Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Here you go ..

WDC1641222A656221

Please share what it turns up.
Old 1st February 2012, 19:40   #62
BHPian

Default re: My 2011 Mercedes ML350. EDIT: Now Sold at 3.3 years and 33K kms

I hope Mercedes Benz India Ltd is reading this thread.

Personally for me this thread is a big shocker and my pain is perhaps more than Manveet"s.

The Mercedes is a brand that dreams were made of for me at least right from the years when I was a kid to this day.

The Mercedes Brand motivated BMW, VW and many other car manufacturers to get there. They did and I now learn you have slipped, nay cascaded down to levels so low that make Santro owners prouder than Merc owners in the year 2012.

Why did you allow this to happen? Mercedes Benz was not just a car it was an Institution.

Or does the Darwanian principle of the evolution of species applies to Mercedes too?

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 1st February 2012 at 19:41.
Old 6th February 2012, 13:56   #63
BHPian

Don't give up the fight. We need people like you to make these brand names realize that Indian customers also demand and need the service, value and Quality like every other place in globe they service.
Old 7th February 2012, 20:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Don't give up the fight. We need people like you to make these brand names realize that Indian customers also demand and need the service, value and Quality like every other place in globe they service.
Latest update is that the T&T Service Head has asked me to show them the vehicle for inspection by their Technical guy.

Have been busy with too much workload, but yes will be going ahead with their suggestion and will see where it takes us.

Planning to send the vehicle this week itself.

OT: As luck would have it, had a small brush with one of the dividers in the underground parking of a mall, slight damage to the driver side running board. Completely my mistake! Will put up pictures tomorrow.
Old 8th February 2012, 11:34   #65
BHPian

Searching on net Lemon Cars law - "Cars, boats, recreational vehicles, motorcycles and motor-homes are generally covered by the lemon law. These vehicles must have problems covered by a written factory warranty; claims must be filed within 6 months of the expiration of the warranty, 24 months, or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first. The law requires 2 repair attempts in the first 12 months or 12,000 miles and another 2 attempts in the second 12 months or 12,000 miles. A vehicle may be a lemon and subjected to a buyback even if it does not fall under a presumption."

I dont know when will this happen in India.

Old 13th September 2012, 07:51   #66
Team-BHP Support

Manveet

During the Mercedes Star Drive in Bangalore in May, Vid6639 and myself discussed the issue about M Class reliability with the sale director Kaushik Bhattacharya and I sent him the link to this thread.

Have you had a response ?
Old 7th March 2013, 19:00   #67
BHPian

Any update on the car?
Am in the market to buy the new ML. What say?
Old 17th October 2013, 18:47   #68
Senior - BHPian

Default Latest Updates

The ML350 has now done about 27,000 kms and is 2 months short of completing 3 years. Driving pattern has been almost the same - 70% South Delhi and 30% Delhi-Chandigarh.

Our suspension is getting replaced for a second time under warranty - will be able to tell you guys which part of the suspension only once we take delivery tomorrow.

We are seriously worried about what to do now that warranty is close to expiry.

AC stops functioning every 6-7 months and we need to get the filter cleaned. Even our Honda never had this problem. Do BMW, Audi and AC filters on other Mercs also have issues with the Indian environment or is it just the ML350?

The tires have been a nuisance. Three of them are bubbled and the fourth is fine because it was replaced the first time one of the tires bubbled. After that we just stopped bothering. I would like to upsize but my father is of the opinion that if Mercedes has provided these tires, they cannot be wrong.

Two suspension replacements, stupid tires, and an AC which stops working every 6 months and he still has loyalty for this brand.

Personally, I am steering away from Merc's for the rest of my life.

Last edited by manveet : 17th October 2013 at 18:49.
manveet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 20:38   #69
Team-BHP Support

Arrow Re: Latest Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Our suspension is getting replaced for a second time under warranty - will be able to tell you guys which part of the suspension only once we take delivery tomorrow.

We are seriously worried about what to do now that warranty is close to expiry.

AC stops functioning every 6-7 months and we need to get the filter cleaned. Even our Honda never had this problem. Do BMW, Audi and AC filters on other Mercs also have issues with the Indian environment or is it just the ML350?

The tires have been a nuisance. Three of them are bubbled and the fourth is fine because it was replaced the first time one of the tires bubbled. After that we just stopped bothering. I would like to upsize but my father is of the opinion that if Mercedes has provided these tires, they cannot be wrong.
If Mercedes is blaming the environment for the dirty filters why not test and provide filters that'll work with the environment in the first place? They do sell their cars in other polluted / dusty countries too - the AC's there seem to work alright.

What is this AC filter - do you mean the cabin filter / charcoal filter? Neither of these should cause the AC to stop working - at the most it'll give you asthmatic airflow & a musty odor inside the car.

You don't have run-flats, do you? I don't think Mercedes has gone the BMW way of forcing run-flats down every customer's throat yet but if you do plan on keeping the car then don't up-size but try swapping the clearly useless Pirellis to a different brand of tires.

Unfortunately, the Airmatic issues are common. There's no long term solution other than swapping out the adjustable dampers to a normal spring & strut combination. I know aftermarket Land Rover vendors had prepared packages to swap out the airbag suspension in older Range Rovers and the early Discovery 3's.
Old 17th October 2013, 20:40   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Latest Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
Unfortunately, the Airmatic issues are common. There's no long term solution other than swapping out the adjustable dampers to a normal spring & strut combination. I know aftermarket Land Rover vendors had prepared packages to swap out the airbag suspension in older Range Rovers and the early Discovery 3's.
Airmatic has been problematic since they came out a decade ago. Merc still has'nt been able to make them reliable

But I dont think ML350 has airmatic as standard no?? Its standard on the S and on the high end Es.
Old 17th October 2013, 20:55   #71
Team-BHP Support

Arrow Re: Latest Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
But I dont think ML350 has airmatic as standard no?? Its standard on the S and on the high end Es.
They have some sort of adjustable setup on the ML & GL SUV's as standard. I don't like these self-adjusting setups.

My F-I-L's older E38 had the self leveling crap which cost him a bomb a few times too.
His LR3 had the whole shebang too. It was a pain in the early years till Land Rover introduced some fix with the air compressor that kept failing in a lot of cars.

What's the problem with a decent passive setup!
aah78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 21:15   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Airmatic has been problematic since they came out a decade ago. Merc still has'nt been able to make them reliable

Yup the last gen MLs were all 320s or 350s which had airmatic standard. Even now its standard on the 350 while the 250 gets a normal suspension. Apparently they have reworked the airmatic and made it more reliable than it was.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 22:38   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

You are not alone. Mercedes works F1 driver, Lewis Hamilton's Merc also broke down

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...uncovered.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
My F-I-L's older E38 had the self leveling crap which cost him a bomb a few times too.
His LR3 had the whole shebang too. It was a pain in the early years till Land Rover introduced some fix with the air compressor that kept failing in a lot of cars.

What's the problem with a decent passive setup!
On the E38 and the LR3 its only in the rear and used for load-leveling.

Air does sound attractive on paper, but Airmatic Mercs Es have stiffer ride quality from what I've read...quite frankly not worth the trouble, given its track record so far

Delphi MR shocks have gotten much better reviews

Last edited by Mpower : 21st October 2013 at 02:40.
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 18:18   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quick update:

We got sick of the OE tires. Upsized all four 255/55 R19's to 255/60 R19's which is the stock size for Range Rover.

Another discovery. When we had got our first tire replaced from company under 50% warranty, the dealership replaced the Pirelli Scorpion with Pirelli P-Zero. So basically last two years we were running three tires of one pattern and the fourth of another.
manveet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 14:47   #75
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Just sent in the vehicle for the third service. Apparently all engine & transmission mounts need to be replaced !!!

Vehicle has done 30,000 kms in 3 years and 3 months.

My Honda's did not have such problems even after 8 years of ownership!!
manveet is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread