Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2013, 19:40   #121
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,427
Thanked: 6,375 Times
Default re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 95k kms of happy ownership, a 2nd Micra joins the family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
...Here is the story so far

1 The car has completed 20000 km and is running fine. No rattles, no issues except one

2. Key light shows up in cluster once in a while.

...Two days later the issue reoccurs,

...3 days later the issue reappears. Again car is back in workshop.

...The car runs fine for another 7 days.

3. A month later had an unfortunate accident.

...Total bill 1300/-

4. Few days later a safari owner overtakes too close to my car...

5. Discussed the issue of key light in cluster with sterling nissan guys, Even they seem clue less. The issue is yet to reoccur.

6. There are some paint corrosion marks on car roof. ( Is birds dropping the culprit?) Read it some where that birds droppings are not corrosive.

Attachment 1042658
Bad times!! Hope your car comes out of all troubles and run healthy for miles.

I am NOT sure bird droppings can cause such an amount of corrosion. I know the place (where the droppings fall) becomes rough & slightly de-colorise, but not to the extent I see on your car's roof.

And did you say the total bill after the first accident was 1300/- ? Or is it a typo? Windshield replacement can NOT be this cheap right?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 19:47   #122
BHPian
 
bravo82in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ND-75
Posts: 163
Thanked: 241 Times
Default re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 95k kms of happy ownership, a 2nd Micra joins the family!

@swiftnfurious
1. If birds dropping is not the cause, then is the body and paint quality really that poor? I see no other reason for corrosion

2. Rs 1300/- is the bill after insurance claim. I am yet to get the windshield replaced. Must be in the range of 7000-8000/-
bravo82in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 20:35   #123
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,427
Thanked: 6,375 Times
Default re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 95k kms of happy ownership, a 2nd Micra joins the family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
@swiftnfurious
1. If birds dropping is not the cause, then is the body and paint quality really that poor? I see no other reason for corrosion
I wanted to write that as well, missed it. How is the paint quality in Micra? If it's very thin, it (bird dropping) could be the reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
2. Rs 1300/- is the bill after insurance claim. I am yet to get the windshield replaced. Must be in the range of 7000-8000/-
You should not have agreed to those guys (on windshield argument)! Since you have already used the insurance claim, it just doesn't make sense to replace it completely at your own costs.

One idea is to go to some other windshield experts (professional guys) and get this replaced under warranty (some of them do have tie ups) or use another Nissan A$$ (if you have) saying some coconut or some stones or cricket playing kids broke it. Or you can even go to another state (when you visit your relatives), take the car to a Nissan A$$ there and your risk of meeting the same supervisor from the insurance company is minimal!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th January 2013 at 20:37.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 23:04   #124
Senior - BHPian
 
thoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,749
Thanked: 1,073 Times
Default re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 95k kms of happy ownership, a 2nd Micra joins the family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
The car has completed 20000 km and is running fine. No rattles, no issues except one
Hi, bravo82in. The minor nicks apart, those are fantastic fuel efficiency figures you get. I guess you have had the 20,000 km service. Could you please share with us the service costs for the same also?

Last edited by thoma : 26th January 2013 at 23:07.
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 13:23   #125
BHPian
 
bravo82in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ND-75
Posts: 163
Thanked: 241 Times
Default re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 95k kms of happy ownership, a 2nd Micra joins the family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
How is the paint quality in Micra? .............

One idea is to go to some other windshield experts (professional guys) ..............
meeting the same supervisor from the insurance company is minimal!
Micras paint quality isnt great, very prone to scratches. I guess that was the reason for corrosion.

Spoke to windshield experts, they repair it under insurance cover.
I can take it to another city, and chances of meeting the same supervisor are nill but since the claim is rejected ones, wont the company be having records??

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Could you please share with us the service costs for the same also?
Service cost was close to Rs 3500/-. It included routine oil and filter changes. I think its on a lower side vis--vis other cars in the segment.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 18:06   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
thoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,749
Thanked: 1,073 Times
Default re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 95k kms of happy ownership, a 2nd Micra joins the family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Service cost was close to Rs 3500/-. It included routine oil and filter changes. I think its on a lower side vis--vis other cars in the segment.
Great. I didn't believe the sales adviser at the Nissan dealership, when he told that on an average, the service cost comes to 2-2.5k. He then quoted the price of the mirror (not the assembly) to be just 150/-. Whereas, my Baleno's mirror costs 10 times the amount.

Moreover, I guess Nissan vehicles are low on maintenance incidents. Can you provide the service cost break-up if available.
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 02:00   #127
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,427
Thanked: 6,375 Times
Default re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 95k kms of happy ownership, a 2nd Micra joins the family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
...but since the claim is rejected ones, wont the company be having records??
Not sure! But I think you can take a risk. Or how much time do you have to renew your insurance? Try another provider (if the renewal is soon) and do a claim. There are lots of agents who do NOT bother to check your car while renewing insurance. So you are bound to get thru.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2013, 20:36   #128
BHPian
 
bravo82in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ND-75
Posts: 163
Thanked: 241 Times
Default re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 95k kms of happy ownership, a 2nd Micra joins the family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Not sure! But I think you can take a risk. Or how much time do you have to renew your insurance? Try another provider (if the renewal is soon) and do a claim. There are lots of agents who do NOT bother to check your car while renewing insurance. So you are bound to get thru.
Thats true, many companies dont get a physical inspection done if one is renewing from zero dep insurance. However my next renewal is due in last week of Oct, a long journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Can you provide the service cost break-up if available.
Here you are
Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 95k kms of happy ownership, a 2nd Micra joins the family!-micra_service_bill1.jpg

Please deduct sr no 1 2 & 3 (~ Rs 2000/-), not a part of routine service.
Sr no 4(~ Rs 3700/-) is the actual service bill
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2013, 20:49   #129
Senior - BHPian
 
thoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,749
Thanked: 1,073 Times
Default re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 95k kms of happy ownership, a 2nd Micra joins the family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Please deduct sr no 1 2 & 3 (~ Rs 2000/-), not a part of routine service.
Sr no 4(~ Rs 3700/-) is the actual service bill
What could be car lubrication and interior coating? And washer-drain, strainer assembly and element assembly too?

Are the labor total 1850 for item no 4? They have not given a split on the labor charges! I guess brake cleaning is included in it.

Last edited by thoma : 10th February 2013 at 20:55.
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2013, 21:46   #130
BHPian
 
bravo82in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ND-75
Posts: 163
Thanked: 241 Times
Default re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 95k kms of happy ownership, a 2nd Micra joins the family!

Interior coating was actually interior dry cleaning ( roof, seat covers, mats, dash etc..) Lubrication was i guess exterior polishing. Item 1, 2 & 3 add up to Rs 1850/-
Even i couldn't decipher the codes in sr no 4.
But the point is Service cost is Rs 3700/-
bravo82in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 20:34   #131
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7
Thanked: 5 Times
Thumbs down re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 95k kms of happy ownership, a 2nd Micra joins the family!

I bought Micra XV diesel 8 months before and 22000 Kms so far. Except the engine nothing is good. in this vehicle. I have used Fiat Palio and**Xylo in the past. I compare it with my past cars.

Micra has the most soft suspension. It can't manage even a small pothole and small stones, end up in big THUD sound. When we drive the car in rainy season, you will feel as if rain drops are falling on**your head. No sound insulation. Even when a small stone hits the platform you feel like hitting you directly. In the name of cost saving Nissan has created a Blunder car in India.

But Micra has the best engine. Better than Maruthi, Ford, Fiat engines. No turbo lag. Instant acceleration. In highways there is no body roll, this is because of the soft suspension. Suspension is a big nuisance in Micra. It annoys the passenger. Mileage is decent, i get consistently 20.5 KMPL in city and highway.

Body quality is very bad. It is so light that it can't withstand a hit by a dog. On 27th April i met with**an accident on highways, hit a dog at 120 KM and to your surprise the CHASSIS got damaged do you believe. Repair estimation is 40000/-. If any head on collision happens that's it straight to HELL or Heaven . No airbag can save you. I thought Japanese vehicle would be good, but all ended in disappointment only.

The another issue is the A/C, worthless A/C. You need to keep the blower in full speed to get A/C effect in hot sun.

Even though the engine and millege is good, I don't recommend this vehicle or any of this company product to any one. The suspension problem is there even in the SUNNY.

EXCEPT THE ENGINE NOTHING IS GOOD IN THIS CAR.
sundar04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 22:30   #132
ZMG
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 86
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundar04 View Post
I bought Micra XV diesel 8 months before and 22000 Kms so far. Except the engine nothing is good. in this vehicle. I have used Fiat Palio and**Xylo in the past. I compare it with my past cars.

Micra has the most soft suspension. It can't manage even a small pothole and small stones, end up in big THUD sound. When we drive the car in rainy season, you will feel as if rain drops are falling on**your head. No sound insulation. Even when a small stone hits the platform you feel like hitting you directly. In the name of cost saving Nissan has created a Blunder car in India.

But Micra has the best engine. Better than Maruthi, Ford, Fiat engines. No turbo lag. Instant acceleration. In highways there is no body roll, this is because of the soft suspension. Suspension is a big nuisance in Micra. It annoys the passenger. Mileage is decent, i get consistently 20.5 KMPL in city and highway.

Body quality is very bad. It is so light that it can't withstand a hit by a dog. On 27th April i met with**an accident on highways, hit a dog at 120 KM and to your surprise the CHASSIS got damaged do you believe. Repair estimation is 40000/-. If any head on collision happens that's it straight to HELL or Heaven . No airbag can save you. I thought Japanese vehicle would be good, but all ended in disappointment only.

The another issue is the A/C, worthless A/C. You need to keep the blower in full speed to get A/C effect in hot sun.

Even though the engine and millege is good, I don't recommend this vehicle or any of this company product to any one. The suspension problem is there even in the SUNNY.

EXCEPT THE ENGINE NOTHING IS GOOD IN THIS CAR.
You seem to have had a real bad time with the car. Can you post a picture of the damage done by the dog. It's quite possible you are being taken for a ride. Maybe the experts can shed some light here.
ZMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 23:26   #133
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,731
Thanked: 6,943 Times
Default re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 95k kms of happy ownership, a 2nd Micra joins the family!

Rather a sad review, and maybe I'm glad that I didn't buy one.

But... you know, dogs have some hard bits, like bones, and I think that if you took an animal thigh bone, and hit your car with it, there'd be quite a dent, and you'd think maybe you did it with a hammer. Wouldn't like to try it on my Polo, which is probably one of the more solid small hatchbacks here. Extrapolate that to 120kph, and just be grateful it wasn't a cow!

I expect the dog came off worse.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2013, 21:15   #134
Senior - BHPian
 
thoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,749
Thanked: 1,073 Times
Default re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 95k kms of happy ownership, a 2nd Micra joins the family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundar04 View Post
On 27th April i met with**an accident on highways, hit a dog at 120 KM

...
Bad luck that your Micra had to hit a dog. I've heard that hitting a dog is more or less like hitting a stone. But, could you please post here the details of the cost for the accident repair?

I am a bit skeptical on the sweeping statement that nothing is good except the engine. The A/C is a definitely a chiller and I doubt there was some issue particular to your car, if it is otherwise.

I think you meant that there is body roll on the highway and not vice-versa. Soft suspension will lead to body roll. I've not heard much suspension problems mentioned by the many Sunny owners on this forum. Do you mean that the thud is the problem or the soft tuning is the problem or both or anything else? There are a lot of cars with thud noise and soft tuning so I don't guess a Micra is that bad here.

I agree that the sheet metal thickness is less and the outside noise infiltrates into the cabin. Not too many cars qualifies well on this aspect either, even higher segment ones; I'm not putting which of them. One has to remember that sheet metal thickness alone does not translate to better safety.

If you have never been satisfied with the quality of plastics, the gizmos and drive-ability a Micra offers, then you are loosing out on many things you got.

Lastly, I do not think anybody will call Nissan engineers a fool to create an international 'blunder car' in India. I'm guessing from your profile that it is plainly that only a Fiat 'interests' you. The only real grouse I'm having with my Micra is brakes. Hope they give better brakes in the new face-lift and an option to improve them on the old ones.
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2013, 22:06   #135
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Nissan Micra Diesel. EDIT: 95k kms of happy ownership, a 2nd Micra joins the family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Bad luck that your Micra had to hit a dog. I've heard that hitting a dog is more or less like hitting a stone. But, could you please post here the details of the cost for the accident repair?

I am a bit skeptical on the sweeping statement that nothing is good except the engine. The A/C is a definitely a chiller and I doubt there was some issue particular to your car, if it is otherwise.

I think you meant that there is body roll on the highway and not vice-versa. Soft suspension will lead to body roll. I've not heard much suspension problems mentioned by the many Sunny owners on this forum. Do you mean that the thud is the problem or the soft tuning is the problem or both or anything else? There are a lot of cars with thud noise and soft tuning so I don't guess a Micra is that bad here.

I agree that the sheet metal thickness is less and the outside noise infiltrates into the cabin. Not too many cars qualifies well on this aspect either, even higher segment ones; I'm not putting which of them. One has to remember that sheet metal thickness alone does not translate to better safety.

If you have never been satisfied with the quality of plastics, the gizmos and drive-ability a Micra offers, then you are loosing out on many things you got.

Lastly, I do not think anybody will call Nissan engineers a fool to create an international 'blunder car' in India. I'm guessing from your profile that it is plainly that only a Fiat 'interests' you. The only real grouse I'm having with my Micra is brakes. Hope they give better brakes in the new face-lift and an option to improve them on the old ones.
All my comments are based my own experience in my Car. First to say I am a fan of FIAT, according to me the safest car in budget level cars. Previous I owned FIAT Palio nad then Mahindra XYLO. But I am not biased here on fiat. Because i am owner of a Micra also.

About the suspension there were complaints even from SUNNY owners here at coimbatore. When it was told to the service manager of Nissan at coimbatore, he said that's what the car is and it is its character. Nothing can be done for that. He advised me to change the tyre to wider MICHELIN tyre.

Soft suspension will lead to body roll.>> I am not sure about this. But MICRA doesn't have body roll. I appreciate that.

the soft tuning is the problem >> I am comparing Micra with my previous cars. Nissan would have developed this suspension for International roads. But to my experience these suspensions are very weak for our indian roads. Even when we jump over a HUMP
where there will be no load on suspension your hear a THUD. When driven over potholes horrible THUD.

Thin sheet metal may not be a problem. There was no effort taken to provide sound insulation in Bonnet and under body. I don't know about other cars. But in Swift, palio and XYLO, i never heard stone or rain water sound that prominently. Palio had rubber coating under the platform. Once i had an accident in my palio, a speeding (Around 70 KMPH) bolero hit the car from behind in Highway. Damage was only dent in rear door and stop light damaged. Sheet metal thickness plays a major role in safety of the car.
This was all accepted by Nissan Sales guy and says it was done for COST CUTTING.

Nissan Engineers are not fools. But they didn't provide a better product for Indian market. Plastic is good in the car compared to others. But plastic is not going to save in time of accidents.

Drivability is good, that's because of the responsive engine. That's why I said engine is better than fiat, swift, or any car. Can we survive only with a good engine. It is like good heart with broken legs and bent arm. Even i read about face lift, its all only cosmetic and not to the framework.
sundar04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 6.5 years of trouble free ownership! W.A.G.7 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 164 28th March 2017 10:19
Sita, Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 joins our Family. EDIT: 1 Year & 35,000 kms up Mudhalaipatti Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 133 11th April 2014 06:58
Made in India Nissan Micra global recall: 9,600 Micra compact cars with faulty sensor rkg The Indian Car Scene 1 25th February 2012 09:22
Heart vs. Head - Nissan Micra or Maruti Ritz? UPDATE: Booked the Micra W.A.G.7 Hatchbacks 38 29th December 2010 20:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks