Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 17th April 2017, 18:14   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: BlackPearl goes white - Bolero LX 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Have you not replaced the tires? To something in AT or would it be MY?
I had replaced the OEM Maxxis tyres with Michelin LTX AT (235/75/R15), but then moved them to the Thar. The Bolero is currently running on the Bridgestone Dueler HT (235/70/R16) that came with the Thar. It is due for a change soon, waiting for a lottery
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 00:19   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

The Bolero continues to amaze in off-road situations. Even with almost bald tyres at the rear, it keeps coming out of difficult situations on its own. The DI engine is a gem

Posting a few pics from the recent off-road event, pictures credit: AJ-got-BHP

BlackPearl goes white - Bolero LX 4x4-bolero_lx_4wd_blackpearl_sumitro_1.jpg

BlackPearl goes white - Bolero LX 4x4-bolero_lx_4wd_blackpearl_sumitro_2.jpg

BlackPearl goes white - Bolero LX 4x4-bolero_lx_4wd_blackpearl_sumitro_3.jpg

BlackPearl goes white - Bolero LX 4x4-bolero_lx_4wd_blackpearl_sumitro_4.jpg

BlackPearl goes white - Bolero LX 4x4-bolero_lx_4wd_blackpearl_sumitro_5.jpg

BlackPearl goes white - Bolero LX 4x4-bolero_lx_4wd_blackpearl_sumitro_6.jpg

BlackPearl goes white - Bolero LX 4x4-bolero_lx_4wd_blackpearl_sumitro_7.jpg

BlackPearl goes white - Bolero LX 4x4-bolero_lx_4wd_blackpearl_sumitro_8.jpg

Last edited by BlackPearl : 1st August 2017 at 00:38.
BlackPearl is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2017, 08:31   #153
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved to the Long-term Ownerships Section. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 17:43   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
The Bolero continues to amaze in off-road situations. Even with almost bald tyres at the rear, it keeps coming out of difficult situations on its own.
Even after over six years of Love/Hate with my SLX, reading your posts and seeing your images, wants to make me start all over again with LX 4x4, if they still sell them.

I love so many things broadly about the Bolero but few little things nag me constantly :-)
bolbolerobol is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 16:57   #155

Your thread is nothing short of amazing and it influenced me enough to get my own Bolero Lx 4wd last year. I keep coming back to this thread from time to time to see your updates on your ride.

Since you have already covered some distance with the dog-bone shackles installed, I would love get a feedback on how it has affected the driving dynamics. I am planning for a tyre change to 235/75 R15 on my Bolero and am contemplating whether to go for the dog-bone shackles. Thanks.

P.S. My first post on Teambhp
gunin is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2017, 23:52   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolbolerobol View Post
Even after over six years of Love/Hate with my SLX, reading your posts and seeing your images, wants to make me start all over again with LX 4x4, if they still sell them.

I love so many things broadly about the Bolero but few little things nag me constantly :-)
Thank you Yes, the LX has a lot of things going in its favour, I just wish Mahindra provided the Thar's engine in it. If that is asking for too much, then at least a 80 bhp engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunin View Post
Your thread is nothing short of amazing and it influenced me enough to get my own Bolero Lx 4wd last year. I keep coming back to this thread from time to time to see your updates on your ride.

Since you have already covered some distance with the dog-bone shackles installed, I would love get a feedback on how it has affected the driving dynamics. I am planning for a tyre change to 235/75 R15 on my Bolero and am contemplating whether to go for the dog-bone shackles. Thanks.

P.S. My first post on Teambhp
Thanks a lot for the nice words gunin! Please let me know how to contact you as I have been to Guwahati and will go again, so we can meet next time.

Regarding the dogbone shackles, the ride is definitely more plush now as the leaf springs don't hit the bump stops anymore. But the handling has been affected, it has become a bit vague compared to stock shackles. For 235/75/R15 you don't need longer shackles on the LX. Mine was fitted with tyres of these specs in 2014 and there was no problem. Later I shifted to 235/70/R16, and it was still fine. I went for dogbone shackles as I want to get 245/70/R16 tyres for the Bolero.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 22nd November 2017 at 23:58.
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2017, 10:01   #157

Thanks a lot Blackpearl for the feedback I am not going install the dog-bone shackles during the tyre change then.
My email id is guninmatak@gmail.com. Please let me know when you are coming here.
gunin is offline   Reply With Quote