Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 19th May 2006, 18:33   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertouchme
I was meanin' the Old Indica and Indica V2.... As V2 was not avaliable in 2003.
The V2 diesel was launched in February 2001 and the V2 petrol was launched in September 2001. I bought my V2 LSi in March 2003.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2006, 18:53   #17
BHPian

Nice Information.. It seems u were pretty much love with ur Zen D ..

Never seen an owner who loves to write so much even if the thing is sold..

U got an amazing price..
prakash2757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2006, 19:08   #18
Team-BHP Support

Default bald spot

nice writeup.
one point -> why did you have to replace your tyres so often? was it due to your driving style or technical reasons (like the initial Tata Sumos)?
aah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2006, 20:13   #19
BANNED

Forgot to compliment you - great report. If you could also post your total maintenance expenses for this period, that would make it the ultimate ownership report.
Old 19th May 2006, 20:24   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
What is this connection between southies and diesel, which comes up in many threads ? I mean, is diesel not preferred up north ? If so, why not ? And why are southies so crazy about diesel ? I am a southie, but have never had a diesel car and don't really dig diesel.
The southern states (not very sure about KA but definitely TN, AP & KL) have traditionally been diesel country. Its in the cities that you would find more petrol vehicles but move away from the cities and diesel rules.

When running is high for a given timeframe, the choice is automatically diesel if costs are important.
Old 20th May 2006, 07:04   #21
BHPian

[quote =nitrous]
Y did not you claim insurance?
[quote]
yo nitrous, delivery takes more than 3 days, when i wanna claim insurance... My boss ill kick me if i were sitting at my home and relaxing... that was de reason...[/FONT][/SIZE]

Last edited by nevertouchme : 20th May 2006 at 07:09.
nevertouchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2006, 07:07   #22
BHPian

Default Not bad ah !

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
manson
"now that is called serious extraction of value paid for a diesel car compared "
- well, not bad ah ! He was a serious work horse !
Old 20th May 2006, 07:25   #23
BHPian

Smile

guyz, thanks a lot for your replies !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Right upsize is 165/60/R13.
Y?
nitrous, delivery takes more than 3 days, when i wanna claim insurance... My boss ill kick me if i were sitting at my home and relaxing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
Pretty Good !!! - I would say that paying 2.75L for a 3 year/120K Zen-D is outright highway robbery, if I didnt know the craze for diesel engines in south-india.
“ so me one hell ova lucky dog ahh ? “

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
The last tyre Change 165/65-13...I dont think GIIIs come in this size...
http://www.bridgestone.co.in/tyre/ty...attern_id=5C56

Hey kpzen, thanks for your comment, well kindly check the bridgestone india website, there you get all the details of sizes available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Nice writeup. I loved the third scene.
U loved it and it drilled ma pocket deep lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_satya
radiator 19k???
not much, radiator costs 7k with tax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver
A very well maintained car inspite of all the accidents you mentioned.
yo sri…… how z u? well, thanks for the comment… oh yeah, when I disposed the car, it was in a good shape. The guy who bought the car came back home after 3 months or so and said, “thanks”. Car is very good… totally he was satisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr
great thing is you have keept track of everything and more than that posted here , you should not have sold the car ,now whats happens to your touring life ? died?
” Lol, now my touring life nothing but, every day being chauffeured from my office to home in bangalore, by company car… every day 50 kms to & fro… “

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
The V2 diesel was launched in February 2001 and the V2 petrol was launched in September 2001. I bought my V2 LSi in March 2003.
hi harg, thank you much, would try to make it de complete ownership report as you mentioned.
I meant the V2 new, not being model specific… sorry “

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash2757
Never seen an owner who loves to write so much even if the thing is sold..
Trust me, I still miss him a lot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78
why did you have to replace your tyres so often?
Tires were worn out, may be too much of h/w driving, n zen-d’s average is only 35,000. TUD 5 is not light I guess… lol.
Old 20th May 2006, 08:19   #24
ECM
BHPian

Hey nevertouchme...You touched me!!
wow!! In my opinion this is one of the best post I have seen after I joined Team BHP forum,I can understand your love for your beautiful baby and can smell that u miss it a lot.I too had a similar insident when I sold my first pet.zen and whenever I see it running on the road or parked in side I miss it and sometimes tears come into my eyes coz that was the zen which fetched me amazing profits and we used to have almost 3 shipments every month(containor load)for xport so I can understand how you miss it.Very very detailed and nice sum up specially the mouse story and the birth of baby mouse into your Baby!
I salute you for not taking insurance as u prefered to stick to your duries,salam to u and this is what we all Indians must learn from u.(even I have never claimed since 1991 in any of my car till yet but during last riots in gujarat United India was not taking my shipment's insurance so I met the chief here and showed him my old papers and told him boy see I am one of your client who has not bothered u to sign cheque for me,next minute he agreed to give me a transhipment insurance)
All in all one of the best reading for me in this weekend.You made my day dear.may God bless u.
ECM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2006, 03:37   #25
BHPian

