Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 4th January 2012, 01:48   #226
BHPian

Default Re: XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Plssssssss dont motivate me , pls dont :(

I went to India Garage today morning for a tyre replacement. As they were doing it, couldnt resist to check the sporty alloy again. Had to force myself out of the temptation from buying it. Im walking the thread , u see . Having said that, i know i need to change . I hope soon

Well - you guys can say that am completely a rookie here :( . I am more of a Royal Enfield RIder than a car driver.
One simple question - have seen many alloys where it gives an illusion that it rotates clockwise & anticlock wise; when you change the speed of vehicle.
I mean, it gives an impression that it just changes the revolution cycle.

What is all that ?
Is it alloy specific (as I have seen some alloys not giving that feel) ?

Most importantly - will I be able to get that effect if I get M&M sporty alloys ?
naveenchhillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 07:12   #227
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Well - you guys can say that am completely a rookie here :( . I am more of a Royal Enfield RIder than a car driver.
One simple question - have seen many alloys where it gives an illusion that it rotates clockwise & anticlock wise; when you change the speed of vehicle.

What is all that ?

Most importantly - will I be able to get that effect if I get M&M sporty alloys ?
OT, but I think you are talking about wheels seen on TV. As you know, the video that we see is actually a series of photos. If you mark a particular spoke of the alloy by a different colour, depending on the speed of the car, subsequent photos (of the video) can show the coloured spoke to be in a position behind its position as compared to an earlier photo, thereby creating an illusion that the wheel is rotating in the opposite direction.

This happens only when watching videos and not when watching the car in real life.

I hope you are talking about this and I further hope that the explanation helps.

Last edited by SDP : 4th January 2012 at 07:14.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 10:09   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Mannubhai, since you have been using the XUV for quite a while, can you please share how much mileage you are getting? Also how accurate is the mileage display on the infoscreen?
Honestly I'm not too much of a mileage centric person. Hence I do not change the setting of display for each drive. Currently shows 13 in the info. But thats a mix of Highway plus city driving. My best mileage was 15 in highways. But its not done its 1st service yet, which would better the mileage imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post

What is all that ?

Isn't that an optical illusion ? Physics guys can probably answer it better. Always bunked that period
mannubhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 11:06   #229
BHPian

Could someone who has driven the XUV for for some time share their views on the maintained quality of the interiors? Whether there is rattling of any sort or discoloring?
bhatiagagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 12:24   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
OT,

This happens only when watching videos and not when watching the car in real life.

I hope you are talking about this and I further hope that the explanation helps.
I think I have seen it in realtime as well. I know it is an illusion only but, that's how those spokes are created - to create that illusion.

Isn't it ?
naveenchhillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 13:33   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatiagagan View Post
Could someone who has driven the XUV for for some time share their views on the maintained quality of the interiors? Whether there is rattling of any sort or discoloring?
Two and a half months down the line, interiors remain clean. No discoloring.

I have not had any rattling either till now .
mannubhai is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 20:06   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatiagagan View Post
A friend's friend (actually two friends) who have bought XUV top variant last month have been complaining about Electrical problems. wanted to know if this is a 'Syndrome' or one off situation.

I know, the Scorpio's top variant had auto sensor and few other electrical problems.
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 20:20   #233
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
A friend's friend (actually two friends) who have bought XUV top variant last month have been complaining about Electrical problems. wanted to know if this is a 'Syndrome' or one off situation.

I know, the Scorpio's top variant had auto sensor and few other electrical problems.
Electrical problems is a very broad term.
Can you be more specific about the electrical problems that your friends are facing?
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 17:23   #234
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 10th August 2012 at 16:39.
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 16th January 2012, 14:38   #235
BHPian

The Mamba goes in for the 1st service tomorrow.

Points to be checked/rectified :

1) The LHS front door has a lock issue.
2) Slight grinding noise from brakes at slow speeds
3)The RHS head lamp throw, which gives me a big dark spot.

Then the usual stuff to be covered in 1st service. They would pick up and drop the car back.
mannubhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 18:03   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post

What about the plastic on the XUV...has it held its ground? Any signs of rattling or discoloring ? Could you please check with you friend

Quote:
Two and a half months down the line, interiors remain clean. No discoloring.

I have not had any rattling either till now .
Thank you for this information...this was one concern I had...

Last edited by benbsb29 : 31st January 2012 at 05:07. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Plz use the Edit button if posting within 30 mins of previous post.
bhatiagagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 11:53   #237
BHPian

Quote:
The Mamba goes in for the 1st service tomorrow.

Points to be checked/rectified :

1) The LHS front door has a lock issue.
2) Slight grinding noise from brakes at slow speeds
3)The RHS head lamp throw, which gives me a big dark spot.

Then the usual stuff to be covered in 1st service. They would pick up and drop the car back.
Hi Manoj,

Please can you share your 1st service experience @ India Garage ? Keen to understand how good are the engineers to acknowledge niggling issues (if you had any). I mean, would they really give a ear or just shoo it away saying, thats common in all XUVs, thats by design, even brand new ones have it in them, you can ignore that noise, it won't harm a bit etc. ?

Charan

Note from TBHP Support : Please avoid posting using excessive dots. Kindly go through the TBHP posting rules.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 31st January 2012 at 05:10. Reason: See note in post.
charan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 22:56   #238

Hi Guys,
Booked Xuv 500 on 25th Jan itself(Pearl white, W8 2wd) at India garage. keeping my finger crossed for the draw day.
arunmshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2012, 11:39   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmshenoy View Post
Hi Guys,
Booked Xuv 500 on 25th Jan itself(Pearl white, W8 2wd) at India garage. keeping my finger crossed for the draw day.

An OT, although relevant, 5900 XUVs booked within 2 days of reopening the bookings. M&M has hit a jackpot.

Mahindra to raise XUV 500 production capacity to 3000 units a month | CarTrade.com
forbhaskarm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2012, 23:25   #240

Mumbai, February 7, 2012: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), India’s leading SUV manufacturer, today announced that it has received an overwhelming 25000+ booking applications from customers for the second phase of bookings for its XUV500. Bookings for the XUV500 had re-opened on 25th January across 19 cities in India namely Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh / Panchkula, Ludhiana, Jallandhar, Patiala, Kochi, Trivandrum, Calicut, Trissur, Coimbatore, Nagpur and Nasik. During the first phase of launch in October 2011, the XUV500 had received 8000+ bookings in just 10 days across 5 cities.
The second phase of bookings were open for 10 days from 25th January till 3rd February 2012. As a customer-centric measure and to ensure fair and transparent allotment, Mahindra will undertake an XUV500 draw since the booking applications have exceeded 7200 in the second phase. This will also ensure a reasonable waiting period for the customers selected in the XUV500 draw. The draw process will be validated by the professional services firm, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India Pvt. Ltd (DTTIPL)* as per mutually agreed scope & terms between M&M and DTTIPL. Details of the draw process have been announced on the brand website, Mahindra XUV500 | Price, Review, Videos, Test Drive, Photos and Specifications | Latest SUV in India.
arunmshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote