Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 4th June 2014, 09:51   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Ramesh, nice detailed account & pics of your Linea!
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Have some queries:
1. As you driven to many hill stations & ghats, how is the power delivery of the car especially if you are climbing uphill?
As I reply to your question, I have completed 60k on my MJD. To answer your question, the MJD is at its best on hills. It is a bliss to drive the MJD on hills regardless of how steep the road is, it climbs effortlessly.

Quote:
2. Hope you have driven Tjet as well, if yes - how do you compare the power delivery on both the cars? Does MJD feel underpowered in certain conditions?
Yes. I have driven T-Jet as well. I would still say that MJD does a better job on hills than the T-Jet. On plain roads, T-Jet accelerates faster and drives faster. MJD does feel slower in the initial 2 gears and it becomes a beast from 3rd gear.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 11:29   #62

Hi Ramesh, really love your thread and have been following it silently as I too have a thing for Fiat Linea MJD . Hope will own this beast one day. By the way the pictures of your Linea are breath taking. I too have a preserved collection of pics including all the cars we have owned till date. Love to go through the album once in a while to cherish all the memories. Wish you many more miles with your Linea !! Keep updating with wonderful pics
apoorv agha is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 12:35   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
To answer your question, the MJD is at its best on hills. It is a bliss to drive the MJD on hills regardless of how steep the road is, it climbs effortlessly.
Surprised, but nice to hear this!
One more query - if you are driving uphill to Kodai (for example), will you be driving on 3rd gear or we need to pull back to 2nd?
But, if it is Masinagudi - Ooty steep uphill, I guess we need to be on 2nd gear.
Quote:
Yes. I have driven T-Jet as well. I would still say that MJD does a better job on hills than the T-Jet. On plain roads, T-Jet accelerates faster and drives faster. MJD does feel slower in the initial 2 gears and it becomes a beast from 3rd gear.
What is the max speed that MJD can cruise on plain highways (without constraining the engine)?
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 22:06   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoorv agha View Post
By the way the pictures of your Linea are breath taking. I too have a preserved collection of pics including all the cars we have owned till date. Love to go through the album once in a while to cherish all the memories. Wish you many more miles with your Linea !! Keep updating with wonderful pics
Thanks for the comments. You have now inspired me to share few more pics of my car which was shot last weekend.

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-dsc_3347.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-dsc_3369.jpg

A Poetry on Wheels - My Fiat Linea MJD-dsc_3404.jpg

Quote:
One more query - if you are driving uphill to Kodai (for example), will you be driving on 3rd gear or we need to pull back to 2nd?
But, if it is Masinagudi - Ooty steep uphill, I guess we need to be on 2nd gear.
Generally, all ghats can be climbed in 3rd gear. If it is steep at places, you may need to shift to 2nd. Again, it depends on the momentum you create before the steep road.

Quote:
What is the max speed that MJD can cruise on plain highways (without constraining the engine)?
The official top speed of MJD is 170 kmph.
rameshnanda is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2015, 15:19   #65
BHPian

Hello Ramesh Sir,

Very passionate write-up about your beautiful ride. You have kept it utterly clean and strong even after 60k kms on board.

Thoroughly enjoyed the pictures! Few look like jaw dropping amazing!! Please treat our eyes with the latest ones!!
Gran_Tourer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2015, 23:21   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran_Tourer View Post
Hello Ramesh Sir,

Very passionate write-up about your beautiful ride. You have kept it utterly clean and strong even after 60k kms on board.

Thoroughly enjoyed the pictures! Few look like jaw dropping amazing!! Please treat our eyes with the latest ones!!
Thank you Gran_Tourer. The car now has done close to 71000 kms. and remains idle most of the time as I am not in the city currently. Will definitely update and upload more pictures when I am back.
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 08:48   #67
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps an update after very long time.

Completed 6 years of ownership on 17th September. And Linea reached another milestone on 18th.
Name:  AM35474.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  182.2 KB

What was done to the car all these time?
- Upgraded the suspension with the high GC kit
- Replaced timing chain (and water pump) with the new model
- Replaced Engine mounts (ABC mounts)
- All oils replaced and I have now filled Mobil Super MGDO 5w-40 Oil. Initial impression is that it is butter smooth now and way superior than Selenia
- Alloys painted with Dark Grey (and the front grills and fog assembly as well)
- Replaced HU with Pioneer 80prs. And added a Mono Amp
- Replaced tyres with Bridgestone ER60 (195/60 R15)

Latest picture of my Linea.
Name:  AM31595.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  420.9 KB
rameshnanda is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 09:24   #68
BHPian

Another FIAT which has crossed 1L KM and still looking strong .
Wishing you many more happy miles 🙂.

Cheers.
Pradeep.

Last edited by pdma : 20th September 2017 at 09:25.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2017, 12:12   #69
BHPian

Awesome Ramesh. Your car looks and feels great even after the big 1. I was truly impressed after the drive to Kolli hills. Shows how well built the car is and how it stands the test of time. Wish you many more happy miles with her. Happy motoring.
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote