Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 29th November 2011, 14:34   #196
BHPian

Default Re: XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushilBajpai View Post
Although I've never owned a BMW, I don't think the costs of service would be excessive. Although repairs (post accident or warranty) could be expensive. My suggestion would be to take a comprehensive zero-depreciation policy and an extended warranty. BMWs retain their resale value well and you should be able to recover most of your investment, as even after five years you should get very good value. A diesel X1 should hold the value even better.

My suggestion. Go for it

I fear we are off topic here, and you might like to start another thread, before we get ticked off.
Thanks for your advise Sushil. Agree with you here .. Let me evaluate.
da MotorHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 16:12   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Ok. I too am feeling gears very hard, especially the 1st and 2nd gears. I got to know about the gear oil change and other updates from the Facebook updates and here in Team-bhp & I spoke to me RM about this and he checked some database (VIN's) and said that my vehicle already had these revisions done when the PDI was done by them.
Knowing the M&M CE for XUV, I would rather buy it. Again if you want to double check, you could check on new cars to be delivered after talking to RM.

Off-topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by da MotorHead View Post
And another friend wants to get me the X1 for 16Lacs on road (5-10 k run, showroom test car).
Quote:
Originally Posted by da MotorHead View Post
But I'm worried about the general upkeep and service costs..
PMing you my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushilBajpai View Post
Although I've never owned a BMW, I don't think the costs of service would be excessive.
We are diverting and diluting the discussion of XUV 500 ownership thread. I request all to take it to a different thread - may be a "What car" thread.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 29th November 2011 at 16:13.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 18:03   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Congrats on your mamba !!
Nice to hear that she is performing well!!
Synthetic oil- Will it be it always?
Is it not going to be atleast 4 times costlier than 15w -40 CH4?
Was it done FOC?
Kindly clarify.

cheers
Thanks
It was done FOC. Looks like they are doing it for all XUVs where we had issues on gear engaging.
mannubhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2011, 08:35   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post

Got the vehicle for the service. The clutch has been smoothened, feels much better now. The gear oil was changed to synthetic. I think this is being done to all XUVs which has an issue in gear engagement. The gear shifting is smooth now.
Congratulations on your stunner of an XUV.

I have an urgent and critical question.

Went to the stockyard to check the XUV 500 which is being allocated to me. following observation bothered me:

the ODO showed 114. On query, the mechanic mentioned that "your piece is a part of the 1st lot which had some gear issues, hence they drove these a little more in order to rectify the problem. The problem was of throw in gear and once the gear oil was changed the problem disappeared. the new lot isn't facing this problem."

the question: your post revealed that it might really be a 'first batch' niggle. How has your experience been? has the problem eased out? Is it technically a 'hard wiring' problem or it genuinely gets eased out with the new synthetic oil? (or do i insist on the new batch car?)

I am supposed to take a call by tomo morning. Your views (and others as well please) will be truely appreciated.

Thanks!
inomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2011, 12:57   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inomad View Post
Congratulations on your stunner of an XUV.

I have an urgent and critical question.

Went to the stockyard to check the XUV 500 which is being allocated to me. following observation bothered me:

the ODO showed 114. On query, the mechanic mentioned that "your piece is a part of the 1st lot which had some gear issues, hence they drove these a little more in order to rectify the problem. The problem was of throw in gear and once the gear oil was changed the problem disappeared. the new lot isn't facing this problem."

the question: your post revealed that it might really be a 'first batch' niggle. How has your experience been? has the problem eased out? Is it technically a 'hard wiring' problem or it genuinely gets eased out with the new synthetic oil? (or do i insist on the new batch car?)

I am supposed to take a call by tomo morning. Your views (and others as well please) will be truely appreciated.

Thanks!
I had issues on gear engaging. The lever would also pop back at times after putting in 1st/2nd/6th . I have changed the gear oil to synthetic and the problem has not appeared since. It looks rectified.

The gear falls in smoothly now and stays put.

114 ODO should not worry you IMHO. Most cars are delivered at +100 in ODO.
mannubhai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2011, 13:15   #201
BHPian

Quote:
I had issues on gear engaging. The lever would also pop back at times after putting in 1st/2nd/6th . I have changed the gear oil to synthetic and the problem has not appeared since. It looks rectified.

That's very comforting! I was just worried a lil extra bit, because there have been so many to and fros in terms of date of delivery from their end. Infact the M&M customer portal infact issued me a order number and date of delivery earlier... which now stands altered by a margin of 2000 (advanced it). I was worried, whether that batch had some issues and they are trying to push that lot to people who want to take the delivery early.

thanks again. Im taking a TD of the vehicle today - that should porve to be a decider
Old 5th December 2011, 17:51   #202
BHPian

Good news for those waiting :

from the XUV FB page :

Mahindra XUV500
We’re happy and excited to announce that bookings for the XUV500 are re-opening in January 2012. The actual date, and opening of new cities for booking will be announced in due course. We look forward to your continued enthusiasm for the XUV500. Thanks.
mannubhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 11:36   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

have you put up any of the team-bhp stickers on the Mamba yet?
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 12:15   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
have you put up any of the team-bhp stickers on the Mamba yet?
IronH4WK; I had heard of targeted headhunting (for hiring). But you have taken it a step further to targeted carhunting.
Sugeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 12:30   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
IronH4WK; I had heard of targeted headhunting (for hiring). But you have taken it a step further to targeted carhunting.
hehe.. nothing like that. just curious

let me rephrase that:

nahi behenji.. aisa nahi hai

Last edited by IronH4WK : 8th December 2011 at 12:33.
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 12:45   #206
BHPian

Quote:
hehe.. nothing like that. just curious

let me rephrase that:

nahi behenji.. aisa nahi hai

Hawk Bhaiya, Tum Delhi aao to sahi.

Off Topic : Sorry Mannubhai.

Mannubhai, good to see you are enjoying the XUV. It sure is a headturner here in Delhi. Get the stickers pronto so that TBHP resident spotting champ Hawkji can shoot you soon.
Sugeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 13:08   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

i think he'll take time to respond because he's out (at a client's place maybe?). here, let me break the suspense! ta da!

Name:  IMG_0127.JPG
Views: 10447
Size:  118.3 KB

apologies for the quality; shot from across the road using a phone cam (my SLRs battery drained out this morning). also, i had to walk about a km (to and fro) to come out after parking my car, take the picture and head back to my cubicle.

party to banta hai!
IronH4WK is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 08:36   #208
BHPian

Quote:

Thanksamuch Mannubhai! the TD just rinsed the few stains of doubt. The drive is fantastic, loving the maneuverability and the 'calm like a bomb' engine.

will post a initial experience soon.

Cheers!

inomad
Old 9th December 2011, 11:35   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Hawk Bhaiya, Tum Delhi aao to sahi.

Off Topic : Sorry Mannubhai.

Mannubhai, good to see you are enjoying the XUV. It sure is a headturner here in Delhi. Get the stickers pronto so that TBHP resident spotting champ Hawkji can shoot you soon.
Looks like " aap ki farmaish,sar aankhon par" ... You wanted and hawk did it .

Quote:
i think he'll take time to respond because he's out (at a client's place maybe?). here, let me break the suspense! ta da!

apologies for the quality; shot from across the road using a phone cam (my SLRs battery drained out this morning). also, i had to walk about a km (to and fro) to come out after parking my car, take the picture and head back to my cubicle.

party to banta hai!
Party to definitely banta hai hawk . Im mighty impressed. Thats dedication to a cause called spotting. As I mentioned in the sticker thread " you should get into UFO spotting. May be you will spot them hovering over bangalore and click them too " To having taken all the pain to walk out and click the mamba, Im overjoyed ..Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by inomad View Post
Thanksamuch Mannubhai! the TD just rinsed the few stains of doubt. The drive is fantastic, loving the maneuverability and the 'calm like a bomb' engine.

will post a initial experience soon.

Cheers!

inomad
Cheers . Awaiting an ownership report soon ..
mannubhai is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 12:42   #210
Team-BHP Support

I must say Mannubhai, your Mamba looks stunning here. I love the stance and the vibe you get when you look at it. And the Live-To-Drive sticker looks fantastic. But I will say it again Sir, your Mamba needs beefier shoes.

In my opinion, I believe that the XUV-500 looks best in black and with some nice aftermarket wheels and chunky tyres. Boy, that would blow your mind when you see it on the road. And it will happen sooner rather than later, I'm hoping.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote