Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 4th November 2011, 23:57   #136
BHPian

Default Re: XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill22g View Post
We drove the car out of the showroom and straightaway headed for Chandigarh, thats around 250 odd kilometers.
Hi,
Did you find engaging the 1st & 2nd gear a little notchy/difficult?
I am finding the same in my XUV W8 that I took delivery of today and that too me is dissapointing !!!
Thankfully the electronics on my vehicle are behaving
Also, I found the drivability of the XUV extremely good (viz-a-viz a scorpio/safari/endy). Runs & handles really smooth.
cheers
sidwadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 18:01   #137
BHPian

Back from an awesome, trouble free, celebrity status ride . Bangalore-palakkad-kochi-palakkad-bangalore.

Will post a review soon. Just to assure, it was an absolute zero niggle ride. We were back at 1am today and no one had any signs of exhaustion. I drove the whole 1300 odd kms myself, and im as fresh as i can ever be.

Just posting few snaps..More on the way .
Attached Thumbnails
XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0424.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0480.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0485.jpg  

Last edited by mannubhai : 5th November 2011 at 18:14.
mannubhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 19:05   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Back from an awesome, trouble free, celebrity status ride . Bangalore-palakkad-kochi-palakkad-bangalore.

Will post a review soon. Just to assure, it was an absolute zero niggle ride. We were back at 1am today and no one had any signs of exhaustion. I drove the whole 1300 odd kms myself, and im as fresh as i can ever be.

Just posting few snaps..More on the way .
That is really reassuring. waiting for plenty of pics of the black mamba with the beautiful backdrops of kerala
dockap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 19:34   #139
Senior - BHPian

The second snap is a very nice one. Belated congratulations...and your vehicle looks great in black. I don't understand all the criticism about the front - looks very good in black.
nilanjanray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 19:51   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will post a review soon. Just to assure, it was an absolute zero niggle ride.
That's a good news. Just a suggestion - when you provide a link, please try to paste the "post" link & not the thread link which will take the user to the first page of the thread. You can get the post link by clickiing on the #postnumber on the right most top end of each post; in-case you don't know how to get it.

Looking forward to the report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
The second snap is a very nice one. Belated congratulations...and your vehicle looks great in black. I don't understand all the criticism about the front - looks very good in black.
Black actually hides a lot of details which makes the XUV look overdone. I guess the grey also is another shade which hides those whiskers & half grill etc. But guess a black car gets heated up big time in the afternoons!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th November 2011 at 19:54.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 07:47   #141
BHPian

Hi all, I took a TD of the XUV yesterday. The overall experience was great. However, I faced 2 issues in the car. There seems to be very noticeable engine vibrations coming somewhere just below the steering wheel at low rpms. Also in humps and potholes, the front suspension seems to make a lot of noise. Now I am seriously looking at this vehicle once bookings reopen. Can owners let me know if they too are facing similar issues?
nurni76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 11:52   #142
BHPian

To add on the FE has been extremely satisfying. I drove the initial 660 kms in Blore city and it clocked 9.9 kmpl milage.

The current ODO is 1900 kms, and the FE reads 13 kmpl. Means the last 1300 kms of highway drive has given me a milage of more than what the company claims !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Mannubhai,

Since your XUV already has a good projector lens based headlamp system (which is good for HID lamps) , you can consider upgrading the headlights to Xenon HID lamps + gear - I saw a few kits from Osram / Philips today and they are in the range of 10K for lamps + electronic ballast. It will be a huge upgrade in terms of the light levels.
We are planning on making this upgrade when we get delivery of our XUV too (End-November delivery!).

What other upgrades / addons are you planning for the Mamba..?

Regards,
Behemoth
My upgrade is going to be on the alloys only as of now. I have second thoughts on the Headlamps. I found them really good in the highways and in pitch black. But I for some reason find them little weak in the city drives where you have a 50% kind of dark scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Hey, I was there just last week for 3 days.

I can comment on that, drove that stretch twice last week. Palakkad to Coimbatore is ok, not an issue. But Coimbatore to Avinashi is a nightmare thanks to 4-lane construction.
Are you too a palakkadan ?
Oh yes, CBE- avinashi is a night mare. Add on to that I was caught in the TN side of walayar check post for a good 2 hours on the way back I have no clue why cant they have wider roads to ensure smooth pvt vehicle transport !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv View Post
Munnabhai, Congratulations! Your car looks fabulous. The black color does its bit to understate the front honeycomb work.

Following is from Autocar review:

"The big problem is the way the front-wheel-drive XUV500 behaves under hard acceleration. There’s a fair amount of torque steer when you floor the right pedal and on a loose surface, the steering kickback can be pretty vicious. Powering out of tight corners, the weight transfer to the rear wheels make the XUV’s steering go a bit woozy. Also, the 235/65-R17 tyres squeal without too much provocation and could do with more grip.

The XUV features disc brakes all around while ABS and EBD are standard across the range. What is slightly disconcerting, though, is the slightly wooden feel of the brake pedal in the first few millimetres of travel. But depress the brake pedal further down and you will realise the strong brakes are more than up to the task."

Did you observe this? What is your feel to it?
I have not faced the issue of steering kick back, nor any woozy feel around tight corners. I took it upto 160 kmph for a short stretch in the elevated highway, and the running was smooth,even in corners.

I have had no issues in the braking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Hi,
Did you find engaging the 1st & 2nd gear a little notchy/difficult?
I am finding the same in my XUV W8 that I took delivery of today and that too me is dissapointing !!!
Thankfully the electronics on my vehicle are behaving
Also, I found the drivability of the XUV extremely good (viz-a-viz a scorpio/safari/endy). Runs & handles really smooth.
cheers
1st & 2nd gear shifts and even at times 6th are bit notchy. Im told by the relationship guy that , i need to take it for service and get it corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's a good news. Just a suggestion - when you provide a link, please try to paste the "post" link & not the thread link which will take the user to the first page of the thread. You can get the post link by clickiing on the #postnumber on the right most top end of each post; in-case you don't know how to get it.

Looking forward to the report!

Black actually hides a lot of details which makes the XUV look overdone. I guess the grey also is another shade which hides those whiskers & half grill etc. But guess a black car gets heated up big time in the afternoons!
Thanks , Ill take care of the link aspect .

I was in palakkad and we had temp of 34 degrees outside. I parked my car in the hot sun for a good one hour , got back and with in no time the AC did the magic. I never felt the black adding to the heat issue. The AC is mighty powerful, even at just 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Hi all, I took a TD of the XUV yesterday. The overall experience was great. However, I faced 2 issues in the car. There seems to be very noticeable engine vibrations coming somewhere just below the steering wheel at low rpms. Also in humps and potholes, the front suspension seems to make a lot of noise. Now I am seriously looking at this vehicle once bookings reopen. Can owners let me know if they too are facing similar issues?
I feel it should have to do with the TD vehicle and rough handling by so many people. I have faced no such issues.
Attached Thumbnails
XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img00672201111051921.jpg  

Last edited by mannubhai : 6th November 2011 at 12:04.
Old 6th November 2011, 19:48   #143
BHPian

More Snaps....

Shot at Malampuzha Dam and the picturesque Anekkal road, in Palakkad.

Its a beautiful untapped scenic locale. FOr those coming from Coimbatore towards palakkad, you can take a right at "Kanjikode" and drive 7 kms in to reach this place.
Attached Thumbnails
XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0398.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0401.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0403.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0408.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0412.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0417.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0422.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0429.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0423.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0442.jpg  

mannubhai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 20:56   #144
Senior - BHPian

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the wonderful pics !

Has anybody used the 3rd row seats over your long distance stretches, if yes, how has been the experience ?

Wishing you many more happy miles in your five double O
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 21:30   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the wonderful pics !

Has anybody used the 3rd row seats over your long distance stretches, if yes, how has been the experience ?

Wishing you many more happy miles in your five double O
My daughter was in the 3rd row seat the whole drive back from Palakkad. I had used the other seat of 3rd row for luggage. She found it very comfortable and indeed ended up getting a good long deep sleep. She attended her school sports day next day.
mannubhai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 11:41   #146
BHPian

Few more snaps of the mamba ...
Attached Thumbnails
XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0466.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0463.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0462.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0484.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0430.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0440.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0453.jpg  

XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread-img_0474.jpg  

Old 8th November 2011, 13:21   #147
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Dear Manoj,

Congratulations for the new ride and being the first proud XUV owner on TBHP. A lot of folks (including me) are looking forward to hear regularly from your ownership experience.

I was eagerly waiting for your long-drive report. Kept my fingers crossed that there should not be any niggles.

After your 1300KM trip, the thread has a lot of happy photos and no complaints about anything. This is precisely how car ownership should be. You enjoy the place that you are visiting, without worrying about whether you car would perform adequately.

Have a happy long-term XUV ownership!
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 14:21   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Few more snaps of the mamba ...
Some nice pictures. The only problem is that car gets really dirty in the monsoons. Have you planned for any paint protection / anti rust underbody coating / polishing schemes ?
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 17:12   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Dear Manoj,

Congratulations for the new ride and being the first proud XUV owner on TBHP. A lot of folks (including me) are looking forward to hear regularly from your ownership experience.

I was eagerly waiting for your long-drive report. Kept my fingers crossed that there should not be any niggles.

After your 1300KM trip, the thread has a lot of happy photos and no complaints about anything. This is precisely how car ownership should be. You enjoy the place that you are visiting, without worrying about whether you car would perform adequately.

Have a happy long-term XUV ownership!
The report is pending. Shall do it asap. Its been a niggle free drive and im happy with the mamba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Some nice pictures. The only problem is that car gets really dirty in the monsoons. Have you planned for any paint protection / anti rust underbody coating / polishing schemes ?
I got Ultimate Detailerz do a detailing of the car including the paint protection. Anti-rust is pending.
Old 9th November 2011, 13:32   #150
BHPian

I had the DGM - Vehicle development and Sr Manager- Marketing from M&M visiting today to get a first hand feedback on my XUV.

An excellent initiative from Mahindra, probably the first of its kind, that reassures the commitment from M&M to customer satisfaction.

We had a good 1.5 hrs discussion across all spheres. Kudos to M&M team for such an initiative.