Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 3rd April 2012, 16:56   #16
BHPian

Default Re: A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD

Hey Ramesh, Just finished all the write-up in one go. Thanks for sharing a detailed ownership experience topped with really beautiful pictures of the beauty and mother nature!

Wish you many many happy miles and long trips!
Autocop is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 17:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Awesome marathon writeup there and truly a poetry on wheels. Shows your love and passion for FIAT. One among the few who changed a FIAT for a FIAT (Punto -> Linea). Have always enjoyed your company and the miles we have crunched together with our beloved ones. And great compilation of pics. The "Linea" on the ORVM is super cool.

Looking forward for many more trips and long association with our beauties.
Thanks Sathya. Yes, I am passionate but, not as passionate as you . Probably you are the only one to replace MJD with T-Jet+. I am eagerly looking forward for our next passionate trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
Truly a poetry on wheels, Linea is a master piece by Italians and I'm wondering how they are going to facelift it. I truly envy you for upgrading in such a short stint, I was in a same boat but decided against it due to various factors. Will hopefully own a Linea once 1.6 MJD is out, the power was one major criterion whilst deciding on the upgrade. So moving from 75HP to 90HP wasn't just enough, Hopefully Fiat plonks 1.6 MJD with VGT and I'll be in the showroom first hopefully along with you and Sathya_SC

Wishing you many miles with smiles
Thanks teky.
Definitely I will be along with you at the showroom when the 1.6 is launched. Hold on, I will be there to Test Drive the car .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Hey Ramesh, Just finished all the write-up in one go. Thanks for sharing a detailed ownership experience topped with really beautiful pictures of the beauty and mother nature!

Wish you many many happy miles and long trips!
Thanks a lot Autocop.
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 01:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Default An Incident

Last Thursday evening, while I was returning back to my home, my car was hit at the rear bumper by a ruthless motorcycle rider. Even before I came out of my car, he fled and vanished away from my sight. This was the impact.

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-20120412_191926.jpg
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-20120412_191913.jpg

That evening, I was totally upset and called a known person at TAFE Service, Chennai. He asked me visit them and that they will try to remove the dent. On Friday, I drove the car for around 50 kms and came back home to notice that the dent has gone. Yes Guys. It's Gone on its own.

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-20120413_153657.jpg

Last edited by rameshnanda : 15th April 2012 at 01:04.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 08:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: An Incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
On Friday, I drove the car for around 50 kms and came back home to notice that the dent has gone. Yes Guys. It's Gone on its own.

Attachment 915982
Wow is it so hot in Chennai OR Is the dent exactly at the place where the exhaust tip is, that the bumper molded on its own to its original shape ?

Miraculous man.

15-16 in city with 100% C is better than my swift,. My swift D returns 14-15 in city with 100% AC

How much did you pay for CR70 front windshield sun film at Balaji Agencies ? Is this a 3M outlet or a a regular accessory shop ?

Last edited by F150 : 15th April 2012 at 08:42.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 11:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: An Incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Wow is it so hot in Chennai OR Is the dent exactly at the place where the exhaust tip is, that the bumper molded on its own to its original shape ?

Miraculous man.
Well, the exhaust tip is on the other side. I was pleasantly surprised when I came to see that the dent was indeed gone .

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
How much did you pay for CR70 front windshield sun film at Balaji Agencies ? Is this a 3M outlet or a a regular accessory shop ?
I did both CR70 and CS20 for sides together. I think CR70 alone costs Rs. 7k with 5 year warranty. Balaji Agencies is the authorized distributor for 3M in Chennai. Its not regular accessory shop.
Old 15th April 2012, 13:31   #21
BHPian

The new age bumpers are flexible to take minor impacts up to 20kmph and regain shape instead of cracking.

Ford has them in the Figo etc.

Even in my friend's WagonR it was more pronounced that what you had but slight tapping from the inner side and it was back in its shape.

Maybe you hit a pothole or speed breaker and it regained it's shape, much to your relief

Cheers
MKPI
mkpiyengar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 12:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
The new age bumpers are flexible to take minor impacts up to 20kmph and regain shape instead of cracking.

Ford has them in the Figo etc.

Even in my friend's WagonR it was more pronounced that what you had but slight tapping from the inner side and it was back in its shape.

Maybe you hit a pothole or speed breaker and it regained it's shape, much to your relief

Cheers
MKPI
Thanks for the information MKPI.
Yes, I too believe that it might have got corrected after hitting a pothole. Still, my friends and family are surprised over this incident .
Old 23rd April 2012, 22:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Default Got Fiat Key Ring

Today, I got the Fiat Key Ring from partsworld.co.uk. I ordered this on 09-Apr-2012 and got it delivered today. It costed 10.44 pounds including shipping. Thanks to J.Ravi sir for the source of the ring. .

Some pictures. Look at the letters Fiat embossed on the ring as well. I really liked it.

Name:  p1.jpg
Views: 2425
Size:  154.4 KB

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-p2.jpg
Old 1st May 2012, 21:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Default Weekend getaway in Linea

I did highway drive again in my Linea. As usual, she handled incredibly well. No issues throughout the trip. Again, the car brought in lots of smiles while cruising on the highway. I also got a satisfactory FE figure. Got an average of 17.5 kmpl for the whole trip. For the return trip, it returned an FE of 20.2 kmpl. The onward drive was done spiritedly and return drive was mostly done sedately.

Here are some shots of the beauty at the beautiful Kodai
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-dsc01738.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-dsc01748.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-dsc01765.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-dsc01786.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-dsc01787.jpg

FE for the Return trip
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-dsc01840.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-dsc01841.jpg

FE for the entire trip
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-dsc01844.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-dsc01845.jpg
rameshnanda is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 00:32   #25
Senior - BHPian

Default Illuminated Fiat Door sills

Ever since I saw this illuminated Fiat Door sills on Linea during the launch of 2012 Linea and Punto, I started my hunt for this piece.
Name:  New Fiat.JPG
Views: 2753
Size:  25.3 KB

I first searched on the accessories page of Fiat India Ltd. But, I could not find this item. Illuminated door sill was available only with the text "T-Jet" but not with "Fiat". But, then how come they showcased this during the vehicle launch? I enquired the same with the dealers in Chennai but, none are aware of this. I started searching for proper contact with Fiat India. I got to know that Mr. Pawan Yadav is the in-charge for Accessories and Merchandize. I shooted a mail to him inquiring about this door sill. I got immediate reply from him saying that this can be serviced. The next problem is that the dealer was not able to place order for this item as the order software which they use reject this particular item. Mr. Pawan followed this with "Tata Technologies Ltd" to resolve this issue keeping me in loop. As usual, Tata guys were very lethargic and did not solve or give any response. After multiple followups from me and Mr. Pawan, finally this was shipped to VST Motors, Chennai 10 days back. Today, I visited VST Motors and they happily installed the doorsill on my Linea. Mr. Krishnan, Manager at VST Motors accessories division was helpfull all along and installed the same in my Linea. The whole project of identifying, procuring and installing this door sill took me 3 months to complete .

Special thanks to Mr. Pawan Yadav, Accessories and Merchandize in-charge of Fiat India for helping me to fulfill my wish .

Now, some pictures.
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-20120505_164843.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-20120505_164814.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-dsc01849.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-dsc01854.jpg
Old 6th May 2012, 01:54   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda
Ever since I saw this illuminated Fiat Door sills on Linea during the launch of 2012 Linea and Punto, I started my hunt for this piece.

I first searched on the accessories page of Fiat India Ltd. But, I could not find this item. Illuminated door sill was available only with the text "T-Jet" but not with "Fiat". But, then how come they showcased this during the vehicle launch? I enquired the same with the dealers in Chennai but, none are aware of this. I started searching for proper contact with Fiat India. I got to know that Mr. Pawan Yadav is the in-charge for Accessories and Merchandize. I shooted a mail to him inquiring about this door sill. I got immediate reply from him saying that this can be serviced. The next problem is that the dealer was not able to place order for this item as the order software which they use reject this particular item. Mr. Pawan followed this with "Tata Technologies Ltd" to resolve this issue keeping me in loop. As usual, Tata guys were very lethargic and did not solve or give any response. After multiple followups from me and Mr. Pawan, finally this was shipped to VST Motors, Chennai 10 days back. Today, I visited VST Motors and they happily installed the doorsill on my Linea. Mr. Krishnan, Manager at VST Motors accessories division was helpfull all along and installed the same in my Linea. The whole project of identifying, procuring and installing this door sill took me 3 months to complete .

Special thanks to Mr. Pawan Yadav, Accessories and Merchandize in-charge of Fiat India for helping me to fulfill my wish .

Now, some pictures.
Absolutely brilliant!

Is it possible to put the same on a Punto? If so, please PM me the part number and relevant contact at VST to place the order. Thanks.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 08:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Absolutely brilliant!

Is it possible to put the same on a Punto? If so, please PM me the part number and relevant contact at VST to place the order. Thanks.
Thanks CrAzY dRiVeR.

Yes. It is compatible with Punto too. Please get in touch with the Accessories Manager at VST, Mr. Krishnan. The part number is 59116966.
Old 7th May 2012, 10:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

Great Thread Ramesh.
What is the price for Door Sil and 3D mats?
Where did you buy 3D mats?
Is door sil for Rear doors and will it be illuminated as the front one?
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 11:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Great Thread Ramesh.
What is the price for Door Sil and 3D mats?
Where did you buy 3D mats?
Is door sil for Rear doors and will it be illuminated as the front one?
Thanks Karthik.

Price of Door Sill - Rs. 2560. Door sills are only for the front doors.
Price of 3D Mats - Rs. 4600. (Now, it looks like Rs. 5k)
3D mats bought from A.K. International, G.P. Road, Chennai.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 21:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

Default Another Milestone

Today, my Linea MJD crossed another important milestone. I have touched the 20,000 Kms mark in 8 months of ownership .

Any new issues? - No.
Happy with the purchase? - Big Yes.
Happy with the service? - Mostly yes. Rather I would say neutral.
Happy with the FE? - Yes
How about performance? - Beast on Highway. Good in city too.

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-20120508_195525.jpg