Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 29th April 2006, 18:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
brakes are really weak especially in comparison to other Fiestas. There have been 3 occasions wherein the car was screeching away on slightly hard braking (not an emergency type just a bit harder then normal) and even on normal occasions one notices that the brakes are weak.
To me it looks like the stock tyres are to blame and not the brakes.

Drifter
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2006, 07:19   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
- The left hand side internally adjustable door mirror knob cover keeps coming out
i too noticed that in my car...but then you cant simply push it inside to rectify that...when i examined the cover, i noticed a groove on the inside which you have to insert along the projection on the knob and turn it clockwise or anti-clockwise(i dont remember which direction)...otherwise it wont fit...its simple and you can do that yourself very easily if you take a close look at the inside of the knob cover...i hope i have been helpful to you to solve this problem...GO FIDA, i'm also in love with this car...look for my review in the thread 'TEST DRIVEN FIESTA' by one of the moderaters(who was it??? what a memory i have!!!)
arif_t01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2006, 11:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
The car has just gone for its 2nd service today, 3 months and 4 days/ 5228 km after we bought it. In this period i have noticed other niggling problems that i will type down later.
Since the last service, the FE has dropped a bit to 13kmpl, the car touched an Autorickshaw and i think someone attempted breaking into it (well there are lots of scratches around the door side of the Front left and right doors. Apart from that, the car continues to delight me and infact, one of my relatives has bought another diesel fiesta too (along with my other relative who has 2 of them). My cousin brother, sister were very impressed with the car when they drove it (and i will not be surprised if they ending up buying it too in the near future). They loved the performance and space and interiors, ride and handling, specially in comparison to the Accent Viva and NHC. Apart from this, the car has been serving its duty well as a daily commute except for the small niggles which i doubt any other owner would notice.
The most major niggle and a very serious one is that the brakes are really weak especially in comparison to other Fiestas. There have been 3 occasions wherein the car was screeching away on slightly hard braking (not an emergency type just a bit harder then normal) and even on normal occasions one notices that the brakes are weak.
The niggling faults however are that -
- There is a squeking noise coming from the rear suspension. Other fiesta owners on board have complained about it too.
- The Driver side doorpad rattles occasionaly (very minute though)
- The left hand side front door cannot be locked from before (but i presume this happened after the above mentioned incident)
- The left hand side internally adjustable door mirror knob cover keeps coming out
- This is in addition to the above mentioned problems.
There are others but i think i forgot them.
Also Shaman Ford has not filled in the Vehicle details page and the PDI page so i assume the PDI was not done by them and am going to ask for a letter stating the same.
Also have not recieved our RC book yet and it is irritating. The car was meant to return at 4.00PM but it is 5.40 right now and the driver is still there. Ford really needs to brush up on its service ASAP.
Will see if the work has been caried out to my satisfaction when it returns.
Hope not to experiance any of these problems as the car has to go to Pune tomorrow.
Next report in 3 months/5000km
Cheers
even my car fiesta1.6 has a squeaking noise frm the rear but on very bad roads otherwise its fine lambhorgini do tell me if u sort out this prob thanks as regarding the r.c book same probs over here kept on pestering them finally got it after 2 months would have got it earlier by 15 days some mistakes in the r.c book wrong address(spelling mistakes) so had to go back for rectification
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2006, 12:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Price – 852000 OTR Mumbai with Company Registration
8.52L??? ours was 7L and OTR price 7.46L at Trivandrum, Kerala...more than 1L difference???
Old 1st May 2006, 10:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the continued review on the car Lambo. Yesterday I was at the dealership checking this car and is one of the probables for my Dad's next car. The basic version costs 8.23 lakhs on road in Hyderabad.

Ford has come with a club version. It has leather upholstery, alloy wheels, steel insertes in the fog light holes and few other things. It costs 35000 more than the basic Dsl version. I did not feel thats worth the money. Also that have ABS version which is 29000 more than the basic version and doesn't come up with all the goodies in club version.

Is anybody aware of any discounts on Fiesta. When i pushed the sales persion he told me he can give free accessories worth Rs.7,500.

Last edited by satish_appasani : 1st May 2006 at 10:19.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2006, 13:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
8.52L??? ours was 7L and OTR price 7.46L at Trivandrum, Kerala...more than 1L difference???
Dude, do u have a diesel fiesta??
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2006, 13:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Yogi - Its been 3 months. Isn't it a bit too long?
Satish - It would be better for you to get the regular one with ABS and then put alloys/leather on it. I would advise you to go for it. It is just awesome except for these niggling problems.
Arif - The difference could be because of Octroi, Company registration and sales tax.
Drifter - The brakes were genuinely weak. After the service they are performing wonderfully.

Well, we finally got the car on Saturday ONLY 2 hours late. Most of the problems have been rectified but you can stll hear the squeaking in the rear. It however is less pronounced.
Cheers
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2006, 14:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Yogi - Its been 3 months. Isn't it a bit too long?
Satish - It would be better for you to get the regular one with ABS and then put alloys/leather on it. I would advise you to go for it. It is just awesome except for these niggling problems.
Arif - The difference could be because of Octroi, Company registration and sales tax.
Drifter - The brakes were genuinely weak. After the service they are performing wonderfully.

Well, we finally got the car on Saturday ONLY 2 hours late. Most of the problems have been rectified but you can stll hear the squeaking in the rear. It however is less pronounced.
Cheers
yeah lambo i think u have waited for ur r.c too long catch the guy who dealt with u i kept on pestering him the guy who dealt with me and by the way the squeaking prob frm the back did it get solved
Old 2nd May 2006, 07:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Dude, do u have a diesel fiesta??
yeah, thats right......i have the diesel fiesta, non-abs version......that's why i was surprised to see this much difference(more than 1L) in the price.....and my review is posted in the thread "TEST DRIVEN FIESTA" by one of the team-bhp moderaters......and i should say there was no issue with the R.C book delay.....we had initially opted for the WHITE colour, but the waiting period was 3 months(for the diesel), so eventually we went for PLATINUM.....the WHITE colour looks awesome, like a mini benz from the rear....going for 2nd service today........i read somewhere in this site that there was a premium for certain colour choices in the form of a certain package costing around Rs.35,000/-, but we had no such problems here......we were first offered BLACK and then SILVER..........and there's only one dealer here - Kairali Ford

Last edited by arif_t01 : 2nd May 2006 at 07:53.
Old 2nd May 2006, 21:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

Well,
another update - The fiesta was hit today by an accord. Nothing serious. Just a Broken Bumper but it hurts like hell.
As for the squeaking noise, i will have to check once again to see if it is coming or whether it was just my imagination.
Anyways.
See you at 10,000 km.
Old 3rd May 2006, 09:48   #26
Team-BHP Support

Hey Lambo,

Did you finally go in for alloys?

Quote:
What tyres did it come with? JKs?

My father was saying that the "brakes are less than confidence inspiring", i hope they get better after the first service too! (I cant comment since i havent driven or even SEEN a fiesta yet!)

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 11:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hey rehaan
They come with 175/65R14 MRF ZV2K Tubeless tyres.
Quite sad rubber but get the everyday job done.
The brakes of the Fiesta are actually meant to be good and in comparison to the Ikon and accent they are.
Better then the NHCs too.
Cheers
BTW, dude,
Did you get a Fiesta?
Old 3rd May 2006, 11:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well,
another update - The fiesta was hit today by an accord. Nothing serious. Just a Broken Bumper but it hurts like hell.
Hey Lambo, sorry to hear!
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 16:11   #29
BHPian

Done 4500 km. Brakes seems to be ok (zxi 1.6) but crossing bumps with 4 psngers is not very smooth. Car is very steady at high speed. May be thats due to alloy wheels. FE for 1.6 is impressive...around 13 kmpl with a/c.
kashd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2006, 01:50   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashd
Done 4500 km. Brakes seems to be ok (zxi 1.6) but crossing bumps with 4 psngers is not very smooth. Car is very steady at high speed. May be thats due to alloy wheels. FE for 1.6 is impressive...around 13 kmpl with a/c.
hi kashd have a fiesta1.6sxi was a pleasure driving it on the mumbai-pune express highway ,but at around 140-150kmph the steering does feel a bit light,whats ur experience