Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 12th February 2011, 15:04   #1

Default Hello Petrolheads

I am Harinarayanan (Hari), currently in the UK.

It is a great pleasure in being a part of India's famous automotive community.

Here's a brief intro about me.

Just like any other gearhead, since my childhood I have been fascinated by cars and motorcycles and I had the drive to become an automotive engineer. I pursued a Bachelorís degree in Mechanical Engineering [2004-2008] from SASTRA University, India. As everyone knows, Mechanical Engineering lays a strong foundation for any specialization course. I, then went on to do a Masterís degree in Automotive Product Engineering [2009-2010] from Cranfield University, UK, reputed throughout the world for its research, faculty etc.

With the automotive desire firmly instilled in my mind, I keep myself up to date with knowledge of the latest cutting edge technologies and new car and motorcycle launches.

My other interests include gaming and physical fitness. Should not be a wonder, I am into simulation games and few of my favourites include NFS, GTR-2, GTR-Evolution, Colin McRae Rally, TOCA and BMW M3 Challenge.

My involvement into motorsports is immense and I had the chance to take part in the Formula Student Event conducted by IMechE at Silverstone in 2010. I was one of the cost judges in the event and was flattered to see stupendous designs exuding engineering talent in every inch. I am a fervent fan of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes and I am following the team for 6 years. Lewis Hamilton is my favorite and his aggressive overtaking abilities mixed with the oversteering corner maneuvers are, I feel, simply peerless.

That's all I have to say to start off. I can't wait to take part in the active discussions in the forum.

My signature - " Revving beyond the redline"
Old 12th February 2011, 15:34   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Hello Petrolheads

Hi, first of all welcome to this forum! Im quite new here as well!

BTW you said you got your Masters Degree from the UK, I am in search of a college where I could get my Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, my father lives in UK and he himself has done some research.
Do you have any suggestions for which colleges I should try to apply? I am currently giving my class 11 final exams here in India. I plan to specialize in aeronautics or automotive after that, haven't decided yet!
Thanks !
Old 12th February 2011, 16:48   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Hello Petrolheads

Welcome Harinarayanan, another THBP UK member, the UK chapter of BHPians seems to be growing by the day. Look forward to your contributions and input.
Closed Thread