| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|13th March 2006, 09:51||#1|
SCORPIO CRDE 25000 km report
Hi guys been thinkking of posting but just dont seem to get time, This is a silver DX CRDE I got on August 16, 2005, and have done 25000 km in it.
1. Great engine, very good power, makes overtaking a pleasure, we dont need to downshift, just prod the pedal and it surges ahead.There is hardly any noise inside the cabin, and surprisingly NO TYRE NOISE.
Its quieter on the inside than my Honda city and ford ikon which have a very loud tire noise.
2. Even fully loaded and going up the inclines it does not show any lack of power.
3.Gear lever is a little too long and has a long throw, shifting not very precise, you need to get used to it, when going thru a pothole the lever bounces crazily, almost bruised my leg.
4.Fuel economy is 11.4 come hail or storm, with AC, in city and on highways...i mean this is an average with city and highway mix, otherwise pure highway it gives 12.4 kmpl with ac. just have once got 14.5 kmpl after the second service of 10,000 km on chandigarh to delhi highway.
5. ride is good for front passengers, and yes it does rock side to side, over bad surfaces and driven fast it is hell, feels out of control, gets its own direction, over good highways it is very comfy and a mile muncher.
6. handling is good but does not like to change direction too fast
7. service not very expensive except 20000 km which requires a change of some filter costs 3700 for total service.
8. AC is pretty effective and does not sap engine power
9. I use alloy rims and tubeless tyres...makes it look good, I use stock tyre size, no upgrade
Feel Free to ask me any questions and points that I have missed,
|13th March 2006, 16:29||#3|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Thanked: 2,009 Times
Nice review. Covers your ownership experience in a nutshell. Btw, 25000kms in 7 months flat?! Where do you do your driving? Only on the Chandigarh-Delhi stretch I guess...
|16th March 2006, 23:52||#5|
A point i missed out....the AC vents are strangely placed...you dont get the full blast of the AC fan..that is the front as well as the rear ones...I think the new scorpio has changed AC vents....the problem shuld be solved
|17th March 2006, 08:13||#8|
yeah kpzen i forgot to mention those.....brakes are like ok ok.....they have a good bite but they lock up very very quickly and u get a screeching sound....good to scare others and yourself!!!
|3rd April 2006, 14:27||#11|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Thanked: 28 Times
Can you think of some changes in performance prior and after changing to Tubless and alloys pls?
You seem to enjoy owning it, as a crde owner myself feel nice to hear good reviews.One more point-No rattling?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|My Renault Duster 110 BHP RXL. EDIT: 25000 kms, Phase 2 accessories report||suchit23||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||142||21st July 2015 21:45|
|Scorpio 2.6 T vs Scorpio 2.6 CRDe engine comparison||Mohnish||SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s||20||6th February 2013 11:20|
|Help me choose a used Scorpio 2.6 SLX / Scorpio 2.6 DX CRDe||gbpscars||SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s||33||28th July 2008 16:17|
|Scorpio SLX CRDE or Wait for Scorpio Eagle or Used Elantra or Wait for Skoda Fabia ?||dharmu99||Hatchbacks||9||25th October 2007 12:22|