Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 11th October 2011, 14:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold

Congrats! Nice review. This is one car that never fails to impress, no matter how much you have seen it on road or driven it! Everytime get into the driver's seat and the drive is just addictive! We have a type 2 city, which my dad refuses to sell. For the same reason, sweet revving engine and almost perfect gearbox

Also I have rarely seen a Honda City with a black color. All are either beige, silver or white.
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 14:39   #17
BHPian

Default re: Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
VW might have warranty issues if you upgrade hah?
Thats the reason i'm waiting. But I cannot wait till 2 years
So thinking of taking the plunge.
mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 20:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Congrats! Nice review. This is one car that never fails to impress, no matter how much you have seen it on road or driven it! Everytime get into the driver's seat and the drive is just addictive! We have a type 2 city, which my dad refuses to sell. For the same reason, sweet revving engine and almost perfect gearbox

Also I have rarely seen a Honda City with a black color. All are either beige, silver or white.
Thanks W.A.G.7.We have have a City Type 2 too.A 1.5EXI to be exact.Its a brilliant car to drive.I love the Type 2 much more than the i-VTEC.
Very much true,Golden,Silver and White sell the most.People tend to avoid black due to them thinking its really difficult to maintain one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Thats the reason i'm waiting. But I cannot wait till 2 years
So thinking of taking the plunge.
Take the plunge,you definitely wont regret it.Adding HID's to the car will make it a complete LOOKER!
What are the A.S.S people saying that if you change the bulbs,what all will be void?
cityvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 20:40   #19
Team-BHP Support

Hey man, good job on the city there. Its really looking quite good and well maintained. Black cars are by far the worst to maintain, and I've made up my mind to never buy one again, its too much work.

I saw some K&N stickers on your car, did you have a filter?
69-1017TTK - K&N 69 Series Typhoon Kits, Performance Intake Kit
Get this otherwise, it will make your drive (if you do that is ) so much more fun.

Also the alloys, get them painted to dark grey, and your car will look killer. Honestly. Well done on the interiors too.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 09:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
What are the A.S.S people saying that if you change the bulbs,what all will be void?
They said warranty would be void if there is any wire cutting of that sort. They dint give any details. Honestly I was not interested for details, as I know I'll be taking the plunge
mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 18:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Hey man, good job on the city there. Its really looking quite good and well maintained. Black cars are by far the worst to maintain, and I've made up my mind to never buy one again, its too much work.

I saw some K&N stickers on your car, did you have a filter?
69-1017TTK - K&N 69 Series Typhoon Kits, Performance Intake Kit
Get this otherwise, it will make your drive (if you do that is ) so much more fun.

Also the alloys, get them painted to dark grey, and your car will look killer. Honestly. Well done on the interiors too.
Thanks alot buddy,well black if maintained looks the best.All the car needs is a coat of wax everymonth or a proffesional polish every 3 months.I generally get it 3M'D everytime it goes for a service to Pinnacle Honda.Hardly any aftermarket accesory shops in Calcutta use 3M.All unbranded,local stuff.We dont even have proper detailing shops here.

The car doesnt have an K&N filter,just stickers.I regret putting them,I cant even remove them because it is that reflective type of sticker which on removal will leave all the gum marks.

Alloys I will be getting it painted very soon.Options are Dark Grey,Matt Black,White and Gunmetal.Everyone is giving me different suggestions,though my heart says Dark Grey or Matt Black.

Photoshop Experts,Please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
They said warranty would be void if there is any wire cutting of that sort. They dint give any details. Honestly I was not interested for details, as I know I'll be taking the plunge
HID's dont need any wires to be cut,its just bolt on.So that shouldn't be a worry.
Old 12th October 2011, 20:17   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Alloys I will be getting it painted very soon.Options are Dark Grey,Matt Black,White and Gunmetal.Everyone is giving me different suggestions,though my heart says Dark Grey or Matt Black.

