Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 14th February 2012, 15:22   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
The OHC is looking fabulous, Rohin. When did you get her back? keep it clean without any unwanted stickers. and please post better pictures of the OHC. All the best for the mods planned, if any
Hey thanks a ton.

Got her back last week.
The Tyre Upgrade,Tints,Seats,Audio have all been done.
Performance mods to be done in July.

Would love to show you the car sometime soon.
cityvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2012, 13:55   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold

Update:

Got Red Honda Logos for the Steering,Key Fob and a Red Honda Logo Keychain.
Attached Images

Old 11th April 2012, 22:40   #48
BHPian

You clearly love your car and have maintained it very well. Quick question, do you get it services every 5000 kms as Honda recommends ? To me 5000 seems too low, 10000 is more like it. Do share some details on the regular maintenance followed.
eagles_ts is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 16:14   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
You clearly love your car and have maintained it very well. Quick question, do you get it services every 5000 kms as Honda recommends ? To me 5000 seems too low, 10000 is more like it. Do share some details on the regular maintenance followed.
Hey thanks a ton buddy.

Yes I do get the car serviced every 5000kms as Honda recommends.At every service they check the basically.Oils,air filters and stuff.Will have to take out the bills and update.

Have CF Stickered the Chrome Garnish on top of the grill.Pictures coming up soon.
Old 13th April 2012, 14:57   #50
BHPian

I wish to change the lights in my City too! Could you give me the details of the HID used and the costs involved. You have mentioned the colour/temperature but would like to know the brand etc. and the costs and if any modifications were required. How is the performance in terms of light intensity after two years of usage? Any visible drop off in intensity?
ZeroThoughts is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 21:35   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroThoughts View Post
I wish to change the lights in my City too! Could you give me the details of the HID used and the costs involved. You have mentioned the colour/temperature but would like to know the brand etc. and the costs and if any modifications were required. How is the performance in terms of light intensity after two years of usage? Any visible drop off in intensity?
The HID's are of Raylux make.They retail for around Rs 7000 but I got it cheaper,sorry I cant disclose the price.
I was unaware of this brand when I had bought it but upon searching T-BHP after getting them last year,I found them to be No 2 in the market after Philips.

These Lights were Bolt On.No Cutting of wires etc.Just a connection from the battery and its ready to go.
They Light throw is still the same after a year of usage,but sometimes I do regret that I should have gone in for Projectors instead.

If you dont have any budget issues please get Projectors retro fitted in your Headlights.
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 09:15   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
The HID's are of Raylux make.They retail for around Rs 7000 but I got it cheaper,sorry I cant disclose the price.
I was unaware of this brand when I had bought it but upon searching T-BHP after getting them last year,I found them to be No 2 in the market after Philips.

These Lights were Bolt On.No Cutting of wires etc.Just a connection from the battery and its ready to go.
They Light throw is still the same after a year of usage,but sometimes I do regret that I should have gone in for Projectors instead.

If you dont have any budget issues please get Projectors retro fitted in your Headlights.

Can projectors be fitted in the City headlights? How much of modification would be needed for that and if you have some idea what amount should one budget if one were to choose say philips HID setup with projectors?
ZeroThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 19:14   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can projectors be fitted in the City headlights? How much of modification would be needed for that and if you have some idea what amount should one budget if one were to choose say philips HID setup with projectors?
Yes projectors can be Retrofitted on the City's Headlights.No modification is required for the same.Its just bolt on.

A Good Set of Projectors will set you back by 13-15k.

A picture of a friends City i-VTEC with Projectors retrofitted on Original Headlights
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold-dsc_0413.jpg  

cityvic is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 11:56   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Yes projectors can be Retrofitted on the City's Headlights.No modification is required for the same.Its just bolt on.

A Good Set of Projectors will set you back by 13-15k.

A picture of a friends City i-VTEC with Projectors retrofitted on Original Headlights
Thank you for the information. I now have to find a good and reliable place in Delhi where I can get it done - Philips set up with projectors.
Old 17th April 2012, 13:42   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the information. I now have to find a good and reliable place in Delhi where I can get it done - Philips set up with projectors.
Would suggest you to get it done from Retro Rides.They are best for projectors in North India.
Check out the T-BHP directory for their details.
Old 17th April 2012, 16:26   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Would suggest you to get it done from Retro Rides.They are best for projectors in North India.

