Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 18th August 2012, 22:58   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default 30,000 Kms Service update

Today, I did the 30k service (Third free service) for my Linea at Tafe Reach, Chennai. I had no complaints and they delivered the car promptly to me as promised. I booked for the service a week before and I arrived at the service station by 9.40 AM. Tensingh wrote the jobcards and promised me to deliver the car by 5.30pm. Even before another SA could take the job card and record other details, my car went into the service bay and the mechanics started their work. Total bill for this service came to Rs. 5877.

30k on the Odo
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-20120812_070900.jpg

This is how the seats and the steering is covered before they start working on a car
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-20120818_102301.jpg

Service bill
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-20120818_213231.jpg
Name:  20120818_213247.jpg
Views: 2268
Size:  114.5 KB

After the service
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-20120818_180601.jpg
A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-20120818_180612.jpg

Last edited by rameshnanda : 18th August 2012 at 22:59. Reason: Formatted the text
rameshnanda is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 08:57   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD

I've heard TAFE Reach is the best SVC in chennai. Do they ask if you took the car delivery from them? Does that make a difference in the quality of service?

Also, how early did you need to book to get an appointment on a saturday?

My car has done ~13.7k now. Need to drop it for 15k service sometime soon.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 09:53   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I've heard TAFE Reach is the best SVC in chennai. Do they ask if you took the car delivery from them? Does that make a difference in the quality of service?

Also, how early did you need to book to get an appointment on a saturday?

My car has done ~13.7k now. Need to drop it for 15k service sometime soon.
Rather than telling best, I would say that they are better than others in Chennai.

Not really. They don't ask such questions. I bought my car from VST and right from day one, I have been servicing with TAFE.

I called a week before to book an appointment for service on this Saturday. A week or 10 days in advance should be fine.
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 10:17   #49
Senior - BHPian

Nice updates.
I like the way they have covered the steering wheel,here they only cover the seats,and due to this my leather steering cover got messed up,and i had to get a new one.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2012, 10:47   #50
Senior - BHPian

Default Completed One year of ownership

On 17th September 2012, My Linea turned One Year. On the same day in 2011, I took the delivery of my Linea. Sadly, I am currently away from my car and could not celebrate on her Birthday .

Nevertheless, I thought it's good time to talk about my experience with Linea MJD in the last one year. I have completed 31000+ Kms. till this date. No major issues experienced so far and I hope this will sustain. There were minor niggles like power window problem, Blue&Me not working at times, Door lock problem, etc. But, all were rectified to my satisfaction by the TASS. Almost all of my car's servicing was done at TAFE Reach, Chennai. I would also like to thank Mr. Tensingh at TAFE for his support during the services. Regarding the service cost, I paid Rs. 82.73 during First free service, Rs. 6000.17 during the second free service and Rs. 5877.00 for the Third free service which totals to Rs. 11959.90. The maintenace cost per KM works out to Rs. 0.39.

Some of key mods done on my car are,
- ICE upgrade
- Original Scandinavian Leather seats

My Linea has taken me to many places in South India (Guruvayoor, Trivandrum, Kanyakumari, Madurai, Trichy, Tanjore, Kumbakonam, Coorg, Wayanad, Ooty, Munnar, Kodaikanal, Yercaud, Yelagiri, Kudremukh) and experienced almost all sorts of terrains, the worst till date is the stretch between Kodaikanal and Mannavanur.

Last update:- I renewed the insurance with the HDFC Ergo. The only reason for going with HDFC Ergo is that they give me the best IDV than FG, TATA-AIG and Bajaj Allianz.

And now, I would like to share some of the Best Shots of my Linea.

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-p1.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-p2.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-p3.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-p4.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-p5.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-p6.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-p7.jpg

Last edited by rameshnanda : 20th September 2012 at 10:49.
rameshnanda is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2012, 15:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Five minutes later, the Indicab came back to the place and the driver was apologetic for what was happened.
That was nice of him. It is rare for a cab driver to drive all the way back and apologize for his mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
The boot opener button in Linea will work even without the ignition only if the door is opened through the Remote/Key.
Just so you know, if you open the drivers door with the spare key, the electric boot release button on the dashboard still won't work unless you crank the car.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 16:23   #52
BHPian

Could you describe the rear seat comfort in linea? Also if you could share your view on the rear side roof sloping being too low as mentioned in several places. Is it too bad even for someone say less than 6 ft height?
automachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 18:29   #53
Team-BHP Support

Nicely maintained Linea there Ramesh. All the best for many more years.
I can already see you have notched many a miles.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 22:58   #54
Senior - BHPian

Updating the thread after a long time. Actually, the car was also idle for a while when I was out of country. Came back, connected the battery and the car started in single crank.

I changed the tyres to ZLO and it is also a history now. More details here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3160312

The car is going very good and will soon go to the Fiat exclusive service center for the 2 year service.

Some pictures of the car taken recently.
Name:  01RAM_4345.JPG
Views: 1475
Size:  267.3 KB

Name:  08RAM_4371.JPG
Views: 1457
Size:  182.0 KB

Name:  14RAM_4394.JPG
Views: 1455
Size:  408.1 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by automachine View Post
Could you describe the rear seat comfort in linea? Also if you could share your view on the rear side roof sloping being too low as mentioned in several places. Is it too bad even for someone say less than 6 ft height?
Honestly, I do not have any discomfort with the seating in Linea. I am 5' 8". But, I never got seated at the rear. My family members who take rear seats have never complained of any discomfort. It may cause some difficulty for people who are more than 6 ft when seated at rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nicely maintained Linea there Ramesh. All the best for many more years.
Thanks ampere. The car will be hitting 40k on the odo this weekend.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 15:25   #55
Senior - BHPian

My car went for the 2nd year (4th service - Paid) service at Ramkay Fiat on 9th August 2013. I left the car with them around noon as I did not expect them to deliver the car on the same day. Mr. Arun was the SA and he wrote the Job card. I checked on the fluid replacement and got confirmed that all the fluids will be replaced in this service.

I reported the following issues.

- I had issues with both the power windows at rear. Right side power window was not working at all.
- The fuel lid was super tight and I wasn't able to close it that easily after opening.
- Small Rubber beading (don't know what to call this part) inside the bonnet has worn out and asked them to replace that too. To my surprise they even have stock of this part.

The next day I got call from the SA and he informed me that all the 4 regulators needs to be replaced for the power window and that the running rails at the rear should also be replaced. I asked him to go ahead and replace it under warranty . It took a while for them to get the approval for the warranty claim and the car was finally ready on Monday. I went to collect the car on Tuesday evening and realized that they haven't replaced Brake, Transmission, Coolant and Power Steering oil.

After raising the issue of this goof-up, they promised me that they will pick and drop my car at my convenience because of this blunder. We fixed the date on 19th, Monday. I got call from the Ramkay driver sharp at 7.45 AM in the morning. Unfortunately, I had other works for the day and told him that I will drop in at the service centre and that he need not worry about it. I couldn't drive to them on week days and finally visited them last Saturday (24th August). My car was taken immediately and I was asked to wait at the customer lounge. I couldn't sit there for long and decided to enter the service bay area. I stood by my car when the fluids where replaced. Finally my car was taken for the body wash (not charged) and was delivered to me at around 3 pm. Ms. Suganya, the CRM of the Ramkay service came near to my car when I was about to leave and she apologized for missing out earlier.

Overall I am happy with the quality of service barring the over sight of missing out all the fluids.

Regarding the issues,
Power windows - Regulators replaced under warranty. But, I paid for the running rails as it is a rubber part.
Fuel lid issue - Fixed.
Bonnet beading - Replaced.

Total Bill for the 2nd year service (4th paid service) - Rs. 12562. Do note that this includes the cost of both the running rails (LH and RH) for the rear power window and the bonnet beading.

Here's the bill from Ramkay.

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-1.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-2.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-3.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-4.jpg
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2013, 00:26   #56
Senior - BHPian

My car is turning 2 today.

It has been a wonderful experience all these 2 years. Nothing to complain about the car and even the service provided by Fiat. I was always happy with what TAFE did to my car before the TATA-Fiat breakup. Now, I am happy with what Ramkay is doing.

Updates on my car
- Brake pads replaced.
- All 4 tyres replaced. Initially went with ZLO and then switched to ACELERE after the bad experience with ZLO.
- 4th Paid service done. All fluids were replaced.
- Renewed the Insurance with SBI General Insurance.
- The Odo now stands at 44,341.

No harm in stating this again. Mine has the lowest GC of all Fiat cars (161 mm) and still it has seen all sorts of terrains in South India. Never faced any major issue with the GC. The only terrain where my car struggled a lot was the route from Kodaikanal to Mannavanur. That was real deadly.

Presenting some memorable moments.

During the delivery on 17 September 2011
Name:  d1.JPG
Views: 1207
Size:  81.7 KB

At Kanyakumari
Name:  Image001.JPG
Views: 1225
Size:  106.7 KB

At Kodaikanal
Name:  RAM_5371.JPG
Views: 1198
Size:  73.8 KB

Name:  RAM_5465.JPG
Views: 1806
Size:  120.3 KB

Name:  DSC03917.JPG
Views: 1275
Size:  266.7 KB

Chorla Ghat (Belgaum to Goa)
Name:  RAM_5779.JPG
Views: 1218
Size:  183.0 KB
rameshnanda is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2013, 01:24   #57
BHPian

Wonderful review, Linea is truly a marvelous and an underrated car in our country, could you please review the Appollo ACELERE tire's which you are currently using.
Visran is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 12:22   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visran View Post
Wonderful review, Linea is truly a marvelous and an underrated car in our country, could you please review the Appollo ACELERE tire's which you are currently using.
Thanks Visran.

I have earlier wrote a short comparo between ACELERE and ZLO in another thread. Link to the post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3193474
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2014, 14:52   #59

Hi Ramesh,

Your experience shared has been very interesting reading .Wishing you many more years of happy motoring. Would like to know what your thoughts on the upcoming face lift and value add which are a must for you if you were going to move on to the new offerings.

Cheers,
Ranju
RanjuRamesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 17:53   #60
Senior - BHPian

Ramesh, nice detailed account & pics of your Linea!

Have some queries:
1. As you driven to many hill stations & ghats, how is the power delivery of the car especially if you are climbing uphill?
2. Hope you have driven Tjet as well, if yes - how do you compare the power delivery on both the cars? Does MJD feel underpowered in certain conditions?
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote