Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread

Old 3rd April 2011, 20:11   #1
BHPian

Talking Finally! The Journey Begins!

Pinch Pinch! Yeah, I have logged on.
Pinch Pinch again! Yeah, India have won the World cup
5 Months/ 9 attempts is all it took me to be finally here. I got a double delight yesterday – India winning the World Cup and my Team-BHP membership approved the same day. Scripted. Anyone ? It made my day so much more special. I was so used to seeing “Team-BHP membership Rejected” mail that I actually over read the approved mail. Super excited to become a proud BHPian.
First things first, Thanks to the Moderators for allowing me to be a member of such a wonderful community

I am Sanjay M S. Born in Davangere , Shimoga is my Hometown and brought up in Bangalore. 24 Years of age. A Software Engineer by profession. I work for Alcatel Lucent, Bangalore. I have worked for Infosys (Chennai and Mysore) previously.

Cars and Bikes I have driven –
A Honda Activa
A Bajaj Pulsar 180 V3
A Maruthi 800, 2003 model, Still going strong.
A Maruthi Swift Vxi, 2007 model
Hyundai I20 Diesel Asta, Barely 4 months old - My first car. All thanks to TeamBHP for helping me zero down to this . The previous 2 cars were more family cars than my car. In the sense that, I wasn’t allowed to tinker with it since dad also used those cars. Dad got me the I20 four months ago and gave me full freedom to tinker with it. Thanks dad. It is also my first partly sponsored car, So have that extra attachment to it.

Coming from a land where cricket is a religion, I am a cricket fan by birth. Follow Football, Primarily EPL (ManUtd fans, you have an addition to your gang here) and the champions league apart from the El Clasico teams. And yeah, no prizes for guessing, I follow F1 and that’s where my handle comes from. Kimified – A kimi fan totally in love with his driving skills. Sad that he is not around F1 anymore. Follow a bit of Tennis too, A Nadal fan, I don’t watch all matches. Only watch matches which Nadal/Federer/Roddick/Monfils play (Oh, I forgot Sharapova and Ivanovic – Not for the Tennis anyway ). Gadgets/Technology is something else which interests me. I write blogs for fun and am a big Aamir Khan follower.

Driving gives me high. Always! Love to travel and Love Speed. 6 years/ around 50k kms is what I would have done thus far. I was one of those fast/rash drivers (young blood has they say), have toned down a lot over the past 2 years. But it keeps coming back sometimes and that’s why I check ‘How do you spot bad drivers’ thread here atleast once a day. With IronHawk in Bangalore, I have to be extra concious. lol(And thank god I haven’t been clicked there atleast over the last 6 months I have been following Team BHP). TeamBHP keeps me conscious about the way I drive these days. Thank you.

I will contribute whatever little I know to the forum. Look forward to writing some interesting Travelogues of places around Bangalore. A warm Hello/ Namaskara to everyone here. Thanks again to all the Moderators for accepting my Membership. Cheers.

PS: My Sister and My Manager keep asking me why I have that TB tab open on my browser always. It’s become a kind of addiction. It’s the first bookmark I have on the browser and I open it every time I open the browser (Yeah, I can make it the default page instead) And finally, sorry for wasting 5 - 10 minutes of your time with such a long post. Look forward to a wonderful Journey!

Note from Support: Please go through the rules. Not more than 2 smilies per post are allowed. Thanks.

Last edited by Eddy : 5th April 2011 at 16:43. Reason: Note Inline
Old 5th April 2011, 13:23   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Finally! The Journey Begins!

Hey Sanjay,

Welcome to TBHP. That was a nice crisp read. Do post a ownership review of your car. Drive safe and have fun!

Cheers
Pratim
Old 5th April 2011, 14:08   #3

Hello Sanjay,

Welcome to Team BHP!
Waiting for your travelogues of places aroung Bangalore.
Happy and safe driving.
Old 5th April 2011, 15:57   #4
BHPian

Thank you pratim and to833vb
Old 5th April 2011, 16:23   #5
BHPian

Namskaara Sanjay.
Nice intro post!
Welcome to the Red devil gang here Do post in the Football thread.
Old 5th April 2011, 16:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sanjay,
Welcome to T-BHP.

BTW your first post exceeds the smiley numbers
Old 5th April 2011, 19:18   #7
BHPian

@figo_United. Namaskaara sir. Football thread. Sure will do. Nice Handle you got there. Makes it easier to guess which football team you follow

@Mr.Boss. Thank you. Yeah. I noticed that i had 3 instead of 2 smileys. My bad. Noticed only after i posted. Your handle has a lot of Attitude
Old 5th April 2011, 19:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
@Mr.Boss. Thank you. Yeah. I noticed that i had 3 instead of 2 smileys. My bad. Noticed only after i posted. Your handle has a lot of Attitude
Thanks dude. Have a pleasant stay here.
Old 5th April 2011, 20:41   #9
BHPian

5 months and 9 attempts? Wow. I was lucky ...

Kindly post reviews of your car and also travel stories with plenty of pictures.

Rgds
Old 5th April 2011, 21:56   #10
BHPian

@Nanduchitnis. Yeah. 5 months is a long time. Either i was writing more than 120 words (Why TeamBHP question) or very short 5 liners i guess. I don't even remember what i had written 5 months back. Its so long back

But like they say, All is well that ends well. The longer the wait, the sweeter it becomes when you eventually get through

Sure. Will put up the travelogues in sometime.
Old 6th April 2011, 15:52   #11
BHPian

hey, welcome to the family!

9 attempts? you got Ghazni instincts

Regards,
Old 6th April 2011, 22:57   #12
BHPian

Hey Ajay. Thank you
Closed Thread