Smile Oh wow !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
Hey nevertouchme...You touched me!!
wow!! In my opinion this is one of the best post I have seen after I joined Team BHP forum,I can understand your love for your beautiful baby and can smell that u miss it a lot.I too had a similar insident when I sold my first pet.zen and whenever I see it running on the road or parked in side I miss it and sometimes tears come into my eyes coz that was the zen which fetched me amazing profits and we used to have almost 3 shipments every month(containor load)for xport so I can understand how you miss it.Very very detailed and nice sum up specially the mouse story and the birth of baby mouse into your Baby!
I salute you for not taking insurance as u prefered to stick to your duries,salam to u and this is what we all Indians must learn from u.(even I have never claimed since 1991 in any of my car till yet but during last riots in gujarat United India was not taking my shipment's insurance so I met the chief here and showed him my old papers and told him boy see I am one of your client who has not bothered u to sign cheque for me,next minute he agreed to give me a transhipment insurance)
All in all one of the best reading for me in this weekend.You made my day dear.may God bless u.
Thanks a ton ECM for your appreciation on the same... 'em flying....
Old 30th June 2006, 15:39   #26

Hey man, great report and i completely agree with you. I have been using a Zen D(an office car) for a long time. It has just crossed 120,000km and i've loved every bit of it. It's been in Mumbai and bears the scars--so i've just sent it in for an entire body paint and 'undent' job. looking forward to getting it back.
Rocket science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2006, 17:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

[quote=ECMI salute you for not taking insurance as u prefered to stick to your duries,salam to u and this is what we all Indians must learn from u.(even I have never claimed since 1991 in any of my car till yet but during last riots in gujarat United India was not taking my shipment's insurance so I met the chief here and showed him my old papers and told him boy see I am one of your client who has not bothered u to sign cheque for me,next minute he agreed to give me a transhipment insurance)
All in all one of the best reading for me in this weekend.You made my day dear.may God bless u.[/QUOTE]

Probably you never met with an accident that caused major damage to the car worth claiming insurance? I appreciate that. If that's not the case, Whats so great in not claiming insurance? If the accident repairs are very expensive and more than you save for the no claim bonus, any wise man will claim insurance? I expect there should be a reason that i never knew behind not claiming.
After all we pay many thousands every year for the insurance and i don't think it's a donation to the insurance company.

Sorry for diverting this excellent thread but clarifying my doubt.

Last edited by satish_appasani : 30th June 2006 at 17:08.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2008, 23:13   #28

great writeup, another zen di owner here, and am really satisfied with the car, got it 2nd hand about 7 months or so back and already did 17k KMs on it, its a good feeling to know uve only spent about 10k in fuel charges coz of the Diesel where as one wud have spent atleast 5 times the amount if it were a petrol, so its more to do with the amount of usage than the preference, would i take a Petrol car over the Diesel? absolutely but the running cost is just too much for me to afford, if the commute is about 15-20 kms per day, then petrol is manageable, anything more and u ougt to be earning some serious moolah to afford it :P

EDIT: dunno how this thing popped up in the new posts link, sorry of digging up such an old thread :(

Last edited by Rave : 9th March 2008 at 23:18.
Rave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2008, 09:35   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
That was a very nice report.
Did i read that Zen Di is more sluggish than Indica?
Me also surprised to hear that . We have been Indica Owners right from its launch. The first batch of Indica's were amazingly Torqy a thing which lacks in the boring V2's . However the NVH is much lower in V2 than in V1 !
nikunj_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2008, 12:49   #30
Senior - BHPian

Last month I sold my ZEN Di where i was a second owner.It was a 2003 we Had purchased in 2004 march from other person who has clocked less than 10K...and we had clocked 82K till date as we didn't spent any money on even changing the timing belt...apart from changing the tires once and had survived from minor scrathces and dents which are not much noticable...and also was well maintained with regular services...finallly we had spend a lot on it(Timing belt-4K,Front shocks,arm etc-6K,AC refilling and cleaining-3K and lot more inside etc..) were our trip have been reduced now-a-day and we thought not to spend much amount on this vehicle so it had to be sold...and deal was done for 1.95L...added 1.2L to it and purchased ALTO LXi yesterday...with all the buget discounts...
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote