Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 6th January 2006, 14:41   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Errrr v1p3r - dont romanticise about the past. How about driving leaky Ambassadors, going goo-gaa over Chevrolet Impalas with tailfins a few miles long, dreaming of buying a Fiat 1100 and generally living in an age where the Herald Convertible was 'hot' and so was every other vehicle because we didnt have a/c....not to mention the cool guys driving around in Rajdoot 175s with the Earls Fork. Or when looking hip meant driving the Bobby Bike that could barely cross 60kmph. Or worst of all having to drive a Suvega!
Steer... If you notice he wasn't talking about India, he was dreaming about living the 60s and 70s in USA. Funny he doesn't mention being in the midst of civil rights protest rallies or getting drafted for Vietnam War...
Old 6th January 2006, 14:58   #17
BHPian

First of all welcome to the forum Mr.Jat, nice to have you here..

Your hobbies are similar to most of ours.
Thats what most us here like to do...eat, sleep...and of course burn rubber.

Last edited by Sid Schumacher : 6th January 2006 at 15:00.
Old 6th January 2006, 15:55   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Hey, shouldn't it be 8 track or Meltrack or something?!.
8 track were too bulky. tape was a lot more compact (anyone remember the term "compact cassette").
Old 6th January 2006, 16:34   #19
BHPian

welcome to the forum Mr Jat, Jat reminds me of dharmendra, r u one of the haryanvi's ? your intro was a nice one and our generation can only dream of the things you got to experience then.

enjoy your stay here and also tell us about your rides.

shubbhi
Old 6th January 2006, 17:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Welcome on board and looking at your posts I really would say that the experience shows, really believe at times the old school of thought was way more simpler in both understanding and implementation look forward to you sharing your experience with us.
Old 6th January 2006, 17:27   #21
BHPian

Welcome to the forum Mr.Jat, great to have you here with us.
Old 6th January 2006, 18:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey jats,
welcome abaord and enjoy your stay here.
Quite liked your intro.
Old 6th January 2006, 22:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

hey jats

its great to have you here with us.im sure youll enjoy your stay.
after a long time we finally got a good intro.

Rev
Old 6th January 2006, 22:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Mr Jat
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here.
A very nice and different intro...

But I got to say its a very funny thread to read... I cant stop laughing. .
Old 6th January 2006, 23:05   #25
jat
BHPian

Many many thanks to all you people there for welcoming me.

PS : can u space out ur paras a bit more so that its a lot easier for us to read .. thanks a ton ..

Sorry - lack of experience on net posting (may need help at times)

Firstly, welcome to TBHP. Please do go thru the rules in the Intro Section and try not to wink at the ladies here. One is married and the other is the Super Admin's girl. Not much of choice I'm afraid, but thats life.

Apne mohalle (Team-BHP) mein ham achaa bachha hain;-). People should get naughty in other mohallas.

Let me guess - you live in Bihar?

Hats off to you. You almost got it right - I was born in Bihar - Jamshedpur to be precise. But stayed there for a very short time.

Do you work for in the Railway Ministry (diesel specialization) for Laloo Prasad ? Normal people lose their jobs for stuff like that.

I wish i could. Then I could afford to buy Veyron. More important - I could have got free railway passes and reservation in any train at any time (including summer vacation time)!!!
Old 6th January 2006, 23:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Ummm, actually it's best to live in Canada. No draft, no war, no problem.

What the hell is a Suvega?
Old 7th January 2006, 04:39   #27
BHPian

Hey Jat Welcome to the forum.. Looking forward for your "nice" posts.
Old 7th January 2006, 09:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat
Hats off to you. You almost got it right - I was born in Bihar - Jamshedpur to be precise. But stayed there for a very short time.
Eggjecktly! Once a Bihari, always a Bihari.
EDIT: no racial/regional undertones here - Bihar has produced some brilliant brains and visionaries like the late JP. Laloo is just a bad aloo.

Jokes apart, whats a diesel man doing in Faridabad? Sonalika / Swaraj ? Or the new Maruti diesel plant? Pardon the repeated question marks - I'm just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Steer... If you notice he wasn't talking about India, he was dreaming about living the 60s and 70s in USA....
v1p3r's dream is very complicated - involves a change of Time and Place. I hope he's Indian in his dreams...

PS: v1p3r, Suvega was one of the first mopeds made in India (if not THE first, since I've seen them around before Lunas). Made in Coimbatore, if I'm not mistaken, by a firm called Balaji Automobiles or some such name. Looked like a cycle with a motor slung underneath (big wheels) but was everyone's favourite - you still find examples running around in Bangalore (Marathahalli). I'm sure there are a lot of other brands you dont know of like Dart, BSA Falcon (later known as Bond), and the Enfield Crusader. You boys make us feel pretty ancient.

Last edited by Steeroid : 7th January 2006 at 09:16.
Old 7th January 2006, 11:57   #29
BHPian

Welcome sir. My father owned a Lambretta, and its amusing to hear the Lambretta regarded so highly. My only memories of it are that it was huge, maxed out at around 40km/hr, and comfortable enough to have me, my father, mother,and sister all travel on the same scooter

The Bajaj 150 we bought later was on the whole smaller, and side-engined; a pain to ride altogether. I learnt riding on it, and hated it all through. The Vespa we bought to replace it is still with us today, after 13 years.

Enough digressing, welcome to TeamBHP, and have a great time here.
Old 7th January 2006, 15:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Jat - Welkome to the forum

and since everyone has tried to give you an actors name ( specially regarding the fairer sex attracting variety) - i would say you are pretty close to Emraan Hashmi not Snajeev Kumar or Dharmendra !

But maybe you might be like Shotgun Sinha too who knows!

Looking forward to your posts !
Closed Thread