Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 4th September 2011, 13:39   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Laura TSI -> 1+ Year and 20,000Kms of ownership report

yea.. the shunt was due to a bike coming in the way. Damage was mostly cosmetic, as the hit flew off the front fender, instead of crashing into the car, and the damage was done by the food carrier on the back of the bike on the front fender.

Repair bill for parts and labor was 70k. Repair bill for airbags was 1.2lacs. lol. sigh, well i got a brand new dash and steering for the amount. NO FRAME DAMAGE, NO ENGINE DAMAGE, damn car's a tank.!
prithwi-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 19:07   #17
BHPian

The Laura RS spec wheels from the dealer itself would be the best fit... dont go overboard with 17" and spoil your ride.
AirWind is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 01:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
The Laura RS spec wheels from the dealer itself would be the best fit... dont go overboard with 17" and spoil your ride.
Agreed.. Waiting for the RS Spec Wheels to come into the dealer. Also dealer said that the RS Spec Wheels can be had in 17inch as an option.. Must say, I'm game to sacrifice some ride for the 225 grip. Cant DECIDE.. Going NUTS!!

I want the RS Steering though.. man what a feel. :-) Cant wait to swap that out.
Old 6th September 2011, 06:49   #19
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

RS Spec Laura has stiffened springs and lowered ride height, so see if the the wheels fit in and don't start fouling with the wheel wells when you bottom out on irregular patches of bad tarmac.
Durango Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 09:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
RS Spec Laura has stiffened springs and lowered ride height, so see if the the wheels fit in and don't start fouling with the wheel wells when you bottom out on irregular patches of bad tarmac.
I think not. There is RS review in this month's autocar. They say, RS has stiffened springs but the ride height remains the same(more number of coils for the same height).
princemanatt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 15:39   #21
BHPian

Oddly when you see the RS in person, it seems that the front ride height is a bit lower than the standard car, but the rear ride height remains same.

I suppose a test drive (when its available) will put all doubts to rest.
Old 4th October 2011, 17:09   #22
BHPian

Its the same ride height the tsi & the rs..
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 17:06   #23
BHPian

Update -
Car's now hitting nearly 40k kms. No major problem what so ever, post the accident.

Couple of small irritants -
1. The wind noise issue from the doors comes and goes. No fix for it. A bit of flexing the rubber lining usually helps clear out the issue.

2. Dashboard rattle was isolated to the battery being loose. There is a lining that goes around the battery before its lowered into the box, which is missing. Although the battery appears fixed, when u move there is a noisy rattle that appears from inside the left dash. Its not the dash, its the battery (took me 4 months to figure it out).

Apparently the Skoda *** didnt fix the insulation/lining around the battery post reinstallation. And now they've lost it and the battery box cover. No issue though, as they have ordered it for free and will replace when its here (2 weeks)

3. Front Windshield gets scratched too easily. I've got enough cars in the garage, but the windshield on the skoda looks like its been thru hell. Oddly since i got the Brio the car has been used at home for here and there. So i dont understand how and why this is happening. Will have to replace it in a while but it seems that the windscreen is not as tuff as the Hondas and Toyota's I have. Weird!

I've also managed to grab my hands on a Blue VRS :-) three months ago. So keep tuned. Will create an ownership thread shortly.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 17:51   #24
BHPian

A Quick Walk down memory lane of the cars I've owned..

So here is the list so far -

1999 Mitsubishi Galant V6
2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII
2005 Subaru WRX STI
2008 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B
2009 Lancer Evolution X MR
2010 Hyundai i-20 Asta
2010 Skoda (Octavia) Laura TSI Ambiente
2011 Honda Brio VMT
2012 Skoda (Octavia) Laura VRS

Pics aplenty here -
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/udcaa3jqjtxithd/f9SIIEP1qu
Old 10th December 2012, 19:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
2. Dashboard rattle was isolated to the battery being loose. There is a lining that goes around the battery before its lowered into the box, which is missing.
3. Front Windshield gets scratched too easily. I've got enough cars in the garage, but the windshield on the skoda looks like its been thru hell. Oddly since i got the Brio the car has been used at home for here and there. So i dont understand how and why this is happening. Will have to replace it in a while but it seems that the windscreen is not as tuff as the Hondas and Toyota's I have. Weird!

Wow.
I will check my battery casing for the dashboard rattle.

And a bigger thanks for bringing up the windshield issue. I have been puzzled too! Mine has also developed fine dots (as if small pointed stones may have it chipped off). Not sure what's the matter here. Mine is a 2009 CKD car and the windshield shows 2008 mark!!! What's yours?

Cheers!
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 17:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Wow.
I will check my battery casing for the dashboard rattle.

And a bigger thanks for bringing up the windshield issue. I have been puzzled too! Mine has also developed fine dots (as if small pointed stones may have it chipped off). Not sure what's the matter here. Mine is a 2009 CKD car and the windshield shows 2008 mark!!! What's yours?

Cheers!
Mine is a 2010 CKD. Windshield feels like the car is 5 years old. Will raise this to skoda service but i doubt anything will come out of it.
Old 25th February 2013, 16:55   #27
BHPian

Got the car refurbished @ Autopsyche in Gurgaon. its INSANE!!! What a job these guys did on the paint n the interiors.. words cant describe it.. must post pics... BETTER than original.. total cost 5k.

The windshield is getting worse though. Terrible quality by skoda, and will have to have it changed sumtime this year. Getting minor similar issues with the VRS as well. I have 8 cars at home, Honda Brio, TSi, RS, Accord V6, Corolla, Outlander, Merc E, BMW 5, and none other than the Skoda has this issue. The v6 is 2005 model and the glass is spotless.. Speaks volumes for Honda and not so much for Skoda OEM part suppliers in India.