The projectors are looking great i have been searching one for my ANHC for past one year in Chennai. All these years i have been restraining myself in to going for a HID conversion is not getting the projectors can you kindly help me where to get HID with projectors in Chennai? & best place for conversion?
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 20:17   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
The projectors are looking great i have been searching one for my ANHC for past one year in Chennai. All these years i have been restraining myself in to going for a HID conversion is not getting the projectors can you kindly help me where to get HID with projectors in Chennai? & best place for conversion?
Hey thanks.Will convey your comments to my friend.

I absolutely have no idea about Projectors and HID's in Chennai.The only well know accessory shop I'v heard of there is Privilege Motomall.
You can also contact Retro Rides and ask them to courier them for you.
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 19:44   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Enquired with Retro Rides. Projectors with Hella HID Kit is being quoted at Rs. 25,000.00.

Will need to look elsewhere, I guess.
Old 25th April 2012, 09:26   #59
BHPian

Hey Cityvic,

Been following you for sometime now. You seem to love your car more than me !!! I thought nobody could do it as much i do, since my family and friends complain a lot .
I know it takes hell a lot of time to maintain a black car.

Your car is absolutely fantastic & Gorgeous !!

The car is very clean & spotless in the front.

i suggest you please remove the K &N stickers permanently. Remove the T-BHp sticker from the rear windshield & place it in a more appropriate place. The rear windshield looks very crowded due to this. Isn't it blocking the view partially ?

Avoid unnecessary stickers on the car. It makes the car look very crowded & gives a confused look. No need to advertise for any company is my view even if you have used the company product.

Removing the K &N sticker will add to the already beautiful car.

No offence meant, but my car doesnt even carry a T-Bhp sticker. I did buy the entire set of stickers, but ended up sharing with other members here.

I had stuck the stickers on the car, but removed it, since i was creating havoc on the streets with other members unnecessarily honking, flashing lights & one member zipping past dangerously on the left side on the highway to check who i am !!! In a way, i removed it for safe driving too !!!

Last edited by nandans2005 : 25th April 2012 at 09:33.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 18:40   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Enquired with Retro Rides. Projectors with Hella HID Kit is being quoted at Rs. 25,000.00.

Will need to look elsewhere, I guess.
Do keep us updated with cost and product you procure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Hey Cityvic,

Been following you for sometime now. You seem to love your car more than me !!! I thought nobody could do it as much i do, since my family and friends complain a lot .
I know it takes hell a lot of time to maintain a black car.

Your car is absolutely fantastic & Gorgeous !!

The car is very clean & spotless in the front.

i suggest you please remove the K &N stickers permanently. Remove the T-BHp sticker from the rear windshield & place it in a more appropriate place. The rear windshield looks very crowded due to this. Isn't it blocking the view partially ?

Avoid unnecessary stickers on the car. It makes the car look very crowded & gives a confused look. No need to advertise for any company is my view even if you have used the company product.

Removing the K &N sticker will add to the already beautiful car.

No offence meant, but my car doesnt even carry a T-Bhp sticker. I did buy the entire set of stickers, but ended up sharing with other members here.

I had stuck the stickers on the car, but removed it, since i was creating havoc on the streets with other members unnecessarily honking, flashing lights & one member zipping past dangerously on the left side on the highway to check who i am !!! In a way, i removed it for safe driving too !!!
Hey thanks a ton.

Really appreciate your Valuable Comments and Frank Opinions.
Well the K&N Sticker cant be removed because it is stuck on Radium Sticker.The removal of Radium Sticker leaves Gum and Sticker marks on the paint.So the only option is to get it painted.If you know of any method of removing the stickers without damaging the paint.Please let me know.

Have been planning to remove a few stickers from the crowded rear windscreen.Though it doesn't become a problem with the visibility.

Here in Cal,there aren't many T-Bhpians plying on the roads always.Even if they are,they are very well known.So that doesnt become a problem.

Updates on the car:

Have Carbon Fibre Stickered the Door Handles.
Pictures coming up soon.