Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 19th May 2015, 19:11   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Figo TDCi Titanium Nine months and 70,000 Kms of falling in Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Was the EGR cleaned? If not, get it cleaned at the service centre. I have diesel figo (2010) and It costed me 850/-. There is motor driven valve which gets stuck due to exhaust soot. Cleaning the set-up helps the valve to function normally.

Post cleaning, the pick-up, smoothness have gone up and also the engine check light (touch wood) which used to light up intermittently.
Hi, Can you please help with the Full form of EGR?
joelchandra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 19:24   #77
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford Figo TDCi Titanium Nine months and 70,000 Kms of falling in Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
Hi, Can you please help with the Full form of EGR?
EGR is the acronym for Exhaust Gas Recirculation.
rajeev k is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2015, 02:25   #78
BHPian

My figo is Aug 2012 and I got my 70000 service done about a week back and below were the major issues that were taken care of
1. Continuous Hissing sound from the AC - AC Coil changed under warranty
2. OEM HU rocker was jumping tracks - The HU was sent to Chennai and was rectified. The total time taken for this job was about 10 days. I drove the car without the ICE
3. Front Brake Pad changed - This was changed for the first time. I would have been a little surprised if the brake pads would not be changed this time. I mean, I changed them at 50000 even in my maruti's and was expecting to change them by 35000kms in ford. Anyways, good for me
4. Another major issue resolved was of the Ford Remote Control for door locking. My remote went kaput about 8 months back. I mentioned that in my last service but could not get it rectified as I was running out of time and could not leave my vehicle with the FASS. This time, I was prepared to be without the car for a week and I gave the FASS all the time the need to fix all my issues. The remote control was replaced with a new one. I was asked to share with them the spare key. It was a 30 minute job which they performed using a laptop in my car.
5. The rest was all the regulars for 70000Service.

The total cost was about 11000 which also included Rs.4000 for a claim that I made through insurance. So, the ideal service cost including the brake pad change and wheel alignment was effectively 7000/-. Not a bad deal at all. I am in love with this car again. I somewhere feel that a service every 7500Kms is more apt for my ford. Everytime my car gets serviced, I see a sea change in its performance from the engine which is due to the oil change. I have another 3 months of warranty left and would take up the fourth year extended warranty too. So I will stick to the manufacturer's specs for another 15/16 months
joelchandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2015, 19:08   #79
BHPian

@joelchandra - I too have the same problem with AC - "Continuous Hissing sound from the AC - AC Coil changed under warranty". Mine is just 58K now, but have observed this for an year. It is not continuous in my case, though. During my 50K service, I mentioned this to SA and he told that it could be due to pressure issues. They claimed to have done "pressure test" for AC but didn't find anything wrong. Never suggested the AC coil change !

As mine was outside warranty period (2010 Apr) and the problem was not so bad, I left it at that. Even now, I get the occasional hiss from the left a/c vent.
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2015, 19:26   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
@joelchandra - I too have the same problem with AC - "Continuous Hissing sound from the AC - AC Coil changed under warranty". Mine is just 58K now, but have observed this for an year. It is not continuous in my case, though. During my 50K service, I mentioned this to SA and he told that it could be due to pressure issues. They claimed to have done "pressure test" for AC but didn't find anything wrong. Never suggested the AC coil change !

As mine was outside warranty period (2010 Apr) and the problem was not so bad, I left it at that. Even now, I get the occasional hiss from the left a/c vent.
This is common with most Figos. I had it for about an year before I got the AC coil replaced under warranty. I am not sure how much it would cost out of warranty but remember it not being much. Do check with A.S.C once and get it replaced if it doesn't cost much.

P.S. - Hope you don't mind me replying on your thread dhanushmenon.
satan's_valet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2015, 20:12   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
This is common with most Figos. I had it for about an year before I got the AC coil replaced under warranty. I am not sure how much it would cost out of warranty but remember it not being much. Do check with A.S.C once and get it replaced if it doesn't cost much.

P.S. - Hope you don't mind me replying on your thread dhanushmenon.

It costs a whopping 13 K, including gas and labor. My 98-month Fiesta is having those symptoms now.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2015, 20:18   #82
BHPian

That is quiet a lot. I for my coil changed in the sx4 at 60000kms and had paid about 7000 which includes the labour and spare part cost plus the gas
joelchandra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote