Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2011, 17:22   #361
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,115
Thanked: 3,489 Times
Default re: Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 163,500 kms and 9 years with the family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
The motorcraft label signifies ford's own parts division. This is the name used globally.

As far as the motorcraft battery goes, it is being manufactured by amaron under contract from ford India and is hence labelled as motorcraft.

And the best part is that if you buy an amaron battery from the market, it costs double than the motorcraft battery, even though the performance and reliability is same.
how does that work for ford?
motorcraft is also the name for some maruti service provider, aint it?

just muddying the waters....
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 19:37   #362
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk

how does that work for ford?
motorcraft is also the name for some maruti service provider, aint it?

just muddying the waters....
Ford's own parts division all over the world is known as motorcraft and all parts are also labelled FoMoCo.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 19:50   #363
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,445
Thanked: 4,054 Times
Default re: Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 163,500 kms and 9 years with the family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
And the best part is that if you buy an amaron battery from the market, it costs double than the motorcraft battery, even though the performance and reliability is same.
The motorcraft battery from Ford has a warranty of only 1 year(or 2?), where as Amaron gives a 60 months (5 year) warranty. Also, the durability IS NOT the same. Just like OE batteries, they conk off after 2-3 years. 4 -5 max if the user is lucky.

I'm not sure about performance, as I haven't really loaded up the battery, apart from say 20 cranks in a day.

IMO, the price difference of Amaron and Motorcraft is well justified.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 20:33   #364
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs
The motorcraft battery from Ford has a warranty of only 1 year(or 2?), where as Amaron gives a 60 months (5 year) warranty. Also, the durability IS NOT the same. Just like OE batteries, they conk off after 2-3 years. 4 -5 max if the user is lucky.

I'm not sure about performance, as I haven't really loaded up the battery, apart from say 20 cranks in a day.

IMO, the price difference of Amaron and Motorcraft is well justified.
Your opinions seem to differ from the people on this thread. My ikon battery lasted for 8 years and started showing tantrums the day the ikon was being sold by me. Lol.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 20:53   #365
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,445
Thanked: 4,054 Times
Default re: Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 163,500 kms and 9 years with the family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Your opinions seem to differ from the people on this thread. My ikon battery lasted for 8 years and started showing tantrums the day the ikon was being sold by me. Lol.
Wow Mustang!!.. You seem to be really lucky.

Well, I have not gone through the entire thread. Also, I have a very friendly relationship (built recently) with some of the SA's from my dealership. A few months before when my battery went kaput, I had talked to them regarding the matter. Most of the cars OE batteries are shot within 2-3 years. (80% of Ford cars sold from that dealership are diesel, would that be a factor? ). Also, looking at the warranty/price/capacity, they didnt really advice me to get the Motorcraft one, which cost only 2,800 for me (Ikon). Where as, the Amaron I bought cost me ~5k including the old battery exchange.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 21:55   #366
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs
Wow Mustang!!.. You seem to be really lucky.

Well, I have not gone through the entire thread. Also, I have a very friendly relationship (built recently) with some of the SA's from my dealership. A few months before when my battery went kaput, I had talked to them regarding the matter. Most of the cars OE batteries are shot within 2-3 years. (80% of Ford cars sold from that dealership are diesel, would that be a factor? ). Also, looking at the warranty/price/capacity, they didnt really advice me to get the Motorcraft one, which cost only 2,800 for me (Ikon). Where as, the Amaron I bought cost me ~5k including the old battery exchange.

Cant really say anything about diesel cars. Mine was a 1.6 petrol, I have a fusion tdci which is 1 year and 8 months old and so far the battery is immaculate
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 23:34   #367
BHPian
 
yogi1771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 631
Thanked: 14 Times
Default re: Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 163,500 kms and 9 years with the family!

Yeah can vouch for the Ford batteries they lasted in my Fiesta 1.6 for 5.5yrs,there is a but though had to change the car battery(under warranty) as they conked off within 10 days after delivery.
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 22:47   #368
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,264
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default re: Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 163,500 kms and 9 years with the family!

Hi Suman

I was curious to know if they replaced your throttle body. I do know they cleaned it in Dec 2008. I am not sure if they cleaned it later also.

OT---what happened to your review of the Bimmer?
vnabhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 16:12   #369
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default Time flies!

Folks, considering that the last update was almost three and a half years ago, I must confess I don't know where to start

Well, let’s start with the current situation……the odo shows a mind boggling 163,500 kms (yes, you’re reading right!) and she returned 8.98 kmpl when I filled the tank a couple of weeks ago! She’ll complete 9 years in the family less than two weeks from now, isn’t that incredible? The Duratec snarl still brings a smile to our faces when the pedal is floored and she still surprises a lot of the younger cars around but she’s beginning to show her age so we’re mostly gentle with her. Usage is drastically curtailed though – my son has recently started his driving lessons on it, my daughter uses it occasionally during her home visits (she’s away doing her Post grad now) and I sometimes take it out when I’m going to a crowded nearby place and don’t want to worry about where I will park and scratches and the like or when I simply feel like ripping a petrol "drivers car" . She hasn’t been sold yet since I know that I’ll get a mere pittance of a price but the time’s approaching when we’ll have to let her go – parking space is at a premium, we have three cars and two parking spaces and the third rented one is costing us 3.5k a month. That’s 42k per annum for a car that’s hardly used. So, we’ll really miss her and the fun times that we've experienced with her but we’ll have to, regretfully, let her go……….Insurance renewal is just around the corner and I’d have liked to avoid that cost as well but I don’t think that’s going to happen so I’ll renew and get hold of a buyer by February, hopefully.

So fellow forum members from Delhi, if you or anyone you know, are looking for a Fiesta 1.6 SXI and will look after her well, do drop me a PM quickly! In the meantime, I will summarize all that’s been happening with service and maintenance in the next post……
suman is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 16:38   #370
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,264
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default Re: Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 163,500 kms and 9 years with the family!

Aah, there you are after such a long hiatus! When I saw an update by you, I knew it had to do something with letting her go. It looks like you're using her just as I'm using my 13-year old WagonR.

I know it will be a painful separation, but you do have valid reasons. Only thing that will pinch is the resale value. My neighbour traded his Dolphin-shaped Honda City that had 88 K on the odo with a new one for Rs 2.5 lakhs. Shows how badly petrol cars fare on this count.
vnabhi is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 16:52   #371
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default Re: Time flies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Folks, considering that the last update was almost three and a half years ago, I must confess I don't know where to start

Well, let’s start with the current situation……the odo shows a mind boggling 163,500 kms (yes, you’re reading right!) and she returned 8.98 kmpl when I filled the tank a couple of weeks ago! She’ll complete 9 years in the family less than two weeks from now, isn’t that incredible? The Duratec snarl still brings a smile to our faces when the pedal is floored and she still surprises a lot of the younger cars around but she’s beginning to show her age so we’re mostly gentle with her. Usage is drastically curtailed though – my son has recently started his driving lessons on it, my daughter uses it occasionally during her home visits (she’s away doing her Post grad now) and I sometimes take it out when I’m going to a crowded nearby place and don’t want to worry about where I will park and scratches and the like or when I simply feel like ripping a petrol "drivers car" . She hasn’t been sold yet since I know that I’ll get a mere pittance of a price but the time’s approaching when we’ll have to let her go – parking space is at a premium, we have three cars and two parking spaces and the third rented one is costing us 3.5k a month. That’s 42k per annum for a car that’s hardly used. So, we’ll really miss her and the fun times that we've experienced with her but we’ll have to, regretfully, let her go……….Insurance renewal is just around the corner and I’d have liked to avoid that cost as well but I don’t think that’s going to happen so I’ll renew and get hold of a buyer by February, hopefully.

So fellow forum members from Delhi, if you or anyone you know, are looking for a Fiesta 1.6 SXI and will look after her well, do drop me a PM quickly! In the meantime, I will summarize all that’s been happening with service and maintenance in the next post……
What price are you looking at Suman? I know someone who may be interested.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEED Inputs to FINALISE: Fiesta Petrol 1.6 SXi or Diesel 1.4 TDCi SXi. Specific query sachinchavan Sedans 17 26th September 2012 00:00
swiftDz ZDi Vs verna SX Abs Vs fiesta sxi tdci abs Vs logan dlsx Vs indigo XL G-dicor dayaraamm Sedans 1 27th August 2008 14:22
Xmas escapade to Mumbai on a Fiesta 1.6 sxi ABS vnabhi Travelogues 30 14th February 2008 17:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:24.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks