Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2013, 20:23   #286
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,423
Thanked: 14,215 Times
Default

Completed 28,500 kms today as well as shifted home base to Bangalore.

Please recommend the best authorised service centre in Bangalore. Will need to get her serviced within the next two weeks.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2013, 20:49   #287
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,641
Thanked: 1,026 Times
Default

KHT and Prerana have good reviews overall.

So you have moved permanently out of Chennai?
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2013, 21:32   #288
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,423
Thanked: 14,215 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
KHT and Prerana have good reviews overall.

So you have moved permanently out of Chennai?
Yes, and it all happened in less than 2 weeks. Last Tuesday I didn't have a clue about this relocation, and now I'm unpacking all my stuff in Bangalore.

But, I'll still need to visit Chennai frequently as my project is based out of Chennai, with only small teams in Bangalore.

Edit: Do these centres still take Fiat cars now that Bangalore has got dedicated Fiat dealers?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th February 2013 at 21:33.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2013, 22:01   #289
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,351
Thanked: 8,168 Times
Default Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- My FIAT Grande Punto 90HP. EDIT : 20k Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Edit: Do these centres still take Fiat cars now that Bangalore has got dedicated Fiat dealers?
As per what I read in the forum (I think it was Karthik who mentioned), Prerana is opening a Fiat specific dealership and service center. Till then he would continue to serve Fiat as well.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2013, 22:31   #290
Senior - BHPian
 
KarthikK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 3,482 Times
Default Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- My FIAT Grande Punto 90HP. EDIT : 20k Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Completed 28,500 kms today as well as shifted home base to Bangalore.
Welcome sir! Finally perhaps I get a chance to meet the very person (and car) who was the inspiration behind my own 90HP purchase

Quote:
Please recommend the best authorised service centre in Bangalore. Will need to get her serviced within the next two weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
KHT and Prerana have good reviews overall.
Prerana motors any day. Go to KHT only if you like to make repeat visits. KHT is better off servicing rickshaws and tractors. Or no, sorry perhaps they may mess up those too . Too many bad experiences with friends' vehicles in KHT, both in sales and service. Unless you have 'contacts' there, things wont get done. Stay away from them, my personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Edit: Do these centres still take Fiat cars now that Bangalore has got dedicated Fiat dealers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
As per what I read in the forum (I think it was Karthik who mentioned), Prerana is opening a Fiat specific dealership and service center. Till then he would continue to serve Fiat as well.
Prerana motors is opening the dedicated Fiat centre in mid-March. Until then, you can continue to give Fiats for service at the Kudlu gate service centre on Hosur road (which is currently shared with Tata).

I had mentioned the full details here in this post after first service, perhaps it might be useful to you :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3040126

Last edited by KarthikK : 16th February 2013 at 22:33.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2013, 22:52   #291
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,457
Thanked: 4,033 Times
Default Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- My FIAT Grande Punto 90HP. EDIT : 20k Re

Firstly welcome to Bangalore.

To add on to what Karthik has mentioned, go to KHT if you need free scratches or broken internal rear view mirrors. This happens quite often and to get it rectified you have to involve the MD each time.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2013, 00:05   #292
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,641
Thanked: 1,026 Times
Default

Karthik and Krishna, I agree. Even I have a bitter experience with KHT. They would even give you free dents on the door by banging it carelessly. But overall, many recommend this place and hence I did.

I am yet to experience Prerana, but yeah I hear they are great.
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2013, 00:35   #293
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,423
Thanked: 14,215 Times
Default Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- My FIAT Grande Punto 90HP. EDIT : 20k Re

My little FIAT took up this challenge and came out a big winner. Thats a 4 chair dining set i moved to a friends house. The full flat floor after folding the rear seat is hugely practical in an otherwise plain cabin

Name:  20130215_161607.jpg
Views: 1747
Size:  344.1 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
As per what I read in the forum (I think it was Karthik who mentioned), Prerana is opening a Fiat specific dealership and service center. Till then he would continue to serve Fiat as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Prerana motors any day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Firstly welcome to Bangalore.

To add on to what Karthik has mentioned, go to KHT if you need free scratches or broken internal rear view mirrors. This happens quite often and to get it rectified you have to involve the MD each time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Karthik and Krishna, I agree. Even I have a bitter experience with KHT. They would even give you free dents on the door by banging it carelessly. But overall, many recommend this place and hence I did.

I am yet to experience Prerana, but yeah I hear they are great.
Thanks guys! Prerana it is, then!

It is 32 kms away from my apartment - but same is the case with my office!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Welcome sir! Finally perhaps I get a chance to meet the very person (and car) who was the inspiration behind my own 90HP purchase
Sir? I'm still young enough - only restaurant waiters and shopkeepers call me that. Trust me!

Will meet for sure.

EDIT: I was one of the very few who asked you to go for the Swift instead of Punto, since you already had the best FIAT in your garage. I'd like to be passenger in the T-Jet sometime too, if you dont mind. Haven't got a chance for that yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I had mentioned the full details here in this post after first service, perhaps it might be useful to you.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3040126
Ok so, Surendra is the SE i should ask for?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th February 2013 at 00:53.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2013, 08:16   #294
Senior - BHPian
 
KarthikK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 3,482 Times
Default Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- My FIAT Grande Punto 90HP. EDIT : 20k Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Sir? I'm still young enough - only restaurant waiters and shopkeepers call me that. Trust me!
Oops, no no, just said sir casually

Quote:
EDIT: I was one of the very few who asked you to go for the Swift instead of Punto, since you already had the best FIAT in your garage.
Yeah, you had advised me to go for the Swift, but your ownership thread (this one) had more convincing/brainwashing powers .

Quote:
I'd like to be passenger in the T-Jet sometime too, if you dont mind. Haven't got a chance for that yet.
You're welcome CD, anytime!

Quote:
Ok so, Surendra is the SE i should ask for?
Yeah, there are 2-3 SAs there now for Fiat cars, but he is the guy with the most experience (others have joined recently and are undergoing training). Ask for Surendra as soon as you get down from the car. You might need to call and book for service 2-3 days before you plan to give the car there. The service booking hotline is 9845500033.

Last edited by KarthikK : 18th February 2013 at 08:17.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 14:01   #295
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,423
Thanked: 14,215 Times
Default Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- My FIAT Grande Punto 90HP. EDIT : 20k Re

Last weekend, got the red sticker on the dashboard replaced with 3M carbon fibre stickers! Much better now!

Had a wonderful morning with KarthikK, nkrishnap, naditya, Vidyut, Prince (Sorry i didn't get your id) and of course Sidhu of 3M.

Before
Name:  20121001_153434_3.jpg
Views: 1726
Size:  189.4 KB
After
Name:  IMG_8269.JPG
Views: 1651
Size:  351.4 KB
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2013, 03:24   #296
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,423
Thanked: 14,215 Times
Default Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- My FIAT Grande Punto 90HP. EDIT : 20k Re

29800 kms done.

Waiting for the next service! Should have booked it already, but thanks to fellow BHP'ian nkrishnap, I hear that the all new FIAT service center should be open soon. Going to be one of the earliest customers/ scapegoats for FIAT service. Lets see!

Meanwhile - I have started taking a look at headunits. Any suggestions? Below are my requirements + nice to have features.

Current setup - Stock HU, DLS XA40 4channel amp, PHD MF 6.2 components, FB 6 co-axials, JBL GTO 804 8' sub.

Absolutely required
  • Max Budget of 20k.
  • Single DIN
  • Bluetooth telephony.
  • SQL.
  • Should play nice quality from USB.
Nice to have.
  • Silver fascia to match the rest of the center panel.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th March 2013 at 03:28.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 14:40   #297
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,664
Thanked: 6,097 Times
Default Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- My FIAT Grande Punto 90HP. EDIT : 20k Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Meanwhile - I have started taking a look at headunits. Any suggestions? Below are my requirements + nice to have features.
Had suggested it earlier, why not look at a processor? You will keep all the blue&me functions and still get much better sound -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PXE-H660-ALP...0fa4e2&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th March 2013 at 17:01. Reason: Trimming quote content
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 23:08   #298
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,423
Thanked: 14,215 Times
Default Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- My FIAT Grande Punto 90HP. EDIT : 20k Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Had suggested it earlier, why not look at a processor? You will keep all the blue&me functions and still get much better sound -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PXE-H660-ALP...0fa4e2&vxp=mtr
Yes. Had a good research on that, based on your suggestions.

But, again back to HU upgrade only because i am sceptical if the return on investment will be worth the effort. Right now I have spent 49k, and was totally let down by the poor quality HU from FIAT. (Its much better than stock sound, however - I have seen cheap chinese HUs sound much better with these speakers).

Dont want to end up paying another 20k, and still have a system which performs below my expectations. Having a bluetooth enabled HU seems to solve most of the (my) issues arising out of the loss of blue&me.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 23:29   #299
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,664
Thanked: 6,097 Times
Default Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- My FIAT Grande Punto 90HP. EDIT : 20k Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Yes. Had a good research on that, based on your suggestions.

But, again back to HU upgrade only because i am sceptical if the return on investment will be worth the effort. Right now I have spent 49k, and was totally let down by the poor quality HU from FIAT. (Its much better than stock sound, however - I have seen cheap chinese HUs sound much better with these speakers).

Dont want to end up paying another 20k, and still have a system which performs below my expectations. Having a bluetooth enabled HU seems to solve most of the (my) issues arising out of the loss of blue&me.
Understandable, but believe me processor sounds as good if not better than any aftermarket HU. It also has time alignment, etc which not too many HUs in 20k have (don't think they do). Either way its your choice
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 21:40   #300
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,423
Thanked: 14,215 Times
Default Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- My FIAT Grande Punto 90HP. EDIT : 20k Re

Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday to you...

Its her first birthday, and she celebrated in style -
Name:  IMG_8511_800.jpg
Views: 1233
Size:  292.9 KB

Even more style -
Name:  IMG_8506b_800.jpg
Views: 1107
Size:  240.0 KB

30,000 kms in exactly 1 year @ 2500 kms/ month - Will post detailed report soon.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 years / 20,000 km with my Italian Stallion : The Fiat Punto Evo 90HP Sudeep_Kimster Long-Term Ownership Reviews 39 4th November 2016 15:31
Fiat Grande Punto and the new Fiat Sedan; Tata-Fiat JV jkdas The Indian Car Scene 37 4th March 2009 17:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks