Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 12th February 2011, 13:34   #1
BHPian

Default Hi people

Hi Guys
Excited to be part of this community.
I am a designer by profession, from Bangalore. I currently own a 1983 Yamaha RD350. This is actually my second bike. The first one, an RD too, was sold a few years back, as running two of these was too much of a task for me back then. Naturally i regret the decision now.

I am interested in classics, especially in cars. I am hoping my next car will be a Merc W123 or a W126. Have already started keeping an eye out for one. There is something about the lines of these classics that the cars today just cannot match.
Had booked a swift diesel sometime back. Then took a friends swift diesel car to mudumalai over a weekend. I came back and cancelled the booking. After that i decided, i rather have something that has a strong character, even if it means maintenance is a task. If you dont have to work on your machine to keep it in shape, then i dont see the fun in it. Blame it on the 2 RDs for this attitude, but i love tinkering and i guess in that respect none of the new machines cut the mustard.

Anyways, a lot of my searches on the internet have ended up here. Hence i joined up and i am really looking forward to interacting with people in this forum. Am sure there is a lot of passion here and a lot to learn.

cheers
Old 7th March 2011, 23:30   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Hi people

Thats a nice handle! Also when you said designer, which sector is that?
Are you onto auto mobiles?
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2011, 10:21   #3
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Hi people

Stormsearcher had the same query as ampere - What do you design? We would really like to know that.

Welcome to TBHP, you will find a gold mine of information on the Classics that you are interested in out here.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2011, 01:55   #4
BHPian

Smile For AMPERE and ACM

Hi guys,
Sorry for the much delayed response. Have been running a busy schedule and hence could not visit the site. Just saw your responses to my introductory mail.

To answer your question-- I am a spatial designer. So my core expertise is the design of Retail stores, lounge bars, Exhibitions and the like. However, over the past 10 yrs i have touched upon pretty much everything like Product design, museum design and graphic design.

Hoping to be a regular on the forum now.

cheers!
Closed Thread