Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 20th October 2011, 11:22   #61
BHPian

Default Re: XUV-500 .The Mamba .. First Ownership Thread

Thank you all again for all the messages. Havent yet got a chance to take the cheetah on a prawl yet..As of now its a docile domesticated bangalore city cat. Hope to unleash the mamba this weekend and be back with loads of snaps and a detailed long drive report. Interior pics would be put by tomo. Apologies for the delay as work has kept me tied to click it on some good light.

To answer the few queries posted ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Congratulations Mannubhai! Black looks awesome! Wishing you many miles of safe and adventurous driving!

By the way, are the alloys 17 inchers? Looks kind of small.

The W6 doesnt have alloys. I would upgrade soon.On the lookout for the M&M alloys first but the stock hasnt reached yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishygk View Post
Congratulations on getting the black cheetah! Is 13.25 OTR inclusive of insurance (you mentioned you got your own)?
13.25 is OTR inclusive of the insurance as i took it outside using up the no claim bonus of my Indigo. The dealer quotes are humongous and many have been telling that dealers are insisting on their insurance for faster processing. I did not face that issue, as i was clear at the time of booking itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The XUV500, in black, is a stunning piece of kit! The colour hides all those faux slats and slits on the bumper, and gives it a very purposeful and strong stance. It's a great looking SUV, this.

But the wheels and tyres just don't do any justice to the car at all! Please do something about it! Larger wheels and wider tyres will enhance the way the car looks a great deal!

Congratulations!

The alloys should be in sooner than later, hopefully . Actually the tyres in flesh looks pretty monstrous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Congrats Manu bhai for your new XUV. It does look smashing in black. Wow its a great buy.

Looking forward to hear more from you. How does it feel in the city bumper to bumper traffic? Does the clutch feel heavy in such conditions? Also i have heard that the brakes do not have the punch, what are your observations?
The clutch is pretty heavy and is giving me a huge kick back. Have pointed out to the Relationship Manager ( they have an exclusive guy who is your single point contact ) . Brakes are really good, no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Munnabhai Congrats! Go ahead drive, and post your initial experience for some of us who would like to pick up a few browny's from your experience. Whats the OE tyres you got with the W6? BS Dueller HT?

Congrats once again and drive safe!!!
My stock tyres are JK Elanza though I wanted BS. They could not manage it. It comes with both options, but they are not giving you a choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Many Congratulations Mannubhai, i remember you were looking to buy a safari, good choice in going for the Xuv considering the level of equipment and more modern design. Calls for a party and a drive

Mannubhai is missing from action, i guess the XUV is keeping him busy
Safari LX to an XUV was a real jump. Im happy having taken that decision. I wish the XUV was keeping me busy, sadly the XUV is not.. Work is
mannubhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 11:26   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
EDIT: Behemoth, what booked one already? So, now its the Civic, the Yeti and shortly this monster that would occupy your garage. Man, what an envious garage you've got!
Yup, we booked one too! W6 FWD.. but this one will most likely replace the Civic, as the Civic is becoming too expensive to run (fuel costs!)

Mannubhai is the luckiest to get it very early, as he booked it first day first show! Others like us have been given delivery periods in the range of 4-6 months and many others who don't even have delivery confirmation.

Last edited by Behemoth : 20th October 2011 at 11:29.
Behemoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 11:31   #63
BHPian

It is a beast. And what a lovely beast to have in your garage! I had seen White & Red beasts on Pune roads. And this is the black one on forum. Looks great in all colors. Definitely a winner from Mahindra. Congratulations. Do update us with your ownership report.
Panko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 11:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Mannubhai. The black(I believe) XUV500 looks cute.How about the drive comfort and FE? Yes you are right all our SUV manufacturers never think of the luggage of the 7 passengers, At least they may provide a closed luggage carrier on the top at least as an option. Even the intercity buses are having the provision of carrying a truck load on the top and the dickies every where on the three sides.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 11:39   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Thank you all again for all the messages. Havent yet got a chance to take the cheetah on a prawl yet..As of now its a docile domesticated bangalore city cat. Hope to unleash the mamba this weekend and be back with loads of snaps and a detailed long drive report. Interior pics would be put by tomo. Apologies for the delay as work has kept me tied to click it on some good light.
A big big congrats to you sir for your purchase. And after seeing the pictures and reviews of this vehicle all over the net, I think it was the right thing to do to upgrade your buying choice from the Safari/scorpio to the XUV 500. I just have a question regarding the FWD layout. The XUV is a long and heavy vehicle, so do u get wheel spin when starting off from 1st gear or when cornering a little hard? Also when dealing with inclines, how is the grip level? Any info regarding this issue would be of immense help.

I am asking this question on my friends behalf who lives in the hills of Darjeeling where the roads are quite steep. He has already booked a scorpio SLE and is seriously considering changing his booking to the FWD XUV.

Also can you do a break up of the OTR price please?

ex-showroom price =
Road tax=
Insurance=
other expenses =
Total On road price = 13.25 lakhs

Thanking you in advance, amrish

Last edited by amrisharm : 20th October 2011 at 11:44.
amrisharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 11:51   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Safari LX to an XUV was a real jump. Im happy having taken that decision. I wish the XUV was keeping me busy, sadly the XUV is not.. Work is
Definately a wise decision considering the decade old platform and the breand new monocoque construction, which makes it behave like a sedan, I just wish there could be a little more space for some amount of luggage with 7 seats.

We should take the Mamba & Nightfury (My Manza) on the prowl together sometime
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 13:11   #67
BHPian

Congrats MannuBhai. Its a tamed beast and very luxurious one as well. Price looks very tempting, does it have an Auto Transmission variant?

Just a quick question, is this the same mHawk engine in Scorpio that has been tuned?
ikoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 13:35   #68
BHPian

@ Manubhai
Bravo! So, we now have the first of a new breed. Dawn of a new era. TO me, this vehicle is a paradigm shift in Mahindra's history. Super product, great VFM and not so bad (acceptable) quality levels.

The only colour I would buy this is black. Maybe I am the minority here but I, for one, don't like the front wierd design and black colour almost completely conceals it.

Quick suggestion for accessories m(in order of preference):

1. Macho Bull bar for front bumper.
2. Side 'climb up' accessory used for getting onti the vehicle (dunno what is it called)
3. Big 'mirror type' thing at the back.
4. Alloys
5. Thule roof rails (actually I haven't found Thule designs that great. In India, anything 'firang' is good). You can easily get a better looking design for less that half it's cost.

Congrats for the beast.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 20th October 2011 at 13:37.
Abhi_Automobile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 13:37   #69
BHPian

@Mannubhai : Congratulations on your leap of faith! I hope the mamba lives up to your expectations.
I would sincerely request you to post periodic updates about your ownership experience.
viper_711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 13:44   #70
BHPian

Your black mamba is definetly a beast. Looking forward to a detailed ownership review with lots of pics. Congratulations !
heman_369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 14:06   #71
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mannubhai

This is indeed a fast one.

Pls post a much more detailed view and driving experience. Hope you get time for a second detailed photoshoot on the weekend.

The 35K alloys and 11k side step that they have as a accessories would do real well with the W6, other things can wait.

The XUV deliveries have kicked off fast and we can see a good number on the roads this early (compared to Fortuner and Aria in the first month of their launch).

Black and other dark colours look the best to me.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 15:05   #72
BANNED

Quote:

The clutch is pretty heavy and is giving me a huge kick back. Have pointed out to the Relationship Manager ( they have an exclusive guy who is your single point contact ) . Brakes are really good, no issues.

thanks for the first review of XUV, please do let us know what do they say about the clutch, in my TD i wheel spinned to clutch being springy.
Although in my linea diesel clutch is very light.

I am considering XUV W8 for booking, however i wish there is no second version with better clutch coming later. So if they can suggest a solution do let us know.
Mindgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 15:20   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
thanks for the first review of XUV, please do let us know what do they say about the clutch, in my TD i wheel spinned to clutch being springy.
Although in my linea diesel clutch is very light.

I am considering XUV W8 for booking, however i wish there is no second version with better clutch coming later. So if they can suggest a solution do let us know.
I hope by the time the bookings re-open, all the minor niggles wuld have been taken care of and may be some changes after customer feedback.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 16:45   #74

Congrats..!! looks great in Black, you are right this probably is the best combination of power style and features from all the SUV's and with a killer price..!!
abhi_k007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 19:54   #75
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Mannubhai and wish you many million miles in this baby! Black looks delectable. My personal favourite is grey, though, and if I ever buy this, that will probably be the shade of choice!

Am keeping a close eye on this thread. Bit disconcerting that you have already started experiencing some niggles- that was my main concern where M&M is concerned and I hope they get resolved soon.

Are you planning any long drives soon? Would like to hear your impressions of this on the open road!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote