Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 24th February 2016, 14:51   #331
BHPian

Update:

The car touched 45k yesterday.
Facing two issues now:
1. A broken wing mirror, some moron broke the left mirror in a failed attempt of theft. I'm guessing, it must be some cab guy since it happened in the airport parking. Crack also suggests that someone tried pulling it out. I had mentioned this in one of my previous posts.

2. Leaking AC!!
3 weeks ago, most of the roads in Chennai were in extremely bad shape due to the floods. I crashed into a pothole at decent speeds & a drain pipe of the AC has started to leak inside the car. The bottom area of the dashboard right above the passenger foot well is where the water is leaking from.
Thinking of taking it to Toyota this week to get these two issues sorted out.

The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. EDIT: 50,000 kms update-1456305679571.jpg

Last edited by saadat1992 : 24th February 2016 at 14:53.
saadat1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 16:30   #332
BHPian

Default re: The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. EDIT: 50,000 kms update

Good going sir! I wish to know. Post how many kms does one switch to synthetic? I'm nearing just 12k still thought will ask you. I know Toyota offers just 2 variants of oil, mineral and synthetic. Both by Denso.
coolmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2016, 10:01   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Good going sir! I wish to know. Post how many kms does one switch to synthetic? I'm nearing just 12k still thought will ask you. I know Toyota offers just 2 variants of oil, mineral and synthetic. Both by Denso.
Dude, was that question for me? :P

I'm still using mineral oil, don't plan to switch to Synthetic.
Old 1st March 2016, 07:12   #334
BHPian

Default re: The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. EDIT: 50,000 kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar View Post
I have had sad experiences with the Toyota Service, Nandi and Ravindu! Their regular service folks dont know anything! They just follow a list of procedures for service. Will post an elaborate post on my nightmare with Nandi Toyota!
Hello. I bought my etios from Viva in Hebbal, and get her serviced at their Hunsemaranhalli branch, on the airport road. They're pretty pretty good. I suggest you try with them next time onward, unless your problems are sorted out.
Sridutt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 13:55   #335
BHPian

Update on the AC leakage:

I took the car for a service on Saturday, mentioned the leak and they asked me to collect it on Monday. I received a text from Harsha Toyota saying that my bill was 401 bucks and that my car was ready.

I reached Toyota by 3:30pm and received the car by 4. Checked the leaks & it seemed pretty dry. No leaks at all. The SA mentioned that we will have to overhaul the AC the next time it leaks(Not sure why he mentioned this, more on this later) Also, was kind of disappointed that they gave back a very dusty car and hadn't bothered to dust it & they also hadn't cleaned the water that was inside the car. SA said that they don't do it unless I ask them for a water wash & regular cleaning -_-

The issue was a blocked drain pipe. Dust had clogged the filter & the drain pipes, thanks to the extremely dusty two months we faced due to broken roads, after the deluge in Chennai.

I paid the bill, got the gate pass and started home from Toyota. It's a 16km drive on the Chennai - Bangalore highway and I was able to test it out. Blasted the AC at 3 points and did some acceleration tests & leakage tests. Car was accelerating better than before. I'm not sure how! Might be the clogged air filter & the inefficient AC. Drove home & found no leaks at all. Was pretty happy about it until this morning.

This morning, when we took the car out, we noticed that it had started to leak again!! This time , from a different place. The SA had mentioned about leaks in the future, I called up Harsha Toyota and asked them what the hell was going on & why it had started leaking again for which they asked me to bring the car to them. Also, they told that it would take 4 days for them to rectify this. Call this bad luck! I didn't sign up for SMILES this time :/
Was thinking of signing up at 50k.

Will take the car to Harsha , this weekend and asses what's wrong with the AC unit.
Old 10th March 2016, 16:43   #336
BHPian

Update:

The AC leakage seemed to have fixed itself! No leaks after that.
And then an issue arose! Two days ago, when I switched on the car and then turned on the AC, the engine shut down! I started again & it worked fine even after switching on the AC. I thought it must have been some minor glitch. And yesterday, when I switched on the car & turned on the AC, this happened again! engine shut down & when I started again, it worked like it should. Both happened during lunch hour (2pm) & didn't happen in the morning or night.
And, it didn't happen today either. I guess there must be some issue with the AC that needs to be sorted out. Any of you faced an issue with your Etios/Liva or any other car?

Also, replaced the broken mirror from Pudupet. An extremely cheap alternative compared to what Toyota quoted. Thanks to the numerous cars declared as total loss during the floods, I got this original mirror for 180 bucks, Toyota had quoted 2k for it.
The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. EDIT: 50,000 kms update-1457608403017.jpg
Old 12th March 2016, 02:23   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Dude, was that question for me? :P

I'm still using mineral oil, don't plan to switch to Synthetic.
Of course it was for you who else! I'm switching to synthetic post 20000. :-)
Old 8th April 2016, 13:22   #338
BHPian

Got 2 queries:

1: When you turn on the ignition but not crank the engine, do you hear a faint whizzing noise from the engine bay? Like an audio frequency kind.

2: Do you feel the air coming out from the left side of the steering wheel channel, just close to your knee and little ahead of the steering adjust knob?

Noticed these during my last free service yesterday.
Old 8th April 2016, 13:33   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Update:
Also, replaced the broken mirror from Pudupet. An extremely cheap alternative compared to what Toyota quoted. Thanks to the numerous cars declared as total loss during the floods, I got this original mirror for 180 bucks, Toyota had quoted 2k for it.
Where in Pudupet can I get it? I also want to replace the left side mirror.
rajivr1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 14:10   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Got 2 queries:

1: When you turn on the ignition but not crank the engine, do you hear a faint whizzing noise from the engine bay? Like an audio frequency kind.

2: Do you feel the air coming out from the left side of the steering wheel channel, just close to your knee and little ahead of the steering adjust knob?

Noticed these during my last free service yesterday.
1. I hear that when I turn off the engine. It's audible only when you're in a quiet place & when the bonnet is open. Kind of like robotic / Printer noises.

2. There's air leakage above the passenger foot well as well. I took up this issue with Toyota like 3 days after my car's delivery and they said it's common among the etios twins. They even showed us a car that had come for service & it had the air leakage too. This is one of the reasons why I need to take loo breaks frequently during my highway runs 😂

Last edited by saadat1992 : 8th April 2016 at 14:12.
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 14:11   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Where in Pudupet can I get it? I also want to replace the left side mirror.
Any shop with car spares in pudupet.
I can't recollect the name of the shop that I got it from.
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2016, 01:30   #342
BHPian

Quote:
1. I hear that when I turn off the engine. It's audible only when you're in a quiet place & when the bonnet is open. Kind of like robotic / Printer noises.

2. There's air leakage above the passenger foot well as well. I took up this issue with Toyota like 3 days after my car's delivery and they said it's common among the etios twins. They even showed us a car that had come for service & it had the air leakage too. This is one of the reasons why I need to take loo breaks frequently during my highway runs 😂
But are these issues normal? What is that noise one hears before the car cranks up or versa in your case?
Old 10th April 2016, 13:11   #343
BHPian

Quote:
But are these issues normal? What is that noise one hears before the car cranks up or versa in your case?
I'm not sure about that.
Never bothered to ask Toyota either.
The car runs absolutely fine. Even this morning I was able to clock triple digit speeds for a short burst without any issues
Old 11th April 2016, 14:46   #344
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure about that.
Never bothered to ask Toyota either.
The car runs absolutely fine. Even this morning I was able to clock triple digit speeds for a short burst without any issues
Bound to. It's a toyota in the end.
Old 15th April 2016, 19:44   #345
BHPian

Update:

The white knight crossed the 46k mark day before. Brakes seem to be a bit on the weaker side, car feels skittish under heavy braking at speeds. Need to check with Toyota on that.
The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. EDIT: 50,000 kms update-1460729677234.jpg