Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2012, 19:41   #61
BHPian
 
praveenp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 57
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : 30,000 km 4th service re

guyfrmblr, I must say your post has enhanced my knowledge about i20. Frankly, it's a brilliant description about your car and i20 in general. Can you please tell me where did you get the seat covers stitched from and how much did they cost? Even I am planning to get one for my i20 and even I am based in Bangalore.
praveenp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 21:06   #62
BHPian
 
guyfrmblr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 940
Thanked: 1,920 Times
Default Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : 30,000 km 4th service re

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
Can you please tell me where did you get the seat covers stitched from and how much did they cost? Even I am planning to get one for my i20 and even I am based in Bangalore.
Hi Praveen, I got the seat covers from Konark, near East End circle, Jayanagar. It costed around Rs.5500 last year. Its manufactured by a company called Dolphin. I didn't get it stitched, its artificial leather and available ready made for all the models. It fits perfectly. The only disadvantage with these kind of seats is that your dress gets wet due to excess sweating during hot noons. Otherwise its pretty good. Its very easy to clean too.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 08:32   #63
BHPian
 
praveenp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 57
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : 30,000 km 4th service re

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Hi Praveen, I got the seat covers from Konark, near East End circle, Jayanagar. It costed around Rs.5500 last year. Its manufactured by a company called Dolphin. I didn't get it stitched, its artificial leather and available ready made for all the models. It fits perfectly. The only disadvantage with these kind of seats is that your dress gets wet due to excess sweating during hot noons. Otherwise its pretty good. Its very easy to clean too.
Thank you for the information. I travel through East end daily and will try to figure out where the shop you have mentioned is. I am sure the cost would have marginally gone up by now but the seat covers look elegant. As you have rightly said the only problem with these type of seat covers is your body becomes more sweaty.

I also want to check with you whether you are OK with the engine noise of your car. The problem with mine is, once I exceed 2k RPM, I notice the engine noise too exceeds proportionately. Not sure, whether this is the normal behavior.
praveenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 11:20   #64
BHPian
 
guyfrmblr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 940
Thanked: 1,920 Times
Default Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : 30,000 km 4th service re

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
Thank you for the information. I travel through East end daily and will try to figure out where the shop you have mentioned is.
If you come from Ragigudda side, take a left at East End to the road which goes towards Carmel Convent school. You can find the shop towards your left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
I also want to check with you whether you are OK with the engine noise of your car. The problem with mine is, once I exceed 2k RPM, I notice the engine noise too exceeds proportionately. Not sure, whether this is the normal behavior.
In which gear are you noticing this? I hear the noise after 2k RPM only in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear (over revving). I hardly hear any noise in 4th, 5th and 6th gear.
guyfrmblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 16:23   #65
BHPian
 
praveenp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 57
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : 30,000 km 4th service re

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
If you come from Ragigudda side, take a left at East End to the road which goes towards Carmel Convent school. You can find the shop towards your left.

Sure, thanks for the exact location.


In which gear are you noticing this? I hear the noise after 2k RPM only in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear (over revving). I hardly hear any noise in 4th, 5th and 6th gear.
I think you have rightly pointed out the root cause of the problem; I will be in 2nd or 3rd gear when the RPM is around 2K. So you are implying this is the expected behavior in these gear ratios. Haven't really tested with 4th and 5th gears.
praveenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 22:48   #66
BHPian
 
guyfrmblr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 940
Thanked: 1,920 Times
Default Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : 30,000 km 4th service re

My i20 touched the 40K mark last week and got the 5th service done by Advaith Hyundai, ORR today.

The total service cost including labor charges was Rs 6076.29. The cost breakup:

1. Engine De-carbonizing: Rs 1200
2. Engine Oil: Rs 1180.25
3. Mag Wheel Weights: Rs 121.56
4. Filter Cartridge: Rs 1059.35
5. Filter - Air Cleaner: Rs 301.42
6. Service Kit - Oil Filter: Rs 363.71
7. Consumables (Care Plus): 175.00

Labor and Services:
1. Interior cleaning and Exterior Polish: Rs 290
2. De-carbonizing: Rs 300
3. Periodic Maintenance Service: Rs 1085
4. Suspension Check, Brake Drum Cleaning, Caliper Greasing, Throttle Body Cleaning: No charge

My SA didn't force me to do the Engine De-carbonizing but advised me to do it. I gave him the green signal. He had told me during the last service to perform the De-carbonizing this time. He said the next De-carbonization can be done during the 70K service.

The other charges:
1. Interior Cleaning and Durowax polish: Rs 1160
2. Wheel balancing and alignment: Rs 900

The total hole to the pocket was Rs 8136 + tax = Rs 8991.

I could have got the wheel alignment and balancing done for much cheaper rates at other places, but due to the hectic work schedule, I got it done here itself. I'm not finding enough time to take it to other wheel alignment centers.

The durowax polish which they use for interiors usually lasts for around 6-7 months. I have been getting this done from the first service itself.

The Hyundai emblem at the front was lost sometime back. This was replaced at free of cost.

The front left side AC vent shutter adjuster was broken last month. They agreed to replace it under warranty. They have placed the order for the entire assembly today and may take around 2-3 weeks to arrive.

The antenna base was broken two weeks back while I was cleaning the car. The Jopasu duster's handle accidentally hit the base of the antenna. I asked for the replacement. They said its not covered under warranty and the entire assembly replacement would cost around Rs.2000 and hence advised me to perform a DIY by fixing it with Araldite. I'll be doing it this weekend.

I'm overall very happy with the service done by Advaith Hyundai, ORR today. My SA is a very humble and soft spoken person called Vikram. I was promised the car to be delivered by 5 PM. I went there at 5 30 PM and waited only for 10 minutes.

Performance of the car after 40K km:

I have faced only one issue till now. The engine had misfired twice in October which was reported in this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-resolved.html (Engine misfire in my Hyundai i20 CRDI: UPDATE: Issue resolved)

However the issue was promptly resolved by Advaith Hyundai. The issue was due to one of the main wiring going kaput. They replaced it under warranty. I have driven around 10K km after this issue was rectified. The car is running absolutely fine.

Other than this, I haven't faced any issues.

I should mainly highlight following points:
1. Engine Refinement: The engine is as smooth as when the car was bought from the showroom. Its super silent. Its absolute fun driving this on highways.
2. Build quality: There is absolutely no rattle or squeak sound from any part of the car. The interior still looks brand new. All the buttons, dials, knobs are doing strong.
3. Fuel efficiency: I haven't observed any changes in the FE. I have been getting the same FE which I had reported in this thread earlier.

The Kagu 3D mats which were installed around 6 months back is already showing signs of wear (driver side). I don't recommend these mats for daily drive vehicles. The OEM mats showed signs of wear only after 12-13 months but I don't think these 3D mats will last for such a long time. These mats are recommended for the vehicles which are driven less frequently. I have posted the pics in the thread dedicated to Kagu mats in the technical section.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 21st January 2013 at 22:55.
guyfrmblr is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2013, 19:23   #67
BHPian
 
guyfrmblr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 940
Thanked: 1,920 Times
Default Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : 40,000 km 5th service up

The front AC vent adjuster which was broken last month was replaced under warranty today. They replaced the entire assembly. It took approximately 2.5 weeks for the parts to arrive.

I fixed the broken antenna base last weekend. I used Araldite to fix the base. Now its rock solid.

Name:  IMAG1339.jpg
Views: 4168
Size:  165.4 KB

Name:  IMAG1330.jpg
Views: 4208
Size:  228.4 KB
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2013, 19:06   #68
BHPian
 
guyfrmblr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 940
Thanked: 1,920 Times
Default Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : 40,000 km 5th service up

Here is my antenna standing strong and tall after the DIY.

Name:  IMAG1347.jpg
Views: 4021
Size:  185.7 KB

And the AC vent which was replaced. The vent adjuster is the main culprit here. Its very delicate.

Name:  IMAG1349.jpg
Views: 4138
Size:  124.6 KB
guyfrmblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 22:18   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,632
Thanked: 1,257 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Here is my antenna standing strong and tall after the DIY.

And the AC vent which was replaced. The vent adjuster is the main culprit here. Its very delicate.
How many times has the front brake pad in your car been changed? Mine was changed at 15.5k and recently at 32k kms. I am getting suspicious about this.
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 22:30   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,272
Thanked: 1,236 Times
Default Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : 40,000 km 5th service up

@guyfrmblr----I did not know that the vent adjuster was covered under warranty. Both of them broke within a year in my pal's i-20. When he contacted Hyundai, they said he'd have to shell out Rs 2000 for a set, so he declined.

I wonder why he was not given the right picture. His is an Oct 2009 i-20.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 22:39   #71
BHPian
 
guyfrmblr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 940
Thanked: 1,920 Times
Default Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : 40,000 km 5th service up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
How many times has the front brake pad in your car been changed? Mine was changed at 15.5k and recently at 32k kms. I am getting suspicious about this.
Mine was changed only at 20k service. Do you hear any faint screeching/squeaking noise while applying breaks? I used to hear it before the brake pads were replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
@guyfrmblr----I did not know that the vent adjuster was covered under warranty. Both of them broke within a year in my pal's i-20. When he contacted Hyundai, they said he'd have to shell out Rs 2000 for a set, so he declined.

I wonder why he was not given the right picture. His is an Oct 2009 i-20.
I guess your friend was taken for a ride by the Hyundai dealer. My SA clearly told that the AC vents are covered under warranty. Even after the warranty lapses, it won't cost Rs 2K, costs somewhere around Rs 1500. He said that almost every week they get the case of broken AC vent adjuster since its made of a very delicate material. I guess even sagarpadaki got it replaced under warranty recently.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 22:47   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,272
Thanked: 1,236 Times
Default Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : 40,000 km 5th service up

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I guess your friend was taken for a ride by the Hyundai dealer. My SA clearly told that the AC vents are covered under warranty. Even after the warranty lapses, it won't cost Rs 2K, costs somewhere around Rs 1500. He said that almost every week they get the case of broken AC vent adjuster since its made of a very delicate material. I guess even sagarpadaki got it replaced under warranty recently.
Thanks for the information. Is that the cost for a piece or a set?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 22:57   #73
BHPian
 
guyfrmblr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 940
Thanked: 1,920 Times
Default Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : 40,000 km 5th service up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks for the information. Is that the cost for a piece or a set?
Sorry, I didn't observe the "set" in your previous post. The price I mentioned is for a single AC vent. Then indeed they have increased the price by around Rs 500 for a single vent.

In Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore, they have showcased the items which will be replaced under the extended warranty. I found it to be very useful as most of the people will be clueless about the parts which will be covered under extended warranty. I don't remember seeing any list of items which will be covered by extended warranty in the certificate.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 21:33   #74
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 64
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : 40,000 km 5th service up

Hi guyfrmblr,
A friend of mine owns a 2011 (October) 5 speed CRDI i20 Sportz and done about 42k till date. His car has developed some problem with the clutch. Once the clutch is pushed in, it does not retract completely. He managed to drive it to Advaith (Bnghtta Road), they have topped up the clutch fluid, it now seems fine. I wanted to know how long the clutch lasts in an i20 generally. Is this any sign on the wearing/worn out clutch.

Last edited by Swifdeep : 18th March 2013 at 21:36.
Swifdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 22:01   #75
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,632
Thanked: 1,257 Times
Default Re: My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT : 40,000 km 5th service up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifdeep View Post
Hi guyfrmblr,
A friend of mine owns a 2011 (October) 5 speed CRDI i20 Sportz and done about 42k till date. His car has developed some problem with the clutch. Once the clutch is pushed in, it does not retract completely. He managed to drive it to Advaith (Bnghtta Road), they have topped up the clutch fluid, it now seems fine. I wanted to know how long the clutch lasts in an i20 generally. Is this any sign on the wearing/worn out clutch.

Ask him to get the clutch bleeding done. Modern clutches can easily last around 80-100K kms if used properly
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai i20 CRDI Sportz - 1 year ownership story, and still counting with SMILES PassionateDrive Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 43 20th May 2013 17:28
TD'd- New i20 sportz crdi (6 speed) jagxf Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 47 6th October 2011 10:03
Hyundai i20 Sportz (1.2 Petrol) My dark grey beauty - One Month Update Delhiwarrior Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 26 24th July 2011 11:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:15.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks