Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2013, 21:39   #361
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,735
Thanked: 15,799 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Car is looking pretty good at close to 50k on the odo. The 3M guys have achieved decent shine on a white car.

Any reason you din't opt for the Primacy LC replacement from michelin ?
Price was the main factor. Even XM2 is more expensive than Yokohama AVS DB. PLC itself was expensive, I'm sure the replacement will be costlier still!

Plus- everyone I spoke to (except KarthikK. ) dreaded the soft sidewalls of the Michelins. AVS DB seems slightly better in that aspect. Important since the car is my daily drive.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 22:30   #362
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,517
Thanked: 719 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Plus- everyone I spoke to (except KarthikK. ) dreaded the soft sidewalls of the Michelins. AVS DB seems slightly better in that aspect. Important since the car is my daily drive.
Hmm after sitting on the fence for long got PLC for my dad's car. Its brilliant but I've to always warn the driver to be slow and careful.

I'll also have to swap if I get dreaded MRFs on my ecosport. Looking at all possible (economical) options.
shashank.nk is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 18:50   #363
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 54
Thanked: 51 Times
Default re: A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 1,50,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Had a brilliant drive over the weekend.

Bangalore - Alleppey - Bangalore.

RD box was sitting at home. I'm surprised with the change in the stock engine response. Its true that FIAT engines do get better with time! The drive involved a lot of high speed cruising due to heavy rains. Have a look at the final FE figures! Wasn't driving to extract FE - may be the effect of all the cruising.

Attachment 1136588

Attachment 1136589

Yes - she's nearing the 48,000 kms milestone - and she will be 1 1/2 years old tomorrow.

Some random pictures taken over the past two weeks -

Attachment 1136591

Attachment 1136592

Attachment 1136593

On the negative side -

I'm absolutely frustrated about the a/c issue.
I am aghast seeing your FE figures! And from other forums as well! I have a 2012 Punto Sport but I never manage to return figures like these and I dont have a heavy right foot either.

In Bangalore City, the car returns around 13.5-14 kpl. My office route being BTM-Electronic City-BTM. Generally travelling alone.
And I drive down to Kerala often, and it returns about 17 kpl. I generally travel with my wife, my son and his nanny (luggage fully loaded)
All figures from the MID. AC always on.

Not that I am very unhappy about it, but it looks pathetic compared to yours.

Also, my car has done about 30K now (due for the 3rd service) and the turbo lag still exists all the way upto 2000 rpm.

I am not sure if I am doing something terribly wrong. Help?
Raneeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 21:02   #364
BHPian
 
parimal_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 435
Thanked: 174 Times
Default re: A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 1,50,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Price was the main factor. Even XM2 is more expensive than Yokohama AVS DB. PLC itself was expensive, I'm sure the replacement will be costlier still!

Plus- everyone I spoke to (except KarthikK. ) dreaded the soft sidewalls of the Michelins. AVS DB seems slightly better in that aspect. Important since the car is my daily drive.
Am using PLC from day one on my Punto and belie me roads in this part of the country are worst and had suffered only two punctures till date, the tyres are amazing and after 40k still good for anther 5k and i have done lots of high speed driving and sometimes not cared about the potholes, but anyways Yokos are as good, am sure you must be enjoying the Punto handling more with Yokos.
parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2013, 14:06   #365
BHPian
 
csateesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 481
Thanked: 113 Times
Default re: A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 1,50,000 km up!

@ CD - I looked at the thread and it was Deja Vu.

The MRF ZLO has very very similar tread pattern.

Cross posting from another thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3258816 (Swift Diesel.Vdi - Ownership report.Facing problems -Maruti refuses to honor warranty)

May we request you to post a pic of the oil dip stick right after service to put to rest our fears ?

Have many more fun filled miles

Cheers
csateesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2013, 09:04   #366
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,735
Thanked: 15,799 Times
Default re: A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 1,50,000 km up!

I have not been posting anything about the car since I am trying hard to get the a/c issue resolved. Everything else seems secondary now!

Meanwhile, it went through two more cleaning and detailing sessions at 3M HSR layout. So that takes the total number to 12. Didn't take any photographs this time though.

Also had planned to install interior footwell LEDs along with the red rocket (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3260578), but that also had to be postponed at the last minute since I dont want the service guys to screw up the wiring when the work on the a/c unit.

Car will be taking us to Chikamagalur this weekend - and that should bring up a big milestone - 50,000 kms on the odo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I'll also have to swap if I get dreaded MRFs on my ecosport. Looking at all possible (economical) options.
So did this happen yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneeth View Post
I am aghast seeing your FE figures! And from other forums as well! I have a 2012 Punto Sport but I never manage to return figures like these and I dont have a heavy right foot either.

In Bangalore City, the car returns around 13.5-14 kpl. My office route being BTM-Electronic City-BTM. Generally travelling alone.
And I drive down to Kerala often, and it returns about 17 kpl. I generally travel with my wife, my son and his nanny (luggage fully loaded)
All figures from the MID. AC always on.

Not that I am very unhappy about it, but it looks pathetic compared to yours.

Also, my car has done about 30K now (due for the 3rd service) and the turbo lag still exists all the way upto 2000 rpm.

I am not sure if I am doing something terribly wrong. Help?
Dont worry. FE depends a lot on driving conditions. My daily route is from Yelahanka to Whitefield through ORR - and most of the time i work off peak timings. I see fellow member nkrishnap reporting similar FE numbers as yours and he travels peak traffic timings in bangalore.

Regarding turbo lag - you might want to read Karthik's remapping report!
Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Am using PLC from day one on my Punto and belie me roads in this part of the country are worst and had suffered only two punctures till date, the tyres are amazing and after 40k still good for anther 5k and i have done lots of high speed driving and sometimes not cared about the potholes, but anyways Yokos are as good, am sure you must be enjoying the Punto handling more with Yokos.
AVS DB is a decent handler, but nothing exceptional! It really shines in the areas of NVH and comfort though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
@ CD - I looked at the thread and it was Deja Vu.

The MRF ZLO has very very similar tread pattern.

Cross posting from another thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3258816 (Swift Diesel.Vdi - Ownership report.Facing problems -Maruti refuses to honor warranty)

May we request you to post a pic of the oil dip stick right after service to put to rest our fears ?

Have many more fun filled miles

Cheers
Wish I could help! But sadly - I am nearing the 50k mark and the next service is not due till 60k. nkrishnap and KarthikK also completed their service two weeks back only. I suggest you post this in the Punto TD thread so that someone who is going for regular service should be able to help sooner.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th October 2013 at 09:05.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2013, 20:29   #367
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,517
Thanked: 719 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
So did this happen yet?
Nope. Looks like it'll take a month or so.
shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 11:16   #368
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,735
Thanked: 15,799 Times
Default 50,000 kms.

So - the big milestone has come and gone.

50,000 kms completed in 585 days since purchase.
Name:  20131015_181546_800.jpg
Views: 1709
Size:  180.7 KB

Here are some pics. Will post a detailed report once the a/c issue is resolved, hopefully this weekend.

Car ready for the Chikmagalur trip. Got her washed and waxed.
Name:  20131012_145737_800.jpg
Views: 1535
Size:  280.6 KB
Name:  20131012_145842_800.jpg
Views: 1496
Size:  281.0 KB
Name:  20131012_145542_800.jpg
Views: 1464
Size:  297.0 KB

Pics from the trip -

Name:  20131014_111339_800.jpg
Views: 1511
Size:  350.1 KB

Name:  IMG_9118_800.jpg
Views: 1472
Size:  351.3 KB

Name:  IMG_9178_800.jpg
Views: 1421
Size:  407.7 KB

Name:  IMG_9188_800.jpg
Views: 1478
Size:  338.0 KB
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 11:32   #369
BHPian
 
johy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 839
Thanked: 370 Times
Default Re: 50,000 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
So - the big milestone has come and gone.

50,000 kms completed in 585 days since purchase.
Attachment 1153761
Congrats mate. Big milestone crossed. And I think you need to get the bulb of your number plate checked.
johy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 13:07   #370
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,735
Thanked: 15,799 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post

Congrats mate. Big milestone crossed. And I think you need to get the bulb of your number plate checked.
Got it changed last week, but the warning has cropped up again. Looks like a loose contact rather than bulb issue.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 21:31   #371
BHPian
 
S.MJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 432
Thanked: 476 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Got it changed last week, but the warning has cropped up again. Looks like a loose contact rather than bulb issue.
Congrats CD.
At 50k your BNW still looks new from the showroom, very well maintained.

Had same issue for left parking light.

Warning light used to crop up time and again, but has dissappeared by itself after the end of monsoon.
Not sure, but I suspect moisture to be the culprit.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:58   #372
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,735
Thanked: 15,799 Times
Default re: A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 1,50,000 km up!

FINALLY - A/C ISSUE RESOLVED!

Its heating now, cooling now and what not. I'm a happy man. Although it took a long time coming, the dedication shown by FIAT and the dealer towards the end was impressive. Anyways, all is well now.

Anyone facing the similar problem and wants to know more details - please PM me. I wont be posting more details on the thread.

Now, time for -

1. Footwell LEDs like Karthik got for the red rocket. Plan was to get it done together, however - I had to wait since the a/c work was in progress.

2. RD dual channel box will go back under the hood this friday.

3. Dyno run on Saturday. Yes, the box goes head-on against the remapped red rocket. Probably - I'll lose this one by a big margin.

4. Full interior detailing at 3M. Its been 50,000 kms and only exterior detailing till now. Time to get the interiors back to showroom condition as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Congrats CD.
At 50k your BNW still looks new from the showroom, very well maintained.

Had same issue for left parking light.

Warning light used to crop up time and again, but has dissappeared by itself after the end of monsoon.
Not sure, but I suspect moisture to be the culprit.
Thank you. But sadly - its not showroom condition and has a few scratches thanks to Bangalore traffic. Thanks to 3M car care and Trend Automotive, Bangalore - I have been able to minimize it. I now repent my colour choice though! Red/ black would have been a lot better for detailing - even your grey for that matter looks so elegant.

Warning light was checked by the service center again. Gone now and hasn't come back for the last 1 week. Hopefully - things remain this way.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd October 2013 at 09:02.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 13:02   #373
BHPian
 
S.MJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 432
Thanked: 476 Times
Default re: A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 1,50,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
4. Full interior detailing at 3M. Its been 50,000 kms and only exterior detailing till now. Time to get the interiors back to showroom condition as well.
I am also planning interior detailing some time during Diwali break.
Can you pls share the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I now repent my colour choice though! Red/ black would have been a lot better for detailing - even your grey for that matter looks so elegant.
I disagree pls, white & red are the best suited colors for Punto.

Infact I feel I have made a mistake by selecting M Gray. It may look elegant but not gorgeous, the way Punto should be.
S.MJet is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 14:03   #374
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,472
Thanked: 4,060 Times
Default re: A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 1,50,000 km up!

I am very glad that the AC issue got resolved finally. You will have to write a book to let people know how it got resolved . This one was weird for sure.

You can keep away from scratches on the car. Even nobody bumps into you, a few idiots who cant see a scratchless car will scratch it to satisfy their sad souls. I have one on the bonnet. Friday will ask Sidhu to fix it.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2013, 18:23   #375
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,735
Thanked: 15,799 Times
Default re: A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 1,50,000 km up!

Dyno run completed for the RD dual channel box.

More update here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3276972
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 years / 20,000 km with my Italian Stallion : The Fiat Punto Evo 90HP Sudeep_Kimster Long-Term Ownership Reviews 39 4th November 2016 15:31
Fiat Grande Punto and the new Fiat Sedan; Tata-Fiat JV jkdas The Indian Car Scene 37 4th March 2009 17:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks