commander, He is Wing co B.S.MAHAL.
He was with Otters transport aircraft at Sarsawa in Saharanpur in late 60s.

He joined IAF after passing out from NDA.

After otters aircraft he was posted at hydrabad for training in Bell helicopters, after training he was posted at Tezpur in Assam in Darrang dist in ALLUETTE helicopters.

During that period he was in Jessore in Bangladesh during 1972 India Pakistan War,carrying casualties and bringing them to Calcutta.

After this Tezpur posting he was at Jam nagar with MI 10 PISTON engine helicopters,

Later these were phased out and MI 8 jet engine helicopters were introduced during the last flight before they were phased out he was there.

He was again posted to Wellington in south India for some years.

During this period he was whole and sole person responcible for SURFACE TO AIR MISSILES practice. After this he got retired, I may ask him about his experiences and may post more about his works in IAF

Nowadays he is based in Mumbai and a active member in a compony looking after their HRD dept and he is also teaching in a college in Belapur. He still makes sure to visit the armed forces canteen at Juhu or Malad.

My sister who used to be a teacher in Kendriya Vidhalya whereever they went was a senior officer with TUPPERWARE and now retired and relaxing. REGARDS.. JAI HIND
Closed Thread