Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 26th December 2015, 11:53   #256
BHPian

Default re: All Hail Crusoe! Fiat Linea T-Jet+ : Four years and 47,000 kms done

Thanks - estimated time to repair is 1 month and cost is Rs. 3-4 lakhs. all electricals need to be checked.

Again, I have to say this - if you have a fiat and have a serious blow, its really really bad -fiat service centres are familiar only with basic servicing - dismantling a car, identifying issues etc. is really poorer than course.

Contrast this with maruti which is handling 100 x the volumes in chennai and yet is getting stuff done in 15-20 days. Also, I am dreading their attention todetail - I hope car will work flawlessly after that and I hope I do not get stranded in the middle of nowhere later on.

Let's see what happens - I tried claiming total loss but mechanically since there is no issue, it has to be repaired it seems.
varadha_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2016, 17:20   #257
BHPian

I got my car back - mixed bag. mechanicals are in fantastic shape but interior got soiled because of car standing under the sun after being stained by muddy water for two months.

Electricals are workign alright but small issues like speed adjusting volume control on HU not working.

I can say this again, the customer service from fiat is amongst the worst and with a capital "W". It took them 30 days after i paid money to get the car out and even then there were so many niggles - absolutely no PDI, no checks, nothing. I pointed out about 12-13 niggles which were fixed after a day when I took delivery of my car.

I can safely say that for those who want to buy a fiat car -may not be a bad idea to befriend an independent garage. I have had a maruti before and the service is incomparable - they used to call after every service and enquire about feedback.

Here, the moment money changes hands and gate pass is issued, you can forget about getting anything fixed.
varadha_r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 21:03   #258
BHPian

Update: Crusoe is now four years old and has completed 47,000 KMs. This year due to my health issues and work related travel, Crusoe has spent most of its time sitting in the garage but whatever time it was on roads, it managed to rule it. I still love the car as much as I did the first day I drove it out of the showroom. Once again, All Hail Crusoe!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by varadha_r View Post
I got my car back - mixed bag. mechanicals are in fantastic shape but interior got soiled because of car standing under the sun after being stained by muddy water for two months.
What happened to your car is quite unfortunate. I can understand your irritation with FASS, and would have reacted in a similar manner had I been in your shoes. I have mentioned in this thread earlier that my love/association is with Fiat the manufacturer not Fiat the service provider. After four years and 47,000 KMs, I can't find a fault in the product.

I returned from a trip to Uttarakhand yesterday, and during the past week I've traveled through some really treacherous roads. Absolutely no surface, steep hairpins, and just truck traffic for company. My car took many under-body hits and yet managed to get us out of such tracks safely, and without any mechanical issues. It was hot and dusty outside so we kept the AC on and still the car had enough torque to climb the bad roads. Along with all this, it still looks like a million bucks. It still manages to turn heads, and people in the hills do act surprised to see a 'luxury' (as per them) sedan on such terrain.

I can't think of many other Sedans that would have costed less than 10 lacs in 2012, and would have managed to provide the ownership experience that I have had with my Linea T-jet+
Biraj is online now   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 16:18   #259
BHPian

Default Re: All Hail Crusoe! Fiat Linea T-Jet+ : Four years and 47,000 kms done

Hi Biraj,

Can you kindly update the condition of your CEAT Gripp tyres? How are they performing now?

Thanks!
sai_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 09:12   #260

Hi Biraj,

I would want your feedback on the CEAT Gripp LN tyres as well.
Also are they cost effective compared to the GoodYears or BridgeStones?

thanks,
Kart
Kart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 17:53   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart View Post
Hi Biraj,

I would want your feedback on the CEAT Gripp LN tyres as well.
Also are they cost effective compared to the GoodYears or BridgeStones?

thanks,
Kart
Hi Kart, I haven't driven the car much in the past couple of years thus the total mileage in almost four years is about 25,000 KMs. So far, no punctures and tyres have performed satisfactorily. The noise is lesser than Goodyear NCT 5 and the grip levels are also decent even on the wet surface. It's definitely a cost-efficient option.

Cheers,
Biraj
Biraj is online now   Reply With Quote