Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 16th July 2011, 21:36   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT :Third Service Completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Anti-Pinch safety similar to the one in the Vento? I haven't tried and checked if it is there. No mention on the catalogue or owner's manual though. Mostly not there.
Thanks Karthik. Yes, the feature is available in the Vento (from what I read from VW India website), but nothing was mentioned in the Fiat India website, and hence the question. Do let me know if you are able to check it out later
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 13:21   #62
Senior - BHPian

Default re: My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT :Third Service Completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks Karthik. Yes, the feature is available in the Vento (from what I read from VW India website), but nothing was mentioned in the Fiat India website, and hence the question. Do let me know if you are able to check it out later
It is not there in the tjet. Confirmed by trying to get pinched

I was just googling more on it and it seems like the Fiat Bravo tjet has this feature in other countries. Possible that they may introduce it in the next linea upgrade
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 13:45   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is not there in the tjet. Confirmed by trying to get pinched

I was just googling more on it and it seems like the Fiat Bravo tjet has this feature in other countries. Possible that they may introduce it in the next linea upgrade
Thanks Karthik for physically verifying it. Hope you did not get hurt

Yes, I think it will get through in the next update. Fiat normally does not skimp on safety features.
Old 19th July 2011, 09:42   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks Karthik for physically verifying it. Hope you did not get hurt

Yes, I think it will get through in the next update. Fiat normally does not skimp on safety features.
No problem at all. I didn't get hurt, tried with a rubber piece
Old 19th July 2011, 17:49   #65
BHPian

Do u think the anti pinch safety is really required?
Bcoz in Linea you have one touch window down for all four windows but you do not have one touch window up for all but driver side. Normally accidents happens if there is a one touch up for all windows.

I gues in Vento you have all four one touch up as well as down and thus anti pinch safety is needed.
Speed Pujari is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 18:04   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Bcoz in Linea you have one touch window down for all four windows but you do not have one touch window up for all but driver side. Normally accidents happens if there is a one touch up for all windows.

I gues in Vento you have all four one touch up as well as down and thus anti pinch safety is needed.
To run a car, just engine, chassis, gearbox and 4 wheels do the job. So nothing else is required at all. Everything else is creature comforts and means to get more money from the customer. But yes, Anti-Pinch is one good feature. I have first hand experience to advocate it.

In my pal's Vista, I was sitting as a front passenger. The front left window pane was half open. In the parking lot, I was peeping out with head out of the window to assist since it was his new car and fresh driving experience. After he judged he had parked it well, while looking at the controls etc, he instinctively pulled both windows up, and partially be-headed me

So yes, Anti-Pinch is worth having, if not a must.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 20:12   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
So yes, Anti-Pinch is worth having, if not a must.
I feel it’s a really good feature to have. Maybe in Linea’s case it may be a bit better if there is no one-touch window control at the driver-side.

There was a thread from a fellow-bhpian (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...r-windows.html) on an almost fatal experience with power windows. After reading that, I keep asking this question about the cars which are there in my radar – mainly because of my 3 year old car-crazy daughter
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 20:24   #68
Senior - BHPian

Agreed its a good feature to have - anti pinch windows. But I don't think it is something which should influence the decision of buying/rejecting the car itself. You always have that window lock on the driver side controls to use when kids are in the car.
Old 20th July 2011, 12:43   #69
BHPian

hey Tjetters!
A new discovery about the Blue and me.
During a call on the car phone if you turn off the car automatically after you've parked and have taken the keys off, the call still continues on the speakers!

I had expected the call to be off the car speakers and thought that i will have to continue it on the mobile...but no! the call is still live on the car.

Thoughtful stuff and I bet nobody at Tata-Fiat knows about this.
Loving this car! and happy to discover new things as i spend more time with it.

Dell Streak running on Android 2.2.2

OR
mebbe its nothing new and everybody knew about this already... a first for me!
jazzrockz is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 16:32   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post

This is what it is !.. LOL!..

Tata Fiat guys don't know how to connect the phone to B&M, so you rule out anything hi-fi they may know.

BTW you can control the brightness level of the headlights as well !..
Speed Pujari is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 18:42   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I think you meant cabin and instrument panel lights. Correct?
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 20:22   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed its a good feature to have - anti pinch windows. But I don't think it is something which should influence the decision of buying/rejecting the car itself. You always have that window lock on the driver side controls to use when kids are in the car.
Thanks Karthik. As I said earlier, if its not one-touch roll-up for all 4 windows, its not so bad (as Speed Pujari mentioned in his response), and definitely not a deal-breaker. But if its otherwise, I will surely think twice
Old 20th July 2011, 21:22   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post
hey Tjetters!
A new discovery about the Blue and me.
During a call on the car phone if you turn off the car automatically after you've parked and have taken the keys off, the call still continues on the speakers!

I had expected the call to be off the car speakers and thought that i will have to continue it on the mobile...but no! the call is still live on the car.

Thoughtful of them. Good discovery. I had earlier noticed that the bluetooth connection doesnt get disconnected if the engine is switched off by stalling or manual key switch off. Didn't know that it continues even when the keys are removed!!

Quote:
Headlight Brightness!!! How on earth do you do that? I saw the headlamp leveller and the follow-me-home headlamp features. Where was brightness control? Definitely not through MyCar 2 option keys on dashboard.

Last edited by KarthikK : 20th July 2011 at 21:39.
Old 20th July 2011, 22:07   #74
BHPian

Quote:
This is what it is !.. LOL!..

Tata Fiat guys don't know how to connect the phone to B&M, so you rule out anything hi-fi they may know.

You can adjust the Istrumentation cluster light. Not anything more than that
Soccerfan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 22:57   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
You can adjust the Istrumentation cluster light. Not anything more than that
I think I mistook the same with headlight brightness. My bad :-( ..
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote