Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 10th March 2008, 13:58   #31

Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Last month I sold my ZEN Di where i was a second owner.It was a 2003 we Had purchased in 2004 march from other person who has clocked less than 10K...and we had clocked 82K till date as we didn't spent any money on even changing the timing belt...apart from changing the tires once and had survived from minor scrathces and dents which are not much noticable...and also was well maintained with regular services...finallly we had spend a lot on it(Timing belt-4K,Front shocks,arm etc-6K,AC refilling and cleaining-3K and lot more inside etc..) were our trip have been reduced now-a-day and we thought not to spend much amount on this vehicle so it had to be sold...and deal was done for 1.95L...added 1.2L to it and purchased ALTO LXi yesterday...with all the buget discounts...
Gr8 to hear that , Congrats on your purchase ! Enjoy the ride .
nikunj_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 13:16   #32
Default Maruti Zen D - Blown Engine -Help Required

Hi All,

This is Arun from Hyderabad, i happened to find 2005 - Maruti Zen Diesel for sale. It has done 1Lakh + Kms on ODO ,
Current condition of the vehicle - Car is lying in garage for last 1.5 Years , Head is in Open Condition from past 1.5 years , as per mechanic it was opened for work as Timing Belt was cut while the car was in running condition. Half of the Engine is open and all parts are dumped in car, not sure what may be missing.

Before i go ahead on it , i want to know what are the costs involved for Half Engine Rework , or it would be better to find any other engine .

Please suggest.
arun.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 19:14   #33
Default Re: My Zen Diesel - 1,20,000 km report

Hi Arun,

A half engine work for the alto would cost around Rs.30K-40K in a maruti after sales service. A zen diesel would cost more than that in a MASS in my assumption. It would be cheaper by a few thousands in the neighborhood garage.

But, please check the availability of the half engine for zen diesel in MASS. If it is not available then sourcing spares by self would become tedious. And, do not completely rely on the local garages, as they can milk you unless you were associated with them for a long time.

In case you are planning to buy it for yourself, may I suggest a used zen petrol or Alto, which in my opinion are fuss free compared to a used zen diesel.

Thanks & drive safe.
jetsetgo08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 21:30   #34
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Re: Maruti Zen D - Blown Engine -Help Required

Originally Posted by arun.r View Post
Current condition of the vehicle - Car is lying in garage for last 1.5 Years , Head is in Open Condition from past 1.5 years ..
Why, Oh Why ?

My suggestion - dump it. Let him bury it. I would have been looking out for another newer car.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 00:29   #35
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Re: My Zen Diesel - 1,20,000 km report

Why to plonk in money for such uncertainty? That too for a Zen-D whose spares will be difficult to source, if I am right.
If budget is your constraint, then I am sure the same amount or a wee bit more can still fetch you models like Alto or Wagon-R. If it is that you want a Zen, then go for the petrol version. But be informed, the spares, though reasonably priced, may not be available off-shelf.

Last edited by saket77 : 19th July 2016 at 00:41.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote