Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 8th May 2012, 22:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD

Hi Ramesh,
Congrats on your milestone.
Could you share the details of footwell lights DIY, they really look awesome.
I have T-Jet illuminated door sills on my Linea and liked your footwell lights very much.
Thanks
carwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 22:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda
Today, my Linea MJD crossed another important milestone. I have touched the 20,000 Kms mark in 8 months of ownership .

Any new issues? - No.
Happy with the purchase? - Big Yes.
Happy with the service? - Mostly yes. Rather I would say neutral.
Happy with the FE? - Yes
How about performance? - Beast on Highway. Good in city too.
Congrats for crossing the milestone.
Really it's good buy and I've been enjoying my SilverStreak from day 1 and Still it gives joy whenever take out for a ride.
With Race Chip, my car is now pull like a Loco.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 22:09   #33
BHPian

Hi Ramesh,
This is genuinely a beautiful report you have compiled. Thanks a lot for it.
Apart from the issues you have mentioned, Have you experienced any rattles, squeaks etc?
DeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 17:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Hi Ramesh,
Congrats on your milestone.
Could you share the details of footwell lights DIY, they really look awesome.
I have T-Jet illuminated door sills on my Linea and liked your footwell lights very much.
Thanks
Thanks carwatcher. For the footwell lights, the wiring was done from the cabin lamp and I used the Amber LEDs. If you want to know the step by step process to do this please PM me your email ID, I can share the photographs for installing the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Hi Ramesh,
This is genuinely a beautiful report you have compiled. Thanks a lot for it.
Apart from the issues you have mentioned, Have you experienced any rattles, squeaks etc?
Thanks DeKay.
There were few rattles on the doors after I did the ICE upgradation. But, after my drilling at the TASS, that was rectified. Now, I am hearing a strange rattling noise from backside but if anyone occupy the back seat, the noise vanishes. I am suspecting that it should be from the seats or seat belt. I am going to inspect this myself when I am free .
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2012, 13:14   #35
Senior - BHPian

Default A Mishap

My Linea's rightside ORVM got hit by a Indica which was coming in the opposite direction. This incident happened while I was negotiating a sharp and blind curve on a ghat section last weekend. The Indicab did not stop and fled the scene. I parked my car safely and came down to collect the leftovers. Fortunately, the damage was limited to just broken glasses. Other pieces were intact and the motor also worked fine. Five minutes later, the Indicab came back to the place and the driver was apologetic for what was happened. His right side ORVM was completely broken. He asked me what should he do. I said 'lets just move on' . We shook our hands and left the place.

Here's the damage.
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-p1.jpg
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-p2.jpg
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-p3.jpg

And this was now restored back including the Linea stickers . It costed Rs. 267.
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-p5.jpg
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-dsc02004.jpg
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2012, 16:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Default 25000 Kms update

My Linea MJD has now crossed the 25k mark. It is serving me impeccably well as it is doing for the last 9 months. FE is good as before and there are no new issues with the car. I have made a habit of replacing the air filters every 7500 kms and I did the same at 22500 kms as well. It was a DIY. My Linea has seen many ghat roads till now (Ponmudi, Yelagiri, Yercaud, Masinagudi, Ooty, Kodai, Munnar, Coorg, Kudremukh) and performed very well on the ghat sections. Many a times, my Linea also handled off roads as well .

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-25000.jpg
Old 1st July 2012, 12:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

Default Photo Shoot

I went in along with sathya_sc (with the Cheetah ) for a photo shoot yesterday. A big thanks to him for taking me along and the full credit for this shot goes to Sriram Guruswamy, sathya's friend.

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-sri_774d3-copy.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-sri_7655-copy.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-sri_7772-copy.jpg
rameshnanda is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 16:29   #38
Senior - BHPian

Another shot. My Linea with sathya_sc's XUV500 and the owners .

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-sri_7890-copy.jpg
rameshnanda is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 17:54   #39
BHPian

Ramesh, Great pictures. The Linea looks amazing. Did you find a solution for the rattles yet?
DeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2012, 00:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Ramesh, Great pictures. The Linea looks amazing. Did you find a solution for the rattles yet?
Thanks DeKay. I am glad that you liked the pictures.

No. As I told earlier, the only rattle I am still facing is the one from the left side back seat. It is very strange indeed. If anyone occupy the seat of if I use the car seat for my kid, the noise just vanishes. It comes again when no one is there at the back. I am yet to identify the cause.
Old 5th July 2012, 22:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

More photography with Elegance.

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-sri_7635-copy.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-sri_7717-copy.jpg
Old 8th July 2012, 23:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

Default Story of my biggest Blunder

Saturday morning, I came out of my home after locking both the doors and opened my car's boot to pick up the Jopasu Duster to quickly clean before leaving. I dropped both the car key and my home key in the boot and after cleaning, placed the duster on the boot and I CLOSED IT without taking the keys . The moment I closed it, I realized that I have done a big blunder. I totally got stranded with no option of getting into car or home to get the duplicate key of the car. All this happened at 8.40 am.

I called fellow BHPian teky to get the number of Fiat RSA. I started calling the RSA and finally they came on line with me at 9 am. I explained the situation. They told me that they will send a technician and informed me that there might be a minor damage during the process of opening the boot. I placed me on hold and got a technician nearest to my place. He told me that he will reach my home in one hour. Meantime, I just walked around to have the breakfast and the time was 10 am. Then, I called the RSA again to get the status. They again conferenced me with the technician. He told he is on way and would be at my home soon. Finally, he arrived at 11 am. Immediately he started his work. He removed the beeding below the driver side window and he did something with a lever inside the gap between the glass and the metal part of the door. He managed to open the driver side door in flat 5 minutes. Fortunately, there was no damage.

The real pain starts now. Once we got to enter the car, I immediately pressed the boot door open button. To my shock, the boot did not open. The technician anticipated this and told me that the only option now would be to remove the rear seat itself. I then called Mr. Tensingh of TAFE to check what option will I have. He told that the rear seat can be folded and asked me to check for a small belt beneath the rear head rests. I checked but did not find any. But, the technician was sure that the rear seat in Linea cannot be folded and he started his work to remove the rear seats. That was real real painful indeed. After more than an hour the technician finally managed to remove the seats and we got access to the boot.

Some inferences after this incident

- The boot opener button in Linea will work even without the ignition only if the door is opened through the Remote/Key. For me, the boot door did not open because we did not open the driver side door with the key.

- The rear seat in Linea can be folded for the versions which has 3 rear headrests (T-Jet+ and Pre 2011 Emotion pack has this). My Linea has 2 head rests. This is a cost cutting silently done by Fiat in early 2011. They also removed the option of folding the rear seats as well. A Big Punch to Fiat for this.

The RSA Technician finally left my home at 1.30PM after receiving the authorization letter and ID proof from me. Total cost for me - Rs. 0. Thumbs up to Fiat for the timely and prompt help extended by them for my blunder.

Another good news for me is that the rattling noise which was coming from the left side rear seat is now gone.

Technician working to open the driver side door
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-p1.jpg

Rear seat is being removed
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-p2.jpg

As you see, there is no provision to fold the rear seats
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-p3.jpg

Last edited by rameshnanda : 8th July 2012 at 23:27.
Old 20th July 2012, 14:55   #43
Senior - BHPian

Wayanad Trip - A brief report

Last weekend, I drove to Wayanad along with the T-BHP'ian Sathya_sc and his friend Sriram in XUV500 and with my friend Gopi who owns 90HP Punto. We all started from Chennai by 5.30pm on Friday. The plan was to reach Bangalore by 11pm and halt there. The route planned was Chennai-Ranipet-Chittoor-Mulbagal-Kolar-Bangalore-Kanakapura-Mysore-Hunsur-Nagarhole-Tholpatty-Kattikulam. We had our early dinner at Hotel Sakthi Saravana just after the Sriperumbuthur. We continued our drive and after Chittoor it started to rain very heavily coupled with very poor visibility. We slowed down a lot and when we reached Bangalore it was 12am. We reached our hotel Woodbridge on the Bannerghatta Road by 12.30 and we retired. After a good 5 hours sleep, we started our drive at 7.30am to Mysore. We broke at Mysore at Hotel Ramani's for the breakfast. We then took the under construction ring road of Mysore to hit the Hunsur Road. The roads were very narrow after Hunsur towards the Nagarhole. But, the forests were very exotic. We encountered a speed breaker every 0.5km till we crossed the Nagarhole National Park. Once we crossed the Karnataka border, the roads became excellent on the Kerala side. We finally reached our resort 'Pepper Green' at Kattikulam at 1.30pm. The last 100 mts to reach the resort did not have any road at all. Though it was not steep, it was again offroading for my Linea . We ordered our lunch, we took some rest and we were all chatting till the dinner time.

The next two days (Sunday and Monday), we covered places like Banasurasagar dam, Iruppu falls, Thirunelli temple. We were able to bath at Iruppu falls even though the flow of water was very heavy. I became a victim of leech byte here. On Sunday, while we were returning to the resort, the last 100 mts appeared to be full of slush after the rains, and my Linea completely lost the traction and it resulted in wheel spin. My Linea hesitated to move further. Sathya informed the resort guys and they along with another Tempo Traveller guy came to my rescue. The Tempo Traveller guy offered to take the wheels from me. I declined profusely and thanked him. After some effort, my Linea finally came back to the track and I reached the resort. On Monday night, we decided to do a night safari on the Thirunelli forest area in our cars. The whole forest is dominated by Elephants it seems. We spotted at least 8 elephants on the road. An angry elephant even tried to chase us while we fled from the area in full throttle. We also spotted herd of deers.

For the return journey, we decided to do different route. Kattikulam-Pulpally-Sultan Bathery-Gundlupet-Chamrajanagar-Kollegal-Kanakpura-Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Chennai. The roads were good to excellent most of the time. It was 11.00pm when I finally reached my home in Chennai.

We spotted deers at the Nagarhole National Park
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-img_3623.jpg

The trip team
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-img_3632.jpg

The Nagarhole National Park
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-img_3636.jpg

My dirty Linea after encountering lots of rain
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-img_3639.jpg

My daughter enjoying her time
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-img_3646.jpg

Banasura dam
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-img_3697.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-img_3734.jpg

Flowers at the dam
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-img_3830.jpg

Last edited by rameshnanda : 20th July 2012 at 14:57.
Old 20th July 2012, 20:00   #44
Team-BHP Support

Very nice Ramesh! I can see how much you are in love with the machine!
Even for me more than anything else, ride quality and handling is something which is more important than brute power.

Only question I had (more on the process and requirements processing):
(Sorry for OT)

Did you really had such a big change of requirement such that you had to move out the Punto and get in the Linea and that too in just 6 months?
Because if not then why was Linea not chosen initially itself?

Congrats and best wishes for many many more miles.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 20:25   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Very nice Ramesh! I can see how much you are in love with the machine!
Even for me more than anything else, ride quality and handling is something which is more important than brute power.
Thanks for those nice words Amp.

Quote:
Only question I had (more on the process and requirements processing):
(Sorry for OT)

Did you really had such a big change of requirement such that you had to move out the Punto and get in the Linea and that too in just 6 months?
Because if not then why was Linea not chosen initially itself?
To be honest, I did not have any big reason for doing this change. We missed big boot many times during our highway trip. Apart from that I really do not have genuine reason. It just happened at that time. After that I have felt that I should have retained Punto for some more years. But, when ever I lay my hands on my Linea, I have no regrets. I forget the rest.

Quote:
Congrats and best wishes for many many more miles.
Thanks again Amp.