Photoshop Experts,Please help.
Dark grey/gunmetal pretty much the same thing. See the Jazz X alloys, that shade or a little darker. Matte black and white honestly won't look good. If you car was totally blacked out, like including the headlamps and all then black rims would go with the look, but since there is some chrome gunmetal will add to the contrast nicely. Gimme a few minutes I will photoshop it for you.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 11:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hey cityvic congrats on your long term ownership and man you City really does Sizzle in that colour.

When I was going through the post, I realized that you had actually matched my thoughts onto our car while modifying the external looks. I was thinking about an 'All Black' city.
In fact buddy, when I read the word "Alloys" on your post, I was really expecting a Matte Black or Glossy black Alloys to show up in pics

If my opinion mattered, I guess you should know by now which colour I would vote for on Alloys.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 15:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

I like the way you are passionate about your cars, especially the ANHC I love the front grill - may be you need to lose the extra stickers.

Enjoy the car
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 16:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Dark grey/gunmetal pretty much the same thing. See the Jazz X alloys, that shade or a little darker. Matte black and white honestly won't look good. If you car was totally blacked out, like including the headlamps and all then black rims would go with the look, but since there is some chrome gunmetal will add to the contrast nicely. Gimme a few minutes I will photoshop it for you.
Yes Jazz Alloys shade was on my list.Akshay waiting for the Photoshopped images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey cityvic congrats on your long term ownership and man you City really does Sizzle in that colour.

When I was going through the post, I realized that you had actually matched my thoughts onto our car while modifying the external looks. I was thinking about an 'All Black' city.
In fact buddy, when I read the word "Alloys" on your post, I was really expecting a Matte Black or Glossy black Alloys to show up in pics

If my opinion mattered, I guess you should know by now which colour I would vote for on Alloys.
Thanks alot Vik.Again a Photoshop Job can make things much more clearer.Thanks for you input.
Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
I like the way you are passionate about your cars, especially the ANHC I love the front grill - may be you need to lose the extra stickers.

Enjoy the car
Thanks alot planet_rocker.
Yes the K&N definitely needs to go and please suggest me what else to remove.
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 16:32   #26
Senior - BHPian

Rear - CITY logo needs to go & that chromed registration plate dressing needs to lose the chrome bit and painted black.

Rear windshield stickers - it is upto you - lose the ones, you feel need to go.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 17:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Rear - CITY logo needs to go & that chromed registration plate dressing needs to lose the chrome bit and painted black.

Rear windshield stickers - it is upto you - lose the ones, you feel need to go.
That chrome might be CF snickered soon.If we paint Chome wont the paint get chipped off?
Old 17th October 2011, 17:06   #28
BHPian

Excellent review cityvic. The car looks awesome in black and after the respray, looks like brand new from the showroom.

I took the plunge in September this year and bought a Preowned City iVtec, done only 12.5K kms, in the same color as yours.

I have a few questions:
1. How much did the respray cost you at H.A.S.S.?
2. Did you buy the Red Honda logos off-the-shelf or did you order them online?
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 19:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Excellent review cityvic. The car looks awesome in black and after the respray, looks like brand new from the showroom.

I took the plunge in September this year and bought a Preowned City iVtec, done only 12.5K kms, in the same color as yours.

I have a few questions:
1. How much did the respray cost you at H.A.S.S.?
2. Did you buy the Red Honda logos off-the-shelf or did you order them online?
Thanks live2drive.
Woah,how much did you buy it for?Is it a S or V?

The respray ay H.A.S.S costed me 40k.Out of which we had to shell out only 12k and the rest was taken care by the Insurance.
I got these Red Honda Logos from R Style in MBK Mall,Bangkok.You can get these from Retro Rides or Motor Concept or Autopsyche in Delhi.
Old 17th October 2011, 19:35   #30
BHPian

Its a Feb 2009 S-MT. I picked up the beauty for 6.7 lacs.
live2drive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote