Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2012, 13:27   #76
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 128
Thanked: 125 Times
Default Re: My very own Vermillion Red BMW 320d

Thanks Rishi, appreciate the thoughts. If I were to be able to get simply the front mats, that would make my life a lot easier. Almost no one ever sits in the back! And I get original mats too! Will in any case be going to the dealer this weekend to rough out the navigation panga too
elantracrdi05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 15:03   #77
BHPian
 
AirbusA340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 136
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: My very own Vermillion Red BMW 320d

Hi. A lot of stock 3's have come with navigation professional installed. The dealerships are charging for the license key though! What did your guy tell you?!
AirbusA340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 22:47   #78
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 128
Thanked: 125 Times
Default Re: My very own Vermillion Red BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post
Hi. A lot of stock 3's have come with navigation professional installed. The dealerships are charging for the license key though! What did your guy tell you?!
Well, he didn't even mention the satnav option at the time of sale. All I was told was that it wasn't available. I need to speak to the guys next time I can get the time to go to the dealership. Many thanks for the update though.
elantracrdi05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 11:40   #79
BHPian
 
Musicmaker23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 145
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: My very own Vermillion Red BMW 320d

One of the most wonderfully worded reviews I've read in a long time. Congrats on your great purchase & what a wonderful upgrade from the Elantra!
I loved the way you talked everyone through your decision, & especially liked how you described the showroom "attitude". So often, they shoot themselves in the foot by not treating a prospective client well. There've been numerous people I know who were swayed by an eager & knowledgeable salesperson towards a car which they weren't initially up for, but ended up loving.
Happy cruising!
Musicmaker23 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 14:46   #80
BHPian
 
ashwin23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: My very own Vermillion Red BMW 320d

One of the best reviews I've read so far on Team Bhp. Congratulations on your purchase

The red beemer really is a looker wow! I'd have to say it's my favorite color.I can't wait for your long term review of the same. Seems to me like you got practically the best dealership you could get as well. Happy driving!
ashwin23 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 19:11   #81
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mumbai, London
Posts: 54
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: My very own Vermillion Red BMW 320d

Thanks for the detailed selection writeup, congrats on the bmw, however, this is an out going model and 2012 model is already out globally, why didnt u go for the newer model?
worrisomebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 22:08   #82
BHPian
 
AirbusA340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 136
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: My very own Vermillion Red BMW 320d

These are surely the last ones that have old school looks and the feel. Frankly, the outgoing model is not so good as the pre LCI hydraulic assist '3', but looking at how things are progressing, these ones would actually turn out better. I drove the F30 in London last month and the aftermarket looking iDrive screen, insanely short wood trim on the dash, sad looking stock alloys were hard to digest even in flesh. The headlight design is only good that it's dimensions and the shape have changed. The unevenly cut rings are not great looking, at least to the old school guys

The newly announced facelift 7's headlights have weird corona rings now. The rings would be history in the next few years and could probably end up beig a line! Sad..

To add to this, there are rumours about the 2014 M3 getting EPS. No matter how good an algorithm is, I doubt it would reduce any criticism currently there.

Anyways, enjoy your ride. What's the update with your race chip?!
AirbusA340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2012, 09:28   #83
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 128
Thanked: 125 Times
Default Re: My very own Vermillion Red BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrisomebear View Post
Thanks for the detailed selection writeup, congrats on the bmw, however, this is an out going model and 2012 model is already out globally, why didnt u go for the newer model?
I have stated before. To get the new one, I would have had to settle for a base model considering the discounts I received. I upgraded from a base model purchase to an Exclusive edition with a fair bit of difficulty and then going further by at least 5-6 lacs would have not been possible. Also, my reasoning was not whether this would be an inferior car vs the new one, it was simply that this was the best car I had driven in my life and that was enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post
These are surely the last ones that have old school looks and the feel. Frankly, the outgoing model is not so good as the pre LCI hydraulic assist '3', but looking at how things are progressing, these ones would actually turn out better. I drove the F30 in London last month and the aftermarket looking iDrive screen, insanely short wood trim on the dash, sad looking stock alloys were hard to digest even in flesh. The headlight design is only good that it's dimensions and the shape have changed. The unevenly cut rings are not great looking, at least to the old school guys

The newly announced facelift 7's headlights have weird corona rings now. The rings would be history in the next few years and could probably end up beig a line! Sad..

To add to this, there are rumours about the 2014 M3 getting EPS. No matter how good an algorithm is, I doubt it would reduce any criticism currently there.

Anyways, enjoy your ride. What's the update with your race chip?!
Hi AirbusA340, I wouldn't like to comment on the new one yet since I haven't seen it in the flesh. I simply think that mine was enough for me

I have heard of people 'upgrading' to white corona rings - if you ask me, I prefer my golden glows much more.

RaceChip - well, I have only used it for a few hundred kms and haven't experimented much. Request for more time so that I can do the review justice!
elantracrdi05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 13:20   #84
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 128
Thanked: 125 Times
Default My very own Vermillion Red BMW 320d - EDIT Service experience

It has been a while since I updated my experience of the car. Well, the car went for its first service last week at 12,200 km.

The Driving Experience since last post:

The car continues to make me smile like a baby with chocolate. Drove the car with the RaceChip till just before the service and as I had stated earlier, I was feeling that there was a small difference in the torque and the engine 'seemed' to be breathing easier.

After I pulled the RaceChip out, that is when I really felt the difference. I was really missing the extra punch which I thought was just my imagination. Now I am certain that it really does make a difference!

Done many miles now so the experiences have allowed me to get bolder at U-turns and when the roads are less grippy to feel the RWD experience. You just flick the steering and gun it - grins guaranteed!

Service Experience at Bird Automotive

Part 1: Repairs
The car got into a stupid shunt where an Endeavor backed into my car at a Red Light. The bonnet was dented and the bumper also got some damage. Took the car to Bird and asked for an estimate. Was told that no need for replacement and a denting / painting job would suffice. Was promised the car in a week but after much follow up, the guys took 12 days to get the job done. The workmanship was absolutely top notch.

They do have a terrible attitude on follow ups. The service advisor would just not pick up his phone and also would never call back. Since the job was well done, I did not complain in writing, just told his superior that this is not the way to do it.

Part 2: Service

The car went for the service and I told them that in addition, there was a creaking sound coming from the dashboard. They promised to check it even though it was not covered under the BSI Ultimate. The car was promised by 4 pm but they finally gave it at 6:30 pm. It was kind of late and dark so I did not pay too much attention to the work done but the creak seemed to have been resolved.

The next day in broad daylight I noticed that the A pillar on the left side had bad smudge marks. The guys had really dirtied the car and simply forgotton to clean it. In addition, there was a noise coming from the steering column.

I was not pleased at all. I took the car in today after calling them yesterday. Both problems were resolved within half an hour with some cleanser for the A pillar and some lubrication of the steering column. I hope the steering issue is resolved for now.

Again, the dealer experience is not good - One of those guys actually told me that maybe the steering noise was there earlier but I didn't notice it because my dash was creaking. What the heck man, I am not an idiot!

Until next update, cheers!

Last edited by elantracrdi05 : 26th September 2012 at 13:21.
elantracrdi05 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2012, 14:36   #85
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 96
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: My very own Vermillion Red BMW 320d

Hey!
How many months after delivery of your car did you need to get your first service done!?
saketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 10:27   #86
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 128
Thanked: 125 Times
Default Re: My very own Vermillion Red BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
Hey!
How many months after delivery of your car did you need to get your first service done!?
The service was done exactly 7 months from date of purchase. Odo reading was 12,200km on date of service.

Depending on the city congestion levels and the weight of your foot, I think this can dramatically come down to 4,000-6,000 km as well.

How goes your new ride? Any updates to share with us?
elantracrdi05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 14:15   #87
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 96
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: My very own Vermillion Red BMW 320d

I'm planning to start an ownership thread but only after I get done with the running in of 1000 kms. As of now just babying the car through traffic and empty roads because i was instructed to stick to around 100 km/hr for the first 1000 kms! Apart from the stiff ride, there are absolutely no complaints so far!
saketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 14:44   #88
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 813
Thanked: 220 Times
Default Re: My very own Vermillion Red BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
I'm planning to start an ownership thread but only after I get done with the running in of 1000 kms. As of now just babying the car through traffic and empty roads because i was instructed to stick to around 100 km/hr for the first 1000 kms! Apart from the stiff ride, there are absolutely no complaints so far!
Did the showroom guys say about the 100 km limit? I was told that BM does not have any break-in limits. I did not press it hard for the 1st 2500 kms, but focus was on RPM not to cross 2500, did around 150 km/hr without sudden acceleration.

It is good to avoid sudden breaking (may not be in our control) for 1st 1000 kms. This again is a tip picked from other makes and not by Beemer, this is to ensure that brake pads become even on the surface

Last edited by gadadhar : 8th October 2012 at 14:45.
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 14:56   #89
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 96
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: My very own Vermillion Red BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Did the showroom guys say about the 100 km limit? I was told that BM does not have any break-in limits. I did not press it hard for the 1st 2500 kms, but focus was on RPM not to cross 2500, did around 150 km/hr without sudden acceleration.

It is good to avoid sudden breaking (may not be in our control) for 1st 1000 kms. This again is a tip picked from other makes and not by Beemer, this is to ensure that brake pads become even on the surface
Yup. They said try keeping it within 100-120km/hr and avoid pressing the accelerator pedal fully/initiating kickdown and of course keep it below the 2500 RPM mark for the first 1000 kms and gradually you can increase speeds. If i'm not wrong the service manual also says something similar. Limit under 2500 RPM/150 km/hr for the first 1500 kms or so and gradually increase.
saketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 15:37   #90
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 813
Thanked: 220 Times
Default Re: My very own Vermillion Red BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
Yup. They said try keeping it within 100-120km/hr and avoid pressing the accelerator pedal fully/initiating kickdown and of course keep it below the 2500 RPM mark for the first 1000 kms and gradually you can increase speeds. If i'm not wrong the service manual also says something similar. Limit under 2500 RPM/150 km/hr for the first 1500 kms or so and gradually increase.
Thanks Saketa, let me check the manual again, I don't remeber seeing this (it's of now use for me now ). Within 2500 RPM, you can do more than 160 easily, just need to make sure you don't press the pedal suddenly
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Vermillion Red BMW 320D gadadhar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 54 14th November 2016 18:09
New Skoda Octavia or Pre-owned BMW F30 320d. EDIT: New 320d booked coolboy007 Sedans 54 17th June 2016 15:41
BMW 325i,320d or 523i??? EDIT Bought 320D Highline morphin1 Luxury, Imports & Niche 67 13th April 2015 13:57
A very very very hot Murcielago. v12 The International Automotive Scene 18 14th July 2004 22:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks