Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 2nd May 2014, 22:44   #181
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: i20 sportz remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
The ebay key or myflipkey is exact replica but the problem is that the electronic board is not fitting inside correctly so every time i fix it and trun the ignition it remote opens up. i am thinking of sending it by courier to the guy from whom i purchased to fix it properly.

I am little scared to put a glue on it as it is electronics and any thing can go wrong in a wrong move
I am also using a flip key case bought from ebay and have assembled it properly. The board fits, but not snugly.So you have to press it and then apply a few drops of fevi qucik . For fitting the RFID chip you have to shave some of the plastic. Otherwise its a 10 mins job. Post some pics so that i can guide you how to do it
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2014, 14:15   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I am also using a flip key case bought from ebay and have assembled it properly. The board fits, but not snugly.So you have to press it and then apply a few drops of fevi qucik . For fitting the RFID chip you have to shave some of the plastic. Otherwise its a 10 mins job. Post some pics so that i can guide you how to do it
Thanks for the suggestion,I sent the key to the vendor in kasargod and it's on it so return journey, but now another problem came up,the original key started to open up when ever car was started or stopped (looks like the jobs of the call driver who came last week when I was out of town) ,so I tried a DIY yesterday night which ended Up in a mess

I put the fevikwik and before I could lock it tight the glue set and now key is open on one side...

I am unable to open even the batter cover ,any idea to remove the fevikiwk would be of Great help
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2014, 16:13   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
I am unable to open even the batter cover ,any idea to remove the fevikiwk would be of Great help
I tried searching Google for the problem your facing, I found a few suggestions:

1) Use nail polish remover;

2) Emery paper (Rough one);

3) Petrol;

Be careful when using these as they could damage the chip/motherboard in the FOB.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 21:17   #184
BHPian

Default re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Are you sure that there is an accessory to roll up the windows and close the mirrors when the car is locked?
its only for the windows and not the side mirrors. check with your local Hyundai A.S.S. Should not cost more than 1500.
mani_jeenu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 12:50   #185
BHPian

The odo stands at 85000 km. The last service was done at around 78000 km, hence got the engine oil and oil filter changed at Advaith Hyundai this morning. The engine is again butter smooth now. I could have used engine oil from outside since the car is out of warranty but went ahead with their oil this time. I'll research for a better oil and will plan to use it during 90K service. Any suggestion for a good diesel engine oil?

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 9th May 2014 at 12:52.
guyfrmblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2014, 22:05   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
The odo stands at 85000 km. The last service was done at around 78000 km, hence got the engine oil and oil filter changed at Advaith Hyundai this morning. The engine is again butter smooth now. I could have used engine oil from outside since the car is out of warranty but went ahead with their oil this time. I'll research for a better oil and will plan to use it during 90K service. Any suggestion for a good diesel engine oil?
For mineral it's shell helix hx6
For synthetic its the undisputed Mobil Delvac 1
Old 10th May 2014, 22:17   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For mineral it's shell helix hx6
For synthetic its the undisputed Mobil Delvac 1
But HX6 is of 15W40 grade while Mobil Delvac 1 is 5W40.

What is the recommended grade for the i20?
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2014, 19:59   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
But HX6 is of 15W40 grade while Mobil Delvac 1 is 5W40.

What is the recommended grade for the i20?

Recommended is 15W40 . So 5W40 is also fine
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2014, 11:22   #189
BHPian

Guys. I have a doubt. I want to know under what circumstances will the lights (circled in attachment) glow. I found that they dont glow during braking. The manual says rear fog lamps. But I dont seem to find a switch which is used to turn these lights on. Can someone help?

Mine is a 2011 Sportz (Petrol)
Attached Images
File Type: bmp i20 rear.bmp (263.1 KB, 285 views)

Last edited by racer_ash : 12th May 2014 at 11:23. Reason: added model
racer_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2014, 18:36   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Guys. I have a doubt. I want to know under what circumstances will the lights (circled in attachment) glow.
There is a circular ring on the right hand side stalk.
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0275.jpg
Twist this ring once to activate the front fog lamps. It will be indicated by green light in center console.Twist the ring forwards again to activate the rear fog lamp(The ring will come back to its previous position). It will be indicated by yellow light on center console.My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0276.jpg.
abhipuri is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2014, 21:46   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
I want to know under what circumstances will the lights (circled in attachment) glow. I found that they dont glow during braking. The manual says rear fog lamps.
The old gen Sportz variant comes only with rear fog lamps and hence you'll be seeing only that option on the stalk. It can be switched on only when the headlights are switched on, else you won't be able to operate the ring which abhipuri has shown.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2014, 00:35   #192
BHPian

Had a problem with my i20's clutch. So, thought ill ask you about it since yours is the most run i20 on the forum

Mine is a i20 diesel and has run around 48k kms and is 3.5 years old. Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed a screeching sound coming when I release the clutch on inclines. The more the incline, the more the sound too. I do not hear that sound on flat surfaces or while driving on almost flat roads in general.

I had given my car for service last week, the SA told me that it's a problem with the clutch and it has worn out and might need a replacement during the next service :( He said that the sound comes when there is more load on the clutch. My clutch operation has also become a bit hard. Other than this, I notice no issues.

1. Can you please tell me if what my SA told me is true?

2. He said the whole replacement would cost around 18k. True? Or can it be fixed by replacing only a particular component of a clutch assembly ?

3. Is it too early (in terms of km run) for having a clutch worn out issue?
Kimified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2014, 09:17   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
1. Can you please tell me if what my SA told me is true?
I haven't experienced any clutch problems so don't have much idea on how a bad clutch behaves. So I fear that I can't comment on your SA words . Experts in the forum can comment about it.

Quote:
2. He said the whole replacement would cost around 18k. True? Or can it be fixed by replacing only a particular component of a clutch assembly ?
My SA first checks whether there is any problem with the clutch every time I take the car for service. So once I casually asked how much the clutch replacement costs and I remember him telling around 13K. I don't know whether it includes labor and taxes. So you can cross check once with other service center too.

Quote:
3. Is it too early (in terms of km run) for having a clutch worn out issue?
It looks early. My car has now completed 85K km and the clutch is absolutely fine. Touchwood! My SA used to mention that he has seen bad clutches with some cars that has just 30K km on the odo but mostly driven by ladies. The clutch should easily last atleast 1 lakh km if used properly.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2014, 16:34   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
Had a problem with my i20's clutch. So, thought ill ask you about it since yours is the most run i20 on the forum

Mine is a i20 diesel and has run around 48k kms and is 3.5 years old. Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed a screeching sound coming when I release the clutch on inclines. The more the incline, the more the sound too. I do not hear that sound on flat surfaces or while driving on almost flat roads in general.

I had given my car for service last week, the SA told me that it's a problem with the clutch and it has worn out and might need a replacement during the next service :( He said that the sound comes when there is more load on the clutch. My clutch operation has also become a bit hard. Other than this, I notice no issues.
Take a second opinion from another HASS and a Bosch service center and see what they have to say on this issue
Old 20th May 2014, 13:12   #195
BHPian

Guys. Need your help. My 3yr 32k run i20 front right wheel developed a sidewall tear yesterday in the hands of a hospital valet. According to him, he drove it for hardly 100m and was executing a left turn towards end of the parking lot when the front right wheel suddenly deflated with a big hiss and he saw the crack. Since I was busy with doctor appointment, he himself took the pain of changing the spare and car was ready by the time I finished the appointment. I have no reason to doubt these guys because I am their customer (read patient) from past 1.5 yrs and I know most of the valets by name.

Only a couple of months ago, the front left tyre developed a sidewall crack after I ran over a big stone in the middle of the highway enroute from Bangalore to Hyderabad. I took multiple opinions and the tyre guys recommended adding a tube since the cut was less than 2 inches wide and advised me to use it as a spare only.

I am frustrated, more so because the trusted tyre guys said the tread depth is good and I can run these tyres without any issues til 45k or 5 yrs whichever comes early. Now with another wheel suffering a sidewall crack, I am left with no choice but to purchase a new tyre since I cant risk having two tubeless tyres with tubes fitted in them and one of them doing regular running duty.

Now my questions to you guys.

1) Are my tyres nearing end of life? If so, what is the explanation for a side wall crack in a parking lot?
2) My car came with apollo aceleres. I plan to buy the A-drives. How good are these things. I have heard from reviews that A-drives have softer side walls than Aceleres. In that case, wont I make the situation even worse?
3) I am planning to replace only the recently cracked tyre. If so, is it advisable to run tyres with different tread depths?
4) Any other tyre makes for replacement? I am looking for tyres with strong sidewalls especially after the latest episode.

Thanks in advance
racer_ash is offline   Reply With Quote