Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 17th February 2013, 13:11   #61

Default Re: Life starts at 75,000 KM Skoda Octavia 1.9TDi

Nice write up Ice...
I got myself a Skoda Octavia recently with about the same figures as you did...84k on the clock...2005 Rider. It was company owned, company maintained with an impeccable service history. Having driven an 2010 Indica Vista all this time, man, this was a fantastic experience. But I hope you would answer some questions of mine:
  • You mentioned your clutch was light...I found it a bit stressful. Is it just me or does the clutch need a bit of work?
  • The car definitely needs a bit of cosmetic work specifically with plastics cause they've aged and appear a bit whitish. Would you recommend I get it changed at a Bosch service center or at an A.S.S.?
TIA
vivekvivek2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2013, 11:30   #62
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekvivek2001 View Post
Nice write up Ice...
I got myself a Skoda Octavia recently with about the same figures as you did...84k on the clock...2005 Rider. It was company owned, company maintained with an impeccable service history. Having driven an 2010 Indica Vista all this time, man, this was a fantastic experience. But I hope you would answer some questions of mine:
  • You mentioned your clutch was light...I found it a bit stressful. Is it just me or does the clutch need a bit of work?
  • Is it on the first clutch? If yes, then it probably needs replacement. I'd get a 2nd and even a 3rd opinion if I were you. If it's on the second clutch @ 84k, you should try and bleed it once.

Quote:
  • The car definitely needs a bit of cosmetic work specifically with plastics cause they've aged and appear a bit whitish. Would you recommend I get it changed at a Bosch service center or at an A.S.S.?
Quote:
TIA
If you're in Chennai, then Veeraraghavan at Bosch Kwikkfitt motors is a good choice. Refer to TN Skoda 4377.
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2013, 21:26   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Is it on the first clutch? If yes, then it probably needs replacement. I'd get a 2nd and even a 3rd opinion if I were you. If it's on the second clutch @ 84k, you should try and bleed it once.
I'm really not sure since I have had this car for only a week now. I'm Bangalore based and the car has been routinely serviced at Vinayak motors. So when you say a 2nd opinion, would it be acceptable to get it inspected at Lotus motors on Mysore road in front of BHEL (they're an authorized Bosch service center).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
If you're in Chennai, then Veeraraghavan at Bosch Kwikkfitt motors is a good choice. Refer to TN Skoda 4377.
Like I mentioned, Bangalore based...so any suggestions here?

OT:
Took the car on the highway for the first time...Bangalore -> Bellur cross -> Bangalore. Good lord does it come alive! Max speed of 160kmph and a fuel economy of 14kmpl at that speed, this car literally defies physics!
vivekvivek2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 17:37   #64
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
I'm really not sure since I have had this car for only a week now. I'm Bangalore based and the car has been routinely serviced at Vinayak motors. So when you say a 2nd opinion, would it be acceptable to get it inspected at Lotus motors on Mysore road in front of BHEL (they're an authorized Bosch service center).

Like I mentioned, Bangalore based...so any suggestions here?
Shivdas - South Motors - Lingarajapuram, or you can get Ganesh to come to your place. I will PM you their contact details.

Quote:
OT:
Took the car on the highway for the first time...Bangalore -> Bellur cross -> Bangalore. Good lord does it come alive! Max speed of 160kmph and a fuel economy of 14kmpl at that speed, this car literally defies physics!
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote