Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 19th November 2011, 00:59   #181
BANNED

Default Re: XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
I have a W6 model and I have it shod with Bridgestone tyres. So it really depends on the lot being manufactured and not the model.
thanx for the info, of all the vehicles i saw at Koncept motors only W8 had bridgestone so i thought, even tyres differ.
Mindgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2011, 01:03   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder
thanx for the info, of all the vehicles i saw at Koncept motors only W8 had bridgestone so i thought, even tyres differ.
You are welcome, also forgot to mention mine is early October mfg vehicle. Decoded it from the VIN and quality tags left in the vehicle.
anandtheleo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 16:54   #183
BHPian

Update.

The ODO is 2700 kms. Just completed a month in the Mamba. Has been awesome.

Got the vehicle for the service. The clutch has been smoothened, feels much better now. The gear oil was changed to synthetic. I think this is being done to all XUVs which has an issue in gear engagement. The gear shifting is smooth now.

wrt to the tyre which was punctured, they have given me a spare for the time being and have taken it to JK for a resolution. SHould get to hear from them in a day or 2.

Missed meeting falcon at the ASC. SHould catch up soon.

Keep seeing many XUVs on the road now, and there is a distinctive smile on the faces
mannubhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 17:26   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Update.

Got the vehicle for the service. The clutch has been smoothened, feels much better now. The gear oil was changed to synthetic. I think this is being done to all XUVs which has an issue in gear engagement. The gear shifting is smooth now.

wrt to the tyre which was punctured, they have given me a spare for the time being and have taken it to JK for a resolution. SHould get to hear from them in a day or 2.

Keep seeing many XUVs on the road now, and there is a distinctive smile on the faces
Good to know about the improvements after service.

But isn't the 1st service by 3 months or 4500-5000 kms? Your vehicle has fulfilled neither criteria, am confused.
Old 23rd November 2011, 18:55   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know about the improvements after service.

But isn't the 1st service by 3 months or 4500-5000 kms? Your vehicle has fulfilled neither criteria, am confused.
Anand, It was a repair due to get the gear and clutch smoother. Was due since the 1st week. This was not the 1st "service" from that parameter.
mannubhai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 19:02   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Anand, It was a repair due to get the gear and clutch smoother. Was due since the 1st week. This was not the 1st "service" from that parameter.
Ok. I too am feeling gears very hard, especially the 1st and 2nd gears. I got to know about the gear oil change and other updates from the Facebook updates and here in Team-bhp & I spoke to me RM about this and he checked some database (VIN's) and said that my vehicle already had these revisions done when the PDI was done by them. Not sure if I have to take it with a pinch of doubt.

Btw, what is your month of mfg, were you able to decode it?
Old 23rd November 2011, 19:12   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo

Ok. I too am feeling gears very hard, especially the 1st and 2nd gears. I got to know about the gear oil change and other updates from the Facebook updates and here in Team-bhp & I spoke to me RM about this and he checked some database (VIN's) and said that my vehicle already had these revisions done when the PDI was done by them. Not sure if I have to take it with a pinch of doubt.

Hi Anand,
Give the gearbox some time to settle in, it should become much smoother after first 1000 kms. The gear hardness has resolved 90% in the 550 kms covered so far in our XUV. The engine is also starting to bed in properly and has become a bit more responsive.
Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 19:17   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Anand,
Give the gearbox some time to settle in, it should become much smoother after first 1000 kms. The gear hardness has resolved 90% in the 550 kms covered so far in our XUV. The engine is also starting to bed in properly and has become a bit more responsive.
Regards,
Behemoth
Sure, thanks. I have done only 370 kms till now. Have planned a 350 kms trip to Pondicherry tomorrow. Will get to know the vehicle better during and after the trip.
anandtheleo is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 10:00   #189
BHPian

Quote:

Mine is August. I got delivery on 19/10 .
mannubhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 12:51   #190
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Guess what, I was talking to this friend of mine who offered to buy my XUV for 60K plus whatever I paid for the car .. And another friend wants to get me the X1 for 16Lacs on road (5-10 k run, showroom test car).

To do or not to do?

dMH
da MotorHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 12:58   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da MotorHead View Post
Hi Guys,
Guess what, I was talking to this friend of mine who offered to buy my XUV for 60K plus whatever I paid for the car .. And another friend wants to get me the X1 for 16Lacs on road (5-10 k run, showroom test car).

To do or not to do?

dMH
Very tempting indeed. Test drive, check the condition, model (diesel or petrol), warranty, service history, and if all is well an X1 that's done just 10K for 16 lac is without doubt a great VFM. Go ahead
SushilBajpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 13:05   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushilBajpai View Post
Very tempting indeed. Test drive, check the condition, model (diesel or petrol), warranty, service history, and if all is well an X1 that's done just 10K for 16 lac is without doubt a great VFM. Go ahead
Its a diesel X1.. Not worried about anything else , as I trust the gent who'd get me the car completely.. Plus he's employed with BMW. But I'm worried about the general upkeep and service costs..
da MotorHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 13:07   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

To do or not to do?

dMH
Great offers! I hope I get to have friends like these too.
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 13:15   #194
BANNED

Quote:
Update.

Congrats on your mamba !!
Nice to hear that she is performing well!!
Synthetic oil- Will it be it always?
Is it not going to be atleast 4 times costlier than 15w -40 CH4?
Was it done FOC?
Kindly clarify.

cheers
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 14:20   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Its a diesel X1.. Not worried about anything else , as I trust the gent who'd get me the car completely.. Plus he's employed with BMW. But I'm worried about the general upkeep and service costs..
Although I've never owned a BMW, I don't think the costs of service would be excessive. Although repairs (post accident or warranty) could be expensive. My suggestion would be to take a comprehensive zero-depreciation policy and an extended warranty. BMWs retain their resale value well and you should be able to recover most of your investment, as even after five years you should get very good value. A diesel X1 should hold the value even better.

My suggestion. Go for it

I fear we are off topic here, and you might like to start another thread, before we get ticked off.

Last edited by SushilBajpai : 29th November 2011 at 14:22.
SushilBajpai is offline   Reply With Quote