Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2011, 09:23   #16
BHPian
 
speed crusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 47
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: SX4 VXi, 62000 kms - An ownership report and a brief introduction

Hi everyone! was away to leh and therefore could not reply to posts. I would like to thank you all for your advise and support. Will post a travelogue on the leh trip soon!!
speed crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 23:41   #17
Newbie
 
rksdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 4
Thanked: Once
Default

Nice to see the SX4 long term review, being a recent owner of a pre-owned SX4. The vehicle is a pleasure to drive on highways, with a constant speed cruise around 100kmph. Once you go above 110, outside noise becomes a bit too hard for the comfort even if you have music on. I have seen that rev in the range of 3000rpm to 3500, the car sounds good, throttle is responsive and you can keep your cruising speed upto 110 to 120 kmph; that's the best spot to drive this car, that's my take.

City ride is not bad, but I feel that it feels bit underpowered in 2nd specially in bumper to bumper Mumbai traffic, and you have to continuously shift down to 1st to avoid the engine going off.

@speedC : I am amazed to see that you are getting a FE of 12-13 in city, my car returns anything between 9 to 10.5 in city and approx 11-12 on Highways. It would be great to have you share that how you are able to get that FE; usually other SX4 owners have also claimed to receive around 9-10kmpl in city!

Look forward to your Leh travelogue !
rksdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2011, 20:23   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: noida
Posts: 1,049
Thanked: 297 Times
Default Re: SX4 VXi, 62000 kms - An ownership report and a brief introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksdotcom View Post
Nice to see the SX4 long term review, being a recent owner of a pre-owned SX4. The vehicle is a pleasure to drive on highways, with a constant speed cruise around 100kmph. Once you go above 110, outside noise becomes a bit too hard for the comfort even if you have music on. I have seen that rev in the range of 3000rpm to 3500, the car sounds good, throttle is responsive and you can keep your cruising speed upto 110 to 120 kmph; that's the best spot to drive this car, that's my take.

City ride is not bad, but I feel that it feels bit underpowered in 2nd specially in bumper to bumper Mumbai traffic, and you have to continuously shift down to 1st to avoid the engine going off.

@speedC : I am amazed to see that you are getting a FE of 12-13 in city, my car returns anything between 9 to 10.5 in city and approx 11-12 on Highways. It would be great to have you share that how you are able to get that FE; usually other SX4 owners have also claimed to receive around 9-10kmpl in city!

Look forward to your Leh travelogue !

It is the city mate. Mumbai traffic is a lot worse than Delhi. Moreover, the AC usage in Delhi is a lot lower in the winter months.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 09:39   #19
BHPian
 
speed crusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 47
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: SX4 VXi, 62000 kms - An ownership report and a brief introduction

@rksdotcom, I do nothing unusual, just get the car serviced regularly. Just got the tyres changed at 63000. Again got the Bridgestone turanza's, 195/65 R15. Got a set of 5 for 27000 from reliance autozone in Ambience Mall, Gurgaon. Got front bumper changed as I ran into a pig on the golf course road in Gurgaon one evening and got some rubbing and polishing done. So the car looks better, shinier and all set for another 2-3 years I hope.

Anyone: Need some help, there is a strange click click sound that comes from the right front wheel or the whole setup. Earlier I thought it might be my old tryes, but with new ones as well, I get the same sound. Also, as the car slows, from the same area, there is a creaking sound as if something needs greasing. Need help to figure out what to do

Thanks in advance...also...the travelogue is coming along, have done about a third of it, will need some more time to complete it; don't want to post a bit and then some more and so on

Regards
Crusader
speed crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 17:25   #20
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: SX4 VXi, 62000 kms - An ownership report and a brief introduction

Nice review, I also have SX4 ZXI with 40K done, still the car looks new and does not create major hole in my pocket. The maintenance is really low and also the spare parts.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 22:07   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 37
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: SX4 VXi, 62000 kms - An ownership report and a brief introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed crusader View Post
Anyone: Need some help, there is a strange click click sound that comes from the right front wheel or the whole setup. Earlier I thought it might be my old tryes, but with new ones as well, I get the same sound. Also, as the car slows, from the same area, there is a creaking sound as if something needs greasing.
You probably need to replace front stabilizer link (Part No: 42420M55K00 cost around Rs. 415). I had the same problem with my SX4(@56K KMS) and got it fixed recently from Maruti service center. Please check with local service center.
SX4_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2011, 23:38   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 81
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: SX4 VXi, 62000 kms - An ownership report and a brief introduction

My SX4 has done 52000Kms and i too face the strange click click sound that comes from the right front wheel. This happens only when i apply the brake. Can this also be referred to the same front stabilizer link problem?
DineshKanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2012, 12:10   #23
BHPian
 
speed crusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 47
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: SX4 VXi, 62000 kms - An ownership report and a brief introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4_2007 View Post
You probably need to replace front stabilizer link (Part No: 42420M55K00 cost around Rs. 415). I had the same problem with my SX4(@56K KMS) and got it fixed recently from Maruti service center. Please check with local service center.
thanks for the tip...ill get it checked...the sounds is really driving me nuts
speed crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 17:09   #24
BHPian
 
dilsoft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 69
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: SX4 VXi, 62000 kms - An ownership report and a brief introduction

Thanks Speed_Crusader. Enjoyed reading your post.

BTW I have just completed 64K with my Sx4 Zxi black color (2007). Since sometime I am getting a dhud dhud sound from somewhere towards the left side from center of the front wheels if I pass thru bad patches, potholes. I got it checked with the Maruti guys what they say is steering assembly watcher has gone and we can not replace it. They said there is no harm and i can continue. To rectify it the whole steering rack assembly need to be changed and it costs around 25K. I still want to keep the car for few more years. Similar to you I also do not have any complaints except this.

So, I need suggestions from you guys whether it is better to go for a new steering assembly rack or just continue this way? Are there any third party workshops who can put that Watcher inside ?

I live in Hyderabad, AP.

Last edited by dilsoft : 11th September 2012 at 17:10. Reason: typo
dilsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 19:10   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 274
Thanked: 97 Times
Default Re: SX4 VXi, 62000 kms - An ownership report and a brief introduction

Dear Speed Crusader,

Thanks for the review. However my own experience has been different from yours in some areas;

Ergonomics: Aside from the seat height and comfort of ingress/egress, I find the cockpit to be lacking in comfort:
  • Lack of arm rest for left arm.
  • Right arm rest is located on door recess. Driver has to outstretch to reach the steering from this position.
  • Ultra soft seats means that driver gets thrown about in the seat on hilly sections

Steering: I have no complaints from the steering weight and feel. It has a very direct feedback and weighs well at high speeds. In fact I believe it is one of the strongest points of the car. I love the grip of the wheel as well. Note - mine is a ZXI which has larger wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed crusader View Post
Beam connecting the shockers in the front – Cost about 13k – Repeated driving over bad roads, at times at high speed resulted in a small bend in this beam. The car was still driveable but on tight turns this bend used to scrape the body, so I got that changed.
Do you have a picture of this part (original or new)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed crusader View Post
I am surprised the original tubeless Bridgestone Turanza’s are still going strong
Mine had JK tyres ... what gives?
aditya101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2012, 18:52   #26
BHPian
 
speed crusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 47
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: SX4 VXi, 62000 kms - An ownership report and a brief introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post



Do you have a picture of this part (original or new)?



sorry...but do mot have pictures on this

regards
speed crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 22:47   #27
BHPian
 
atul.sxna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 60
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: SX4 VXi, 62000 kms - An ownership report and a brief introduction

Dude, yesterday my younger brother bought a second-hand 2009 SX4 VXi. This belonged to his long time school friend and was rarely driven.

The ODO stands at 17890.

Apart from the usual scratches that Delhi gives you, no visible or mechanical work needed.

Complete service history and kept in immaculate condition.

Since, this guys is known to us from childhood, we are sure there is no foul play involved.

I took the car out for a drive today, took the kid to Children's Park, India Gate -- we reached around 6 and got to know that the park closes @ 530pm in winters

After a stroll at India Gate and dinner at Bengali Market, it was time to head back home.

My initial views about the car are as follows:

1. A-Pillar (all the owners of SX4 know what I'm talking about)

2. The drive is smooth and the car surprisingly feels sturdy.

3. The SX4 brochure that came with the car in 2009, details ground clearance for VXi at 180mm and ZXi at 190mm I'm wondering why did Maruti do this !!!!

4. We have a Ford Figo TDCi Titanium and both my wife and mother felt as if they were siting on a couch in SX4. The kid (17months) pulled down the rear armrest and sat on it as if that was her thrown.

5. I have a mild neck pain since the drive, I do not know if it's the height of the driver seat or I need to try and adjust the seat few more times before i find the sweet spot. I'm 5'11. (hoping current owners can throw more light on this)

Rest, since I've recently been granted the membership of this forum, and I'm a newbie, I plan to start my own thread on the ownership experience of both the SX4 and Figo diesel once I graduate to a bhpian.

In the meanwhile, I might piggy back on your thread for any queries / observations I have with the SX4 VXi.

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd October 2014 at 13:26.
atul.sxna is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 3rd October 2014, 09:06   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: noida
Posts: 1,049
Thanked: 297 Times
Default Re: SX4 VXi, 62000 kms - An ownership report and a brief introduction

Atul,
he SX4 is a very good though underrated car. You must have got a great deal as it does not hold on to its value. A car with approx 18 K is is good as new. In this kind of money you can hardly get a good hatchback.

I have the same cars as you and over the years my respect for SX4 has grown even as my affection for the Figo has gone down ( low GC leading to under-body hits and poor After Sales from Ford).

SX4 is a comfortable car. Earlier this year I took it for a trip to Ladakh and back and did not have any discomfort.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2014, 12:29   #29
BHPian
 
atul.sxna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 60
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: SX4 VXi, 62000 kms - An ownership report and a brief introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Atul,
he SX4 is a very good though underrated car. You must have got a great deal as it does not hold on to its value. A car with approx 18 K is is good as new. In this kind of money you can hardly get a good hatchback.

I have the same cars as you and over the years my respect for SX4 has grown even as my affection for the Figo has gone down ( low GC leading to under-body hits and poor After Sales from Ford).

SX4 is a comfortable car. Earlier this year I took it for a trip to Ladakh and back and did not have any discomfort.
Thanks Rajneesh, it indeed was a great deal that just fell in our lap. Maybe God wants me to drive my first Maruti after close to 2.5Lac kms over the last decade in various Europeans (Ford, Fiat).

The only issue currently that I see is finding a sweet spot with the driver's seat.

As far as Figo is concerned, in my view it is the best car in its category but let's discuss that in the appropriate Figo thread.

I would love to read your detailed Ladakh travelogue in SX4.
We made a road trip to Leh-Ladakh in 2011 --- 4000kms in 2 weeks, our ride was a 2010 Safari
atul.sxna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update Sathya_sc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 165 11th March 2015 10:45
Hi, a not so brief introduction shreyasmrao Introduce yourself 15 7th October 2009 01:30
Brief Introduction Road Runner Introduce yourself 8 27th September 2008 20:39
A brief introduction to Jaguar competition history dreadcontrola Int'l Motorsport 6 9th April 2008 13:55
A brief introduction rajiv Introduce yourself 7 5th May 2006 13:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:23.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks