Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2013, 12:05   #121
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 235
Thanked: 97 Times
Default re: The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. 25000 kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Rear suspensions do not have a major problem really. They add spacers but no new suspensions under warranty.
Yes, they are adding only the spacers at the back to take care of sagging due to heavy load. No other suspension change at the rear. Atleast thats what they did to my Liva when I complained.
sups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 16:23   #122
BHPian
 
sawnilrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 236
Thanked: 338 Times
Default re: The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. 25000 kms update

Hi Sadaat, Congrats on your purchase brother. Very well written review. I keep travelling to bangalore a lot, and most of this airport taxi's are Etios. And my office is right in the middle of the city in JP Nagar. However, I find the rear seat of the Etios extremely uncomfortable to seat. Probably may be I am spoilt due to the comfort of City. Just wanted to know, how have been your experience travelling constantly for hour and two seated on the back seat in the Liva.

Congrats once again and enjoy miles together to come on the car..
sawnilrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 19:44   #123
BHPian
 
saadat1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chennai (TN-10)
Posts: 588
Thanked: 287 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Hi Sadaat, Congrats on your purchase brother. Very well written review. I keep travelling to bangalore a lot, and most of this airport taxi's are Etios. And my office is right in the middle of the city in JP Nagar. However, I find the rear seat of the Etios extremely uncomfortable to seat. Probably may be I am spoilt due to the comfort of City. Just wanted to know, how have been your experience travelling constantly for hour and two seated on the back seat in the Liva.

Congrats once again and enjoy miles together to come on the car..
Hi Sawnilrules!
Thanks a lot! I'm glad you found my review good.
The Etios' backseat is uncomfortable? You've been surely spoilt by the City's comfort!
The Liva's rear seat will be more or less the same but while accelerating, it'll be more uncomfortable than the Etios because of the shorter wheelbase.
The rear seat feels bouncy when going over bad roads but, I find it good in expressways.

The front seats are the place you'd wanna be. They offer excellent support when compared to the rear seats. Driving long distances in my old santro was a pain because of the hard seats and the chair like seating position, the ankles will hurt badly after driving for an hour. The Liva on the other hand is surprisingly comfortable for long drives. I was never tired after driving 500kms without a break! Thanks to the superb seating position. I only wish the seats were thicker
saadat1992 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 23:44   #124
BHPian
 
subratasenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 374
Thanked: 275 Times
Default re: The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. 25000 kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
@amalji & subratasenn - Initially there was a rattle from the ICE area but now there's another rattle but, i couldn't find from where it is coming.
And regarding the suspension, my friend got his Liva's suspension changed but only the front ones were replaced! They wont change the rear ones voluntarily? Should we insist them to do so?
They don't change suspensions voluntarily. Only if you complain. Most people complain about the front suspension only and get them changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
They don't change even the front suspensions voluntarily. But if you demand citing the sound, they do it under warranty. Rear suspensions do not have a major problem really. They add spacers but no new suspensions under warranty. This has been discussued in details, I think, in the Etios/Liva facelift launch thread.
Yes, previously they were only adding spacers in the rear suspension. But, now they are changing the rear suspension too and replacing them with the new design if you complain. I got a call from Topsel Toyota in this respect confirming this new development.
subratasenn is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 09:37   #125
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 235
Thanked: 97 Times
Default re: The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. 25000 kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
Yes, previously they were only adding spacers in the rear suspension. But, now they are changing the rear suspension too and replacing them with the new design if you complain. I got a call from Topsel Toyota in this respect confirming this new development.
Any idea what is the effect of this rear suspension change in terms of back seat ride? I assume that the new suspension will be a stiffer one.
sups is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 10:10   #126
BHPian
 
sawnilrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 236
Thanked: 338 Times
Default re: The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. 25000 kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Hi Sawnilrules!
Thanks a lot! I'm glad you found my review good.
The Etios' backseat is uncomfortable? You've been surely spoilt by the City's comfort!
The Liva's rear seat will be more or less the same but while accelerating, it'll be more uncomfortable than the Etios because of the shorter wheelbase.
The rear seat feels bouncy when going over bad roads but, I find it good in expressways.

The front seats are the place you'd wanna be. They offer excellent support when compared to the rear seats. Driving long distances in my old santro was a pain because of the hard seats and the chair like seating position, the ankles will hurt badly after driving for an hour. The Liva on the other hand is surprisingly comfortable for long drives. I was never tired after driving 500kms without a break! Thanks to the superb seating position. I only wish the seats were thicker
Hi Saadat!!!

I completely agree with you, the fronts seats are far more comfortable. In-fact know a days I only sit in the front seat when traveling in and around with the car. Anyways, back seats are never meant for us. We are the riders mate, and riders never seat behind.
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2013, 00:22   #127
BHPian
 
subratasenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 374
Thanked: 275 Times
Default re: The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. 25000 kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Any idea what is the effect of this rear suspension change in terms of back seat ride? I assume that the new suspension will be a stiffer one.
Yes, probably. But your vehicle will not sag with 5 people and loads of luggage. You gain some, you lose some.
subratasenn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 00:21   #128
BHPian
 
saadat1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chennai (TN-10)
Posts: 588
Thanked: 287 Times
Default re: The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. 25000 kms update

Recently did a video on the beam spread of the 100/90W H4.
This one shows how good the light throw and the beam spread are in pitch dark.
Excuse the clarity, next time , will film it in HD!



Will also be filming the Projector lamps' beam spread and light throw that my friend is going to install in his Liva.

Cheers
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 19:43   #129
BHPian
 
saadat1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chennai (TN-10)
Posts: 588
Thanked: 287 Times
Default

Here are the pics of my friend's liva. He got the HID kit replaced by the projectors! Both headlamp and the foglamps are projectors! The light intensity is IMMENSE! The headlamps cost him 14k!

The Angel Halo DRL
Name:  ForumRunner_20130421_193900.png
Views: 3711
Size:  295.1 KB


The Projector! Way too powerful!
Name:  ForumRunner_20130421_193920.png
Views: 2741
Size:  234.7 KB


The whole light setup! Looks cool on the white Liva!
Name:  ForumRunner_20130421_194044.png
Views: 3123
Size:  324.8 KB


With only the foglamps switched on! That's as powerful as highbeam on the headlamps!
Name:  ForumRunner_20130421_194110.png
Views: 2527
Size:  246.8 KB
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 20:08   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
amalji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,119
Thanked: 1,232 Times
Default

Could you please post a photo of the Angel DRL in day time ?
amalji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 20:16   #131
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,250
Thanked: 3,445 Times
Default re: The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. 25000 kms update

The OE headlamps are really good enough with the 100/90W set up with good spread and reach. Though the fog lamps looks weak, their spread is excellent,

If Toyota upgrades to 55W fog lamps with similar spread, the head light set up with 100/90W should be good enough to do cross country trips driving in the night.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 20:22   #132
BHPian
 
saadat1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chennai (TN-10)
Posts: 588
Thanked: 287 Times
Default

@amalji - Sure! Will post it in a couple of days!
@nkrishnap - Yeah! I find my 100/90w set up really good! Driving on the highways is a breeze!
I haven't installed the foglamps because the headlamps themselves are pretty effective in dark!
I'll post the video of the beam spread of the projectors! They are really good!
saadat1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2013, 15:15   #133
BHPian
 
saadat1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chennai (TN-10)
Posts: 588
Thanked: 287 Times
Default

@amalji - Here's the pic you requested! Angel Halo in day time! This one is the same headlamps but on my friends swift!



Name:  ForumRunner_20130422_151549.png
Views: 2733
Size:  429.1 KB
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 22:18   #134
BHPian
 
saadat1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chennai (TN-10)
Posts: 588
Thanked: 287 Times
Default

UPDATE:
Great news! The Liva touched the 10,000km mark today & the current odometer reading stands at 10004kms.
It has taken me 9.5 months to get to 10000kms that averages to more than a 1000kms a month!
Will have to book the 10k service and also get the suspension changed & will also report the rattles.
Making the most out of this brilliant & practical Diesel Hatchback!

I'm Lovin' it!
saadat1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 10:41   #135
Newbie
 
bhaduriaritr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: bangalore
Posts: 5
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

The noise comes packing material they put while installing ice gets disturbed. But it's a quick job to tell them and check. Ravindu Toyota did this for me already once, but its back... will get it fixed in my 20 k service.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th May 2013 at 15:16. Reason: Please take some time to proof-read your posts before submitting. Thanks.
bhaduriaritr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
White meets Black, it's Toyota Liva GD Xclusive for me. EDIT: 30,000 km update driving_smartly Long-Term Ownership Reviews 27 10th August 2016 23:30
The Black Knight: Toyota Etios Liva G Inquisitive Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 33 29th August 2015 16:18
Living Tmrrw 2Day - Toyota Etios Liva G - SP Vermilion Red - 10,000 kms nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 184 25th June 2015 18:41
White Knight: Toyota Etios VD 1.4L Diesel. Long Term Review @ 33,000 kms AshBabu Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 6 8th December 2014 21:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks