Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 14th February 2011, 14:49   #1

Default Hi People

Hi People,
This is Capt. Rohit Batra , a true Punjabi by Nature & habits settled in the Millennium city of Gurgaon.
Let me at this outset take the privilege to thank the Mods for approving my membership into this elite forum.
Had heard a lot about the fantastic reviews available on the site from friends & it was by chance stumbled upon the review written on the Vento by GTO,
that really got me hooked on to the site since it was about the same time had booked booked my Mean Machine the VW Vento Highline TDI. ( Sept 21/2010).
Reason for joining in so late was to be more familiar with the posts so as to be actively participative in this forum.
Professionaly, am a Sailor ( Master Mariner) & was sailing on Merchant Ships till 2006, that is when I quit Sea Life & took up a shore based Job with one of the worlds oldest
Chilean Shipping Company with its office at Gurgaon as an Operations Manager .
Presently have 2 cars at home - Honda City GXI & Hyundai Santro XO, Sold of My Swift VXI recently, haven't ever owned a Diesel Vehicle & am Eagerly awaiting my Sweet Ride.
The Longest Road trip for me was from Mumbai - Delhi in just barely 26 hrs way back in 2004. Have done quiet a many trips from Delhi to Shimla - Love the drive (Wifey from the Hills)
I love travelling to new destinations and exploring New Places. Hope to make new friends and share my 2 cents about automobiles and gain knowledge from fellow community members.
Old 14th February 2011, 16:39   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Hi People

Welcome Captain, good to see a sailor among mostly four wheeler addicts. Your presence will give bhpians a chance to have a glimpse into the life of a man in sea.

Though you left the hidh tide four years back i am sure that you have many wonderful experience to share from your sailing days in Merchant ships.

Last edited by San Phrangmung : 14th February 2011 at 16:41.
Old 28th February 2011, 11:35   #3

Default Re: Hi People

Welcome Aboard Captain ( i am sure you have heard this before )

Now with approved memberships,TBhp will allow all of us previously 'read-only' members to contribute more positively to the forum.
would love to hear your VW Vento TDI experience.
Closed Thread