Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2011, 02:32   #46
BHPian
 
magikrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MH-01
Posts: 441
Thanked: 80 Times
Default re: 1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
The ICE is loaded with sat nav,bluetooth and array features.The sound output is just average.Took her to an audio installer and he said replacing the speakers wont enhance the sound quality,he said there is only tow Rca out an nothing much can be done.So I can live with it since I am not selling my superb and its got an awesome setup in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Regarding the ICE upgrade,the oem is awesome,supports divx formats and the Ipod connectivity is flawless.I will add an amplifier and powerful speakers and tweeters.
Congrats! wish you thousands of safe and trouble free and fun filled miles!

the car looks fabulous in white!

I am almost decided on booking the XUV 500 but the ICE issue is almost a deal breaker for me.. as I intend to have a good ICE on my next car. and music is very important to me being a musician myself.

so I hope by installing good amps and powerful speakers and sub you get a good result. by the way how are the audio settings working... I mean if you play around the settings and adjust the Bass and Treble, can you achieve a decent sound, as in the bass and clarity, as the HU is going to be the same and only the speakers can be changed. also do let us know about the speakers and amps option you are getting which works and can be installed on the XUV without any issues. and also what deal are you getting on them.

also can you please tell about the vip number? how much does such a number cost?

there is also a mention by many people about the steering rod hitting the feet while turning. is it disturbing in any way? and also since you are used to driving and AT box, hows the driving experience in city traffic? do you need to change the gears frequently? as I was considering and had almost made up my mind on buying only an AT car as my next until the XUV showed up.

thanks and happy revving!

Last edited by magikrider : 7th November 2011 at 02:34.
magikrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 10:59   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,803
Thanked: 1,347 Times
Default re: 1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Kedar!

Hows the Satin White beast doing so far? Did you do the Goa trip or not? If yes, start a travelogue if you can.
ajay_satpute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 12:03   #48
BHPian
 
neil.jericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore / Coc
Posts: 757
Thanked: 1,347 Times
Default re: 1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up

I love the green colour that the XUV comes in but like some of the others the white is starting to grow on me. Loved the vehicle except for the reflective bit on the dash. Have you found any way to avoid that (besides the polaroids) ? Is it a problem in the night?
neil.jericho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 14:11   #49
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NOIDA/Gurgaon
Posts: 83
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: 1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
As Manson stated in his review,The plastic reflection is all over the windscreen.I used my oakley polaroid sunglasses and the reflection dissapeared.

They packed the extra Key in a nice small black box,which was quite impressive.

Kedar: Very happy for you Sir, and such a pleasure to have three different colors on the forum. Waiting for your detailed review post the Goa Trip. Just two quick questions:

1. Manson mentioned in his review that the LEDs in front look impressive, but they are not daytime running lamps- DRLs. Whats the difference? I saw your pics and indeed the lamps are on during daytime without headlights being ON. Please elaborate if you can.

2. The sound quality on the stock ICE aint too great, its average IMHO, can this be changed at all using AMP and subwoofers and can you throw some details on whats your take on this aspect?

Happy Xuviing Bro! Its a stunner! maybe the camera has done more than enough justice to a not-so-photogenic car for once!
Infiniti.Rahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 15:17   #50
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,702
Thanked: 7,596 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
1. Manson mentioned in his review that the LEDs in front look impressive, but they are not daytime running lamps- DRLs. Whats the difference? I saw your pics and indeed the lamps are on during daytime without headlights being ON. Please elaborate if you can.
I wanted to ask the exact same question. Is there a separate control for operating the LEDs?

Kedar, please share your experience from the Goa drive. During TD, I found the ride to be slightly rough on not-so-good road at 10-15kmph speeds. What's your take?
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 18:42   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 634 Times
Default re: 1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
2. The sound quality on the stock ICE aint too great, its average IMHO, can this be changed at all using AMP and subwoofers and can you throw some details on whats your take on this aspect?
You can always go ahead and change the speakers to better comps and add an Amp and sub to it, it will improve the sound but not to great extent. For real ICE "kidda" people (like Me), you either need to change the HU to a better one, or play safe and add a sound processor to it.

As for me, i am adding a sound processor so that the warranty is not touched and i get to use the steering controls as well. Rest all speakers will be changed to comps and will add 2 amps and a sub (all already bought just waiting for the car).
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 19:47   #52
BHPian
 
naveenchhillar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rohtak-Noida
Posts: 129
Thanked: 31 Times
Default re: 1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
You can always go ahead and change the speakers to better comps and add an Amp and sub to it, it will improve the sound but not to great extent. For real ICE "kidda" people (like Me), you either need to change the HU to a better one, or play safe and add a sound processor to it.

As for me, i am adding a sound processor so that the warranty is not touched and i get to use the steering controls as well. Rest all speakers will be changed to comps and will add 2 amps and a sub (all already bought just waiting for the car).
What is a Sound Processor & how does it help in improving the quality.
My current car has Pioneer 2510 speaker, can they fit in the doors of XUV ?

Note: This is my first post in this forum. However, have been regularly following all threads related to Classic 500 Royal Enfield (as I own one) & XUV (looking for bookings to open).
naveenchhillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 22:18   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 634 Times
Default re: 1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I wanted to ask the exact same question. Is there a separate control for operating the LEDs?

Kedar, please share your experience from the Goa drive. During TD, I found the ride to be slightly rough on not-so-good road at 10-15kmph speeds. What's your take?
The LED's on XUV are not DRL's but actually parking lights. This is mentioned in the brochure as well and also if you look at the picks, you can see that parking lights are on while taking the pics (look at the rear lights) hence LED's are "ON".
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 22:59   #54
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,702
Thanked: 7,596 Times
Default re: 1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
The LED's on XUV are not DRL's but actually parking lights. This is mentioned in the brochure as well and also if you look at the picks, you can see that parking lights are on while taking the pics (look at the rear lights) hence LED's are "ON".
What a waste! I don't understand the thought behind such a design. How much of an rewiring effort would it have been to have the LEDs on a separate circuit with a separate control to operate.

Last edited by SDP : 8th November 2011 at 23:11.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2011, 16:31   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,565
Thanked: 1,175 Times
Default re: 1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
What is a Sound Processor & how does it help in improving the quality.
My current car has Pioneer 2510 speaker, can they fit in the doors of XUV ?

Note: This is my first post in this forum. However, have been regularly following all threads related to Classic 500 Royal Enfield (as I own one) & XUV (looking for bookings to open).
Sound processor is that which adds channels, Dolby Prologic, Surround etc to your HU. This can be used on aftermarket HUs and on also stock HUs. Since it is next to impossible to replace the stock HU in XUV5oo, this sound processor will work with the Stock HU to give you a high quality output. Attaching a photo of a pioneer sound processor which will set you back by around 20,000/- with bill and warranty.

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-1296805217l_deqp7650.jpg
scopriobharath is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 09:35   #56
BHPian
 
nipun dhingra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: amritsar
Posts: 42
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Can u check whether the infotainment system play divx video files from a USB?
nipun dhingra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 00:25   #57
BHPian
 
f@lcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 40
Thanked: 20 Times
Default re: 1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipun dhingra View Post
Can u check whether the infotainment system play divx video files from a USB?
Yes we can play videos from USB .I tried it in my XUV only .avi, .divix extension files are recognized.
f@lcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 09:06   #58
BHPian
 
nikhileshgrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Kedar, what was the odo reading before starting the Goa trip. I plan to drive my W8 from Delhi to Bangalore after taking delivery and am concerned about engine run in. Did you maintain any specific speed limits up to certain kms? Can you please share a report of the trip?

Thanks,

Nikhil
nikhileshgrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 17:00   #59
BHPian
 
naveenchhillar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rohtak-Noida
Posts: 129
Thanked: 31 Times
Default re: 1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Sound processor is that which adds channels, Dolby Prologic, Surround etc to your HU. This can be used on aftermarket HUs and on also stock HUs. Since it is next to impossible to replace the stock HU in XUV5oo, this sound processor will work with the Stock HU to give you a high quality output. Attaching a photo of a pioneer sound processor which will set you back by around 20,000/- with bill and warranty.

Attachment 839761
Thanks for this valuable suggestion. However, would like to know the "decent" brands available & for how much. I can get it from US (someone is coming from there in next month or so).
Thanks in advance.
naveenchhillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 17:19   #60
BHPian
 
kedarwalke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 438
Thanked: 459 Times
Default

Goa-mum in 8hrs30mins....will reach home andpost the detailed review.overall xuvi was fantabulous!!
kedarwalke is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Autobiography of a Mahindra XUV500 - Satin White dhanushmenon Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 95 29th June 2017 23:16
Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD - 90,000 kms review TheIndian Long-Term Ownership Reviews 51 26th June 2017 15:41
Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD: My Pet Purple Cheetah J.Ravi Long-Term Ownership Reviews 685 14th June 2017 20:49
My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD - Going with the heart Stryker Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 46 13th February 2017 20:23
XUV500 W8 FWD Satin White: Buying experince and initial ownership f@lcon Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 58 21st February 2012 22:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:40